runescape classic undeground pass vs. runescape 2

drixoman

I was just wondering as I read the last quest released on RSC was the Underground Pass, but back then Tiranwann was not released...so what happen if you go through the pass after finishing? Are you just going to be in a dead-end...are you going to received a fatal system error? I am just curious.

Thanks

You just can't go in the Well of Voyage. Simple.

so you just go kill ivan?

Aye. You're told about a magical land, ripe with resources, filled with elves. Unfortunately, you can't visit it.

Then, in RS2, they announce a new quest, Regicide. Now you CAN visit that wonderful land!

Turns out it's Isfadar.... sigh.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I can't imagine how much of a frustrating cliffhanger it must have been to complete Underground pass in RSC. You go through all those painful obstacles, defeat Ivan, and finally as your reward you learn of a magical land of elves beyond your wildest imagination. But guess what? You can't go there yet, it hasn't even been designed by the creators. All your efforts have been to chase a goal that isn't even tangible yet. Congratulations.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I can't imagine how much of a frustrating cliffhanger it must have been to complete Underground pass in RSC. You go through all those painful obstacles, defeat Ivan, and finally as your reward you learn of a magical land of elves beyond your wildest imagination. But guess what? You can't go there yet, it hasn't even been designed by the creators. All your efforts have been to chase a goal that isn't even tangible yet. Congratulations.

many of the current quest storylines are the same. i personally am eager to confront lucien again.

fishing.gif

I just did that quest yesterday on my side account. After you throw the doll down the well (I'm not sure if this is the Well of Voyage) you jump down the well and is in cave corridor with an exit at the end, unfortunately I talked to Koftik who was down there, and he offered/forced me to follow him out of the pass.

They never mention elves, just a land to the west.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I just did that quest yesterday on my side account. After you throw the doll down the well (I'm not sure if this is the Well of Voyage) you jump down the well and is in cave corridor with an exit at the end, unfortunately I talked to Koftik who was down there, and he offered/forced me to follow him out of the pass.

I seem to remember that you get teleported away after you throw in the doll, to a safe cave with Koftik. This cave however, is a different one than the cave you get to if you'd jump in the Well of Vayage. That well gets repaired at the beginning of Regicide, so you couldn't even use it during Underground Pass.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

I seem to remember that you get teleported away after you throw in the doll, to a safe cave with Koftik. This cave however, is a different one than the cave you get to if you'd jump in the Well of Vayage. That well gets repaired at the beginning of Regicide, so you couldn't even use it during Underground Pass.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get teleported... why would I? Koftik doesn't seem like the kind to be adept at magic, and he was under the control of Iban anyways. So how could he teleport me away the second Iban was destroyed? I suppose the magical area itself could have teleported me, but I don't see why the evil temple would teleport me to a safe place.... it is rather strange lol. But there was a well, and I threw the doll down it, so it obviously can't have been completely destroyed...

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I'm pretty sure I didn't get teleported... why would I? Koftik doesn't seem like the kind to be adept at magic, and he was under the control of Iban anyways. So how could he teleport me away the second Iban was destroyed? I suppose the magical area itself could have teleported me, but I don't see why the evil temple would teleport me to a safe place.... it is rather strange lol. But there was a well, and I threw the doll down it, so it obviously can't have been completely destroyed...

It wasn't destroyed physically but rather 'deactivated', for lack of a better term, by Iban. The effort wasn't to rebuild the well, but to restore it to its original function.

Well, back in the early days, you got teleported, and if you didn't have enough spots in your inventory, you simply didn't get a part of the reward (which appeared in your backpack as soon as you got teleported), so if you had not a single inventory spot, you wouldn't even get the staff of Iban. I think I didn't got the secondary runes for the Iban Blast. :P

Oh well, good old memoires..

But seriously, why is Jagex so awkward to finish the best questline so far? Ok, I know the developer of the elf series was fired/left, but hey, they are with around 300 men at Jagex Towers... <.<

Well, back in the early days, you got teleported, and if you didn't have enough spots in your inventory, you simply didn't get a part of the reward (which appeared in your backpack as soon as you got teleported), so if you had not a single inventory spot, you wouldn't even get the staff of Iban. I think I didn't got the secondary runes for the Iban Blast. :P

Oh well, good old memoires..

But seriously, why is Jagex so awkward to finish the best questline so far? Ok, I know the developer of the elf series was fired/left, but hey, they are with around 300 men at Jagex Towers... <.<

Yup, I'd kill for a sequel in that series right now (a good one, not like Catapult Construction... That one didn't even progress the storyline.). Btw, I watched a movie, and although it's pretty old, it proves something. After Iban dies the Temple starts to collapse, and you 'get thrown off the platform'. You don't land beneath it like the times you failed the jumps, you land in a small cave together with Koftik, mentally sane again. He mentions that some High Mages should be sent to reactivate the Well, and after that you leave.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

All our efforts were for the fun quest and Klank's gauntlets.

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

i remember being so excited by having the best gloves in the game :?

fishing.gif

i remember being so excited by having the best gloves in the game :?

Or get 59 Magic, and save yourself the insanity by doing Family Crest. Sorry Klank.

I remember getting my magic level up to 50 to wield the free Rune Long ::'

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

After reading all this, it made me want to go watch a video of someone doing the RSC underground pass. :lol:

So I went and did.

Looks pretty similar, but I would love to try it out.

From what the video shows;

Iban says he is swallowed by the darkness.

The chat says he falls to his knees then a roar comes from the pit of the damned.

You then find his staff and some runes, then rocks start to fall around you and the ground begins to shake.

The temple walls start to collapse and you are thrown off the platform.

You then end up in a cave area with koftik.

You talk to him and he says the king has to send some high mages to restore the well of voyage.

He then leads you out.

The king tells you that when the high mages have re summoned the well of voyage, he will send a band of troops lead by your player to stop tyras.

---You are awarded 5 quest points---

Then if you talk to him afterwards, he says the mages are still re summoning the well of voyage.

He will send word to you as soon as they are done.

And thats it.

Here is a link to the video's if anyone wants to take a look:

Part 1:

Part 2: