2nd June 2009 - Hunt for the Red Raktuber + Patch Notes

darkjab

Not a bad quest, think it had a good plot with a decent reward for the time put into completeing it.

[hide=Spoiler]Think its good how they've tied together Slug, Penguin and Red Axe Storylines so this is almost definatly building up to the next Grandmaster Quest that has been mentioned before (in the Dwarf Dev Diaries I think). Hope its on par with WGS[/hide]

The red Axe isn't tied into this.

The dwarves in this quest fractured off from the Red Axe, meaning they weren't a part of it anymore.

The Red Axe plays no part in the penguin series.

Also the connection with the sea slug is very, very loose, actually in the end the connection seems to be going to be "undone" by the KGB.. (altough a twist can still be there where the slugs actual start controlling the penguins, it would make the story very far-stretched).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad quest, think it had a good plot with a decent reward for the time put into completeing it.

[hide=Spoiler]Think its good how they've tied together Slug, Penguin and Red Axe Storylines so this is almost definatly building up to the next Grandmaster Quest that has been mentioned before (in the Dwarf Dev Diaries I think). Hope its on par with WGS[/hide]

The red Axe isn't tied into this.

The dwarves in this quest fractured off from the Red Axe, meaning they weren't a part of it anymore.

The Red Axe plays no part in the penguin series.

Also the connection with the sea slug is very, very loose, actually in the end the connection seems to be going to be "undone" by the KGB.. (altough a twist can still be there where the slugs actual start controlling the penguins, it would make the story very far-stretched).

The captain was under the control of a slug. That's where that connection comes from. What that may mean for the future, I can't say. I'm looking forward to meeting mother Mallum though.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

(im f2p atm so cant do the quest yet) but, how exactly is penguin tied to slug serie? just the commander hit by a slug by coincidence? or is there really a plot?

[hide=story]Well the captain just went on a "test mission" with the newly sub.. Then at some point all comunication was lost. 1 guy returned/was captured by the KGB and he explains that there's some higher boss in charge of the ship now (turns out to be sea slug). In the end the KGB recaptures the ship. - that's about all there is to it[/hide]

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Thought the polar bear-tree was funny as anything.

The hunter exp for capturing penguins isn't bad, about what it should be for the level.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

The hunter exp for capturing penguins isn't bad, about what it should be for the level.

But what's the reward for capturing them? If there is none than you might as well catch Chinchompas as they're also profitable. Or, if you're too low for that, [bleep]y kebbits or salamanders.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

But what's the reward for capturing them? If there is none than you might as well catch Chinchompas as they're also profitable. Or, if you're too low for that, [bleep]y kebbits or salamanders.

We don't know yet, there may be a reward once you catch a high number, not every penguin you catch there is a KPG member, i got 5 in about 3k exp.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

We don't know yet, there may be a reward once you catch a high number, not every penguin you catch there is a KPG member, i got 5 in about 3k exp.

I think someone posted a link to a guide about the penguin hunter area. The experience is supposed to be like 200-250 each.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Maybe they'll slightly change the colour of the water to a lighter blue for next week's update ftw :thumbup:

my thoughts excactly, or maybe they will change the look of the login screen or something?

The general oceanic water found in Runescape? Why would they do that?

cliffside1ra5.png

whats the whole plot in the quest?

To waste your time.

Also try to keep their [Jagex] word of completing old quest lines instead of starting new ones.

Do you want a Runescape with no quest no story lines or plots???

Stop complaining about quest, if you feel like you wasted time doing a quest then the answer is simple.

DON'T DO IT! That way you don't have to come here and [female dog] about it and waste even further time posting something that wasted your time.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

To waste your time.

Also try to keep their [Jagex] word of completing old quest lines instead of starting new ones.

Stop complaining about quest, if you feel like you wasted time doing a quest then the answer is simple.

DON'T DO IT! That way you don't have to come here and [female dog] about it and waste even further time posting something that wasted your time.

how do you female dog about something?

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

To waste your time.

Better question... How do you know you are wasting your time until after you've already done it? ;)

Get what your saying, to a degree, but the entire logic there is flawed. You can't possibly know you're going to be wasting your time until you've already done it. For arguements sake... let's say even half way through the quest. By that time... you might as well finish it anyways and get whatever unknown (or known if you leech off guides) reward you might get to salvage said wasted time.

Not saying the quest is a waste of time... For the record... Just incase anyone wants to try and blast me for something I didn't even say. ;)

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

I liked it, it was quite humorous. It's rare that I dislike a quest.

And also, just a word to everyone who ever dislikes a quest. At least they're not like the quests in most other games.

"I need some . Kill x monster y times. Thank you."

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

At least they're not like the quests in most other games.

IMP CATCHER. :-#

But yeah, that's just parts OF quests, not the whole quest. We want quests that are monster-killing? WE DO SLAYER K.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Another reason why June is the best month of the year.

Penguin story line is awesome. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Finished it. One of the most entertaining quests I've completed. :mrgreen:

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

To waste your time.

how do you female dog about something?

Make your own filter. Because we can't say [bleep].

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

One small favour...

Most of all runescape quests are 'bring me said item because I am too fat and lazy to get it, then talk to said person because I'm unsociable.' You spend most of your time walking to an out of reach place, rather than fighting or solving a puzzle.

There are a handful of quests, however, that have been pretty fun. They are mainly the ones that don't involve a pointless task that could of been solved in a much easier manner.

Stellactic.gif

One small favour...

Most of all runescape quests are 'bring me said item because I am too fat and lazy to get it, then talk to said person because I'm unsociable.' You spend most of your time walking to an out of reach place, rather than fighting or solving a puzzle.

There are a handful of quests, however, that have been pretty fun. They are mainly the ones that don't involve a pointless task that could of been solved in a much easier manner.

I think he meant quests in games where every single quest means killing some monster over and over to collect enough random useless objects to fill a quota for some npc who wants to use said useless object to make a nice cuppa tea, or because they need to study the "strange markings" found on them. Then all the monsters are just slightly upscaled versions of the weaker monsters in the game. You know all the cut and paste games made by companies like Aeria.

[hide]

[/hide]

One Small favor is funn, takes you on a trip along whole central RS. Every task is just at the next village. Really liked it and the reward. Altough they make more and more good quests. I wouldnt bother to get trough a cave full of traps with some creature at the end for once (somelike temple of Ikov, but it dousnt has a monster).

Mazgar, instead of flaming the idiot who wont understand anyway, tell me the plot :P, dont bother, I already know it.