Dragon X Bow?

wildmonkeys5

Probably wont be one, Jagex has done this before. Plus, its just a design.

Its close to what a dragon crossbow could be like, but whether its going to be introduced, no one knows.

And i think its in Ardounge (I dont follow the RSOF on this so i dont really know, but thats what i think was said. Plus, the zoo is in the top left of the pic, no?)

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the name of the bar is the "Poison Arrow", I think it's just a red bow with an arrow on it, with some fancy fire around it. Not a crossbow...

Now, instead of discussing the Dragon crossbow, lets talk about the front side of this fair lady ;) :

poisonarrow.png

Looks nice, i like the squirrel :3

But like alot of Jagex's other development pics, the woman is seen as a.. erhm.. [bleep].

Hope i can say that here, but its true.

They all have short skirts, big chests, etc.

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

People say it kind of looks like a dark bow...could it be a dark crossbow, and involved in a higher level slayer update? Just running it past, lol. Also, what do you think the reqs on a dragon/dark crossbow would be? Rune requires 61, and addy 46, a 15 level climb. Would a dragon crossbow be somewhere around the 76-80 mark?

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

Drop from the new slayer monster maybe?

Possible some arangement similar to the DFS where it drops the limbs, and you have to either have the required level to fletch it with some mage logs, or you have to visit somebody in the bar and they attach it for you for 1mill+.

I think a new crossbow off a 95 slayer monster makes total sense, maybe a hidden update soon. Or maybe the monster will be killable after some quest, like the new dwarf one coming out in awhile.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

this is def a xbow not a long/shortbow

dxbow.png

those black lines on the limb look like the ones from the dark bow. the new C bow will probably refer to it.

Maybe you have to pay a guy in the bar to attach something to a dark bow, like Oziach for the DFS.

Ranged is the best against high level monsters. Ancient magic is the only magic worth it, and it has its uses. Melee is an overall killer in monsters, pvp, and unique uses.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

I think a new crossbow off a 95 slayer monster makes total sense, maybe a hidden update soon. Or maybe the monster will be killable after some quest, like the new dwarf one coming out in awhile.

Must not froget the lvl 78 slayer monster coming out *ahem* soon :roll: , but then again not only would that be an obscenely good drop from such a low lvl monster but it goes against the design of the monster so far (More water-based, like a Mudkip =3)

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

am i the only one thinking that the new bar will come with a quest aswell? because why would they make so much fuss over a bar if thats all it was, a bar? there has to be more to it? and a quest with a new weapon would seem kind of...fitting.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I think we're all jumping the gun here. What we know so far is that there will be a ranger-based bar with wall decorations. Period. We have no clue as to whether that decoration is supposed to represent an actual item. Ever gone to the taxidermist (or better yet: Tutorial Island) and saw a mounted Unicorn head or a mounted red/black Dragon head? If that's supposed to be a teaser as well, they sure are teasing for a long period of time.

And even IF it's a Dragon crossbow, that won't mean they'll release it any time soon. Remember the Granite boots Dondakan from 'Between a Rock...' has? That's from 2006. He still hasn't allowed us to buy his boots.

I think you lot are bound to face a lot of disappointment.

How can some people say that range is overpowered? Ya sure it can hit hard, but melee is still by far the most overpowered. Melee has godswords, dragon claws, vesta long sword. etc. and people are complaining that range would be overpowered with a dragon crossbow? If anything the dragon crossbow gives ranger a chance to equal the power of melee. However, mage is needs new gear or spells more than melee or range.

The thing is, rangers arent supposed to equal mellee, they are supposed to miss on melee'rs, melee>range>mage>melee etc etc, remember the combat tirangle. The only one atm that isn't doing its job is mage i think, but that's only barely.

Yes... just like Magic armour is so incredibly resistant to Melee... oh wait!

The combat system has been broken for years now. A Dragon Crossbow won't make a difference.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

The combat system has been broken for years now. A Dragon Crossbow won't make a difference.

I never get why people make that comment, the whole point to magic, and the reason there are 7 spells dedicated to it, it because you are supposed to farcast. The whole point of a mage in combat is to stop the enemy being able to hit them, which is why rangers are supposed to overpower mage in the triangle.

Now it all gets complicated when you bring hybriding into the equation, but the main combat triangle isn't broken.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I never get why people make that comment, the whole point to magic, and the reason there are 7 spells dedicated to it, it because you are supposed to farcast. The whole point of a mage in combat is to stop the enemy being able to hit them, which is why rangers are supposed to overpower mage in the triangle.

Now it all gets complicated when you bring hybriding into the equation, but the main combat triangle isn't broken.

Meleers able to wear Dragonhide without any negative bonuses completely breaks the triangle, the act that melee is the only class that does not rely on armour for it's accuracy is what makes it broken, mages can't cast while wearing armour for example and to a lesser extent rangers can't range while wearing melee armour.

It's too late to change it now however as it would break far too many PvM things, but Jagex should really have put negative melee bonuses on ranged armour.

Meleers able to wear Dragonhide without any negative bonuses completely breaks the triangle, the act that melee is the only class that does not rely on armour for it's accuracy is what makes it broken, mages can't cast while wearing armour for example and to a lesser extent rangers can't range while wearing melee armour.

It's too late to change it now however as it would break far too many PvM things, but Jagex should really have put negative melee bonuses on ranged armour.

Armadyl armor has negative melee attack bonuses. I think this showed that Jagex wanted to to make the combat triangle to be fixed, but didn't want to change it for existing items, when the gwd came out.

Eh, if it was changed people could adjust, it would make it more fair afterall..

I say just make every part made for what class its for - and to keep others from using it, just add a -100 bonus to every attack bonus of opposite classes. Well, it'll stop melee'ers from wearing dhide and the other opposites, won't it? :lol:

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

It's not a cross bow.

It's a longbow/shortbow with an arrow loaded and perpendicular to the bowstring, looks more like a dark bow or a strange equivalent.

whatsthat.png

Whats that then?

Also, the things perpendicular to the bowstring don't look like arrows, at all. They are far too small.

Seems like it could be a dragon crossbow, pretty cool.

35b9enp.jpg

nice find. :o

[edit] looks more like a bow to me. :-k

it does look like a bow to me as well

you can see the red diamond shaped stock of the crossbow, which is not something a normal bow would have

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I think it's a crossbow, I don't think any bows have anything extra behind the string, looks like where you hold the crossbow. and Xbows have a range from bronze-rune material, so dragon would make sense. As a bow would have wooden material, mainly.

Only thing I would assume if it was a bow, is that it isn't dragon. But it sure does look like dragon. And the fact that the weapon looks like its quivering an arrow, is another possibility.

258uo8n.jpg