Sarah Palin resigns as Alaska's governor

Kaphias

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090703/ap_ ... _resigning

WASILLA, Alaska Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says she will resign from office July 26.

Her spokesman wouldn't say why Palin decided to step down, but the announcement stirred speculation that she would focus on a bid for the 2012 Republican nomination for president.

Spokesman Dave Murrow says Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell will be inaugurated at the governor's picnic in Fairbanks at the end of the month.

Sean Parnell, the lieutenant governor, will be taking her position. It will be interesting to see how this unfold and if she gives any information on why she decided to do so.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News coverage is confusing me a little right now, can someone confirm that she is resigning not just refusing to run for reelection.

Honestly, this news doesn't effect anything except parts of the republican primaries in a few years.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

News coverage is confusing me a little right now, can someone confirm that she is resigning not just refusing to run for reelection.

Honestly, this news doesn't effect anything except parts of the republican primaries in a few years.

On NPR they said that she would be stepping down next month.

Kaphias, I haven't really followed her much, how is she as a governor?

snowsigyy7.png

She is resigning. She said she does not want to go through the lame-duck part of her term, so she is resigning by July 26th.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

On NPR they said that she would be stepping down next month.

Kaphias, I haven't really followed her much, how is she as a governor?

She was okay, I believe she had the highest approval ratings as governor at one time? They went down during the election, she's still pretty popular.

--

Personally, I don't know how she can support herself financially, she gets all kinds of ethics complaints that cost her 100s of thousands of dollars, and she's not exactly rich, according to her, at her press conference, this is a reason why. Most of those ethics complaints were fluff anyway, they were made because of their dislike for her, every single one (ethic complaint) was thrown out, she has tons of legal bills, she said she and her staff have had to spend most of her time dealing with all of that.

Oh well, if she's running for president/congress/senate etc... There's no way I would vote for her because of this, she's a nice woman, and she obviously doesn't crave power and money like most of them, but you can't go around doing that and expect support. I already know how this is going to go, so whatever, kind of reminds me of President Obama leaving the state senate after like 100 days? and running for president (when he said early on that he wouldn't).

Just gonna vote 3rd party if the repubs can't put someone competent and fiscally conservative up, I sure as hell am not gonna vote for this current guy in the white house already out-spending Bush. Or maybe even Ron Paul, ha :lol:

sotw7bar.png

Yay for her steeping down... :thumbup:

NOOO! If she does go for the Republican nomination... :thumbdown:

I agree with this.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

She is not smart, and i thought that's why she is resigning. After all she seem to caused alot trouble for Mccain's Campaign because of how little she knew...

And now the speculation is that she might run for President?

Man that's stupid.

She is not smart, and i thought that's why she is resigning.

I like the irony of the gramatical errors in a sentence that is calling someone "not smart".

Its not that she isn't smart, she is just a a terrible orator and gives badly written speeches. She manages to fire up the republican base because that requires "hotwording" issues, but looks less then brilliant to a lot of people because her speeches are executed in a rather sub par manner.

I really don't want to see her on the republican ticket, then again theres no one in either party I want to see as president in 2012.

awteno.jpg

I like the irony of the gramatical errors in a sentence that is calling someone "not smart".

Its not that she isn't smart, she is just a a terrible orator and gives badly written speeches. She manages to fire up the republican base because that requires "hotwording" issues, but looks less then brilliant to a lot of people because her speeches are executed in a rather sub par manner.

I really don't want to see her on the republican ticket, then again theres no one in either party I want to see as president in 2012.

I also like the irony of the grammatical errors in YOUR sentences. Let's not be grammar Nazis any longer.

Anyway, I don't have anything against her -- she seems nice and all, but the question is: Is she capable as president/vice president? She is a terrible speaker and is not very good with current world issues. Also, she's not exactly the brightest bulb in the bunch.

[hide=]

I also like the irony of the grammatical errors in YOUR sentences. Let's not be grammar Nazis any longer.

Anyway, I don't have anything against her -- she seems nice and all, but the question is: Is she capable as president/vice president? She is a terrible speaker and is not very good with current world issues. Also, she's not exactly the brightest bulb in the bunch.

[/hide]

I just can not pass up an opportunity to point out someone made a gramatical error while insulting someones intellgence ;)

I do agree with you though, shes not fit to be president. While I think she is mentally competant for the job, she would be a very poor leader and she seems far too ideologically based. Not that Im critiquing any specific policy, but she seems in my opinion the type that would fail miserably in an attempt to justify policy.

awteno.jpg

You understood what i said, yet you request a perfect grammar from me...

If you want to be a teacher that badly, i suggest go doing something about it instead of being a grammar idiot on forum boards.

[hide=]

You understood what i said, yet you request a perfect grammar from me...

If you want to be a teacher that badly, i suggest go doing something about it instead of being a grammar idiot on forum boards.

[/hide]

Of course I understood, and I'm not requesting perfect grammar, but if your going to insult someones intelligence you should try to avoid basic grammatical errors in your post.

I also don't approve of her devotion to religion aswell. Religion + Politics = Destruction.

I don't think its the religion thats annoying, its the blindly following of whatever said religion says to believe.

awteno.jpg

I can't believe people even support her as the new "hope" for the Republican party. Her public speaking is worse than Bush's was and even though she might be intelligent, it certaintly doesn't show when she speaks.

To the above post, it doesn't matter if his grammar is bad, he isn't planning on running for president, she is.

smallsigr.jpg

I can't believe people even support her as the new "hope" for the Republican party. Her public speaking is worse than Bush's was and even though she might be intelligent, it certaintly doesn't show when she speaks.

To the above post, it doesn't matter if his grammar is bad, he isn't planning on running for president, she is.

Wait, "she might be?" No, there's no "might," it's a definite not.

She doesn't read any newspapers even though she has a degree in journalism, she never thought about the Iraq War until 2006, she doesn't know what the Bush doctrine is, she has no grasp of any policy position, she can't name a single Supreme Court case other than Roe vs. Wade, etc etc. All she can do is speak parrot, and repeat buzz words.

Notice in her resignation speech today. She mentions the troops. Erm, no offense, but wtf do the troops in Kosovo have to do with your resignation? Maybe she mentioned them because she wants Alaska to secede like Kosovo did. It's not even like she said, "and on this holiday, I'd like to mention the troops..." She's talking about them for political buzz words; "oh! She cares about the troops. Palin '12!" I mean, a lot of politicians do this (Barack Obama included), but not when they're making their resignation speech.

She's just a moron; a sheltered, idiotic, crazy, wing-nut moron with 560k+ supporters on FB. Good job, America!

It's largely because theres noone else that has really shown promise.

Huckabee was a very good conservative, while he is far to right winged for me, he was such a nice and genuine guy that I would take him over most people

Romney, well I dont see anything wrong in his reseme but for some reason he just creeps me out.\

Ron Paul, too radical to actually be president; more useful as the guy who brings up issues.

I think im out of people lolz

edit--

She doesn't read any newspapers even though she has a degree in journalism, she never thought about the Iraq War until 2006, she doesn't know what the Bush doctrine is, she has no grasp of any policy position, she can't name a single Supreme Court case other than Roe vs. Wade, etc etc. All she can do is speak parrot, and repeat buzz words.

In fairness, without saying if she was a republican or democrat that would make her an accurate representative of most americans(maybe not the newspaper part). I hate to defend palin, but the trashing of her is hardly necessary.

lord--right...

awteno.jpg

In fairness, without saying if she was a republican or democrat that would make her an accurate representative of most americans(maybe not the newspaper part). I hate to defend palin, but the trashing of her is hardly necessary.

Are most Americans governor? Are most Americans running for VP? Do most Americans have the possibility of becoming President if a 72-year old cancer survivor kicks it or retreats to the hospital?

No.

And also, as idiotic as a lot of Americans are, I highly doubt that 51% of Americans couldn't name another Supreme Court Case, and I also doubt most Americans didn't think about the Iraq War until 2006.

Are most Americans governor? Are most Americans running for VP? Do most Americans have the possibility of becoming President if a 72-year old cancer survivor kicks it or retreats to the hospital?

No.

And also, as idiotic as a lot of Americans are, I highly doubt that 51% of Americans couldn't name another Supreme Court Case, and I also doubt most Americans didn't think about the Iraq War until 2006.

Im speaking to the behavior/naivity; not the fact that most people arent governors, lets not be facetious

The only common court cases are; roe v wade, plessy v ferguson, and brown v board. Beyond those three I highly doubt 85% of the population will know any(I only knew about 5 pre AP US history) court cases; much less have an idea what they were about.

Anybody else find it amusing two Americans are arguing about how stupid Americans are?

awteno.jpg

Hmm, i really havent heard anything from alaska. must've meant she was an O.K. Governor. However, there are faint rumors that she will go for the 2012 republican nomination. i personally do not want to see it, but if she can make the vice presidential candidate, i am sure she can make it again.

Offtopic, does anyone else pronounce "nomination" be accentuating the "nom"....like "NOMination"....too many nom omn nom's i guess.

99 Fishing

draft_lens2230885module12048880photo_1223942209IQ.jpg

Pretty sure it is not a fake.

I.Q. tests are not accurate. I've taken three 'official' I.Q. tests and the scores were-

142 at 11 years old (Done by a doctor)

74 at 16 years old (Done by a speech therapist)

114 at 17 years old (Done by my highschool)

My highest score, 142, is near the genius level. My lowest score, 74... well you need a minimum I.Q. of 80 to be in public school, no further explanation needed. 114, which I believe to be the most accurate, is 14 points above average.

But in any case, I believe that I.Q. tests to be inaccurate and biased, (apparent with wildly fluctuating scores,) and should not be taken seriously.

But that doesn't change the fact that I dislike Sarah Palin.

28jkzuv.jpg2a9b8sy.jpgwqx853.jpg

gridblack.png