Sarah Palin resigns as Alaska's governor

Kaphias

In fairness, without saying if she was a republican or democrat that would make her an accurate representative of most americans(maybe not the newspaper part). I hate to defend palin, but the trashing of her is hardly necessary.

Are most Americans governor? Are most Americans running for VP? Do most Americans have the possibility of becoming President if a 72-year old cancer survivor kicks it or retreats to the hospital?

No.

And also, as idiotic as a lot of Americans are, I highly doubt that 51% of Americans couldn't name another Supreme Court Case, and I also doubt most Americans didn't think about the Iraq War until 2006.

Im speaking to the behavior/naivity; not the fact that most people arent governors, lets not be facetious

The only common court cases are; roe v wade, plessy v ferguson, and brown v board. Beyond those three I highly doubt 85% of the population will know any(I only knew about 5 pre AP US history) court cases; much less have an idea what they were about.

Anybody else find it amusing two Americans are arguing about how stupid Americans are?

Lol, I find it very amusing.

Anyway, here's more evidence of her stupidity in the text of her speech, as pointed out by Democratic strategist, Paul Begala:

But Gov. Palin didn't say anything like that. Her statement was incoherent, bizarre and juvenile. The text, as posted on Gov. Palin's official website (here), uses 2,549 words and 18 exclamation points. Lincoln freed the slaves with 719 words and nary an exclamation; Mr. Jefferson declared our independence in 1,322 words and, again, no exclamation points. Nixon resigned the presidency in 1,796 words -- still no exclamation points. Gov. Palin capitalized words at random - whole words, like "TO," "HELP," and "AND," and the first letter of "Troops."

Gov. Palin's official announcement that she is resigning as chief executive of the great state of Alaska had all the depth and gravitas of a 13-year-old's review of the Jonas Brothers' album on Facebook. She even quoted her parents' refrigerator magnet. (Note to self: if one of my kids becomes governor, throw away the refrigerator magnet that says: "Murray's Oyster Bar: We Shuck Em, You Suck Em!") She put her son's name in quotations marks. Why? Who knows. She writes, "I promised efficiencies and effectiveness!?" Was she exclaiming or questioning? I get it: both! And I don't even know what to make of a sentence that reads:

*((Gotta put First Things First))*

Ponder the fact that Rupert Murdoch's Harper Collins publishing house is paying this, umm, writer $11 million for a book. Ponder that and say a prayer for Ms. Palin's editor.

She has a degree in journalism, and she doesn't know where to put the emphasis on words or how to do it. You don't capitalize, you italicize or underline. And why would you put your son's name in quotes? She's just a moron who doesn't know how to write, that's why.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a stupid thing for her to step down as governor, but I hope she'll make it in 2012, I've got no problem with her being president. Romney would be my next choice... If the Republicans can even get it together for the next election. (WHICH I CAN ACTUALLY VOTE IN! YAY!)

Why is everyone so against her? Imo, the only woman who would be better as president is Condelizza Rice, but she wants to be NFL commissioner (I don't blame her)

Seriously I need a dorky tshirt to support her...

It was a stupid thing for her to step down as governor, but I hope she'll make it in 2012, I've got no problem with her being president. Romney would be my next choice... If the Republicans can even get it together for the next election. (WHICH I CAN ACTUALLY VOTE IN! YAY!)

Why is everyone so against her? Imo, the only woman who would be better as president is Condelizza Rice, but she wants to be NFL commissioner (I don't blame her)

I don't support her because she's dumb as bricks and is not suitable to run a country.

Are you serious Hawkxs?

If we had her as president we would be [bleep]ed.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Obama's president and we're at least 3 billion in the hole. (3 trillion I think). He hasn't done anything about North Korea and is bowing to foreign leaders. He made a statement that the Middle East's culture is just 'different from our point of view' and needs to be respected (this was during that law that husbands could force their wives to have sex at least once a week)...

What I'm trying to say is she couldn't be worse than Obama is.

Obama's president and we're at least 3 billion in the hole. (3 trillion I think). He hasn't done anything about North Korea and is bowing to foreign leaders. He made a statement that the Middle East's culture is just 'different from our point of view' and needs to be respected (this was during that law that husbands could force their wives to have sex at least once a week)...

Why is everyone critizing Obama as president so much? He's going to have 4 years to do his stuff and people are dogging him out in the first half year. GIVE HIM SOME TIME!

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

He made a statement that the Middle East's culture is just 'different from our point of view' and needs to be respected.

Do you want him to go force American culture on everybody or something?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Obviously you're a right-wing minded guy. Well all I hear from the GOP is protecting America from terrorists.. correct? Now tell me why would Obama do something about North Korea? That would just fuel their flames. That would set up at United States vs North Korea playing field. The same with Iran. Obama should be a world leader. He is the leader of one of the most powerful countries. But problem countries like North Korea and Iran should be dealt with by using solidarity among countries: The United Nations.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

I don't support her because she's dumb as bricks and is not suitable to run a country.

If she becomes president, I'm going to Canada.

I couldn't imagine the US with her running it...

No kidding sith.

And hawkxs if you have any way for us to get out of trillions of debt in 6 months please do tell. It's not like we had no debt and obama came around and then BAM HEY GUYS I SPENT 3 TRILLION.

draft_lens2230885module12048880photo_1223942209IQ.jpg

Pretty sure it is not a fake.

I.Q. tests are not accurate. I've taken three 'official' I.Q. tests and the scores were-

142 at 11 years old (Done by a doctor)

74 at 16 years old (Done by a speech therapist)

114 at 17 years old (Done by my highschool)

My highest score, 142, is near the genius level. My lowest score, 74... well you need a minimum I.Q. of 80 to be in public school, no further explanation needed. 114, which I believe to be the most accurate, is 14 points above average.

But in any case, I believe that I.Q. tests to be inaccurate and biased, (apparent with wildly fluctuating scores,) and should not be taken seriously.

But that doesn't change the fact that I dislike Sarah Palin.

Obviously IQ tests are not a precise measurement of intelligence, not to mention there are two types of scaling, but they are recognized as a good approximation. For her to get 83, she either had to be really careless and distracted or plain dumb.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Obviously you're a [developmentally delayed]ed minded guy.

Fix'd. Don't repeat what daddy says, think to yourself about things once in a while.

Bush spent more on his Iraqi Freedom than on us, like roads or medical care.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Obviously you're a [developmentally delayed] minded guy.

Fix'd. Don't repeat what daddy says, think to yourself about things once in a while.

Bush spent more on his Iraqi Freedom than on us, like roads or medical care.

Haha.

(CNN) In an Independence Day message to supporters, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said she was leaving office for a "higher calling" and blasted the "main stream media" for failing to understand her decision.

"How sad that Washington and the media will never understand; its about country," she said in a message posted on her Facebook page. "And though it's honorable for countless others to leave their positions for a higher calling and without finishing a term, of course we know by now, for some reason a different standard applies for the decisions I make. But every American understands what it takes to make a decision because its right for all, including your family."

"We have accomplished so much and theres much more to do, but my family and I determined after prayerful consideration that sacrificing my title helps Alaska most," she said. "And once I decided not to run for re-election, my decision was that much easier Ive never been one to waste time or resources."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... more-59101

Is it really hard for her to say she's going to run for President? Anyone can read in between the lines. She can know right now, she ain't getting my vote.

(CNN) In an Independence Day message to supporters, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said she was leaving office for a "higher calling" and blasted the "main stream media" for failing to understand her decision.

"How sad that Washington and the media will never understand; its about country," she said in a message posted on her Facebook page. "And though it's honorable for countless others to leave their positions for a higher calling and without finishing a term, of course we know by now, for some reason a different standard applies for the decisions I make. But every American understands what it takes to make a decision because its right for all, including your family."

"We have accomplished so much and theres much more to do, but my family and I determined after prayerful consideration that sacrificing my title helps Alaska most," she said. "And once I decided not to run for re-election, my decision was that much easier Ive never been one to waste time or resources."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... more-59101

Is it really hard for her to say she's going to run for President? Anyone can read in between the lines. She can know right now, she ain't getting my vote.

I hope her higher calling means God, and that she will become a hermit.

Sarah Palin threatens to sue entire internet, via twitter.

So remind me again why someone would ever in their right mind vote for her?

The only thing I can come up with is that they might be Republicans or supporters of the Republican Party.

I love how your source was a clearly objective news station that had no alterior motive in the rubbish article.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

I love how your source was a clearly objective news station that had no alterior motive in the rubbish article.

i read this before i moused over the link and the first thought was "fox news?"

99 Fishing

i read this before i moused over the link and the first thought was "fox news?"

Faux News!?

The way I see it, if she can't even finish her term as governer, she isn't qualified to run for the presidency. It shows she doesn't finish what she starts. She'll never get the support she needs if that's all that she shows us that she can do.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

The way I see it, if she can't even finish her term as governer, she isn't qualified to run for the presidency. It shows she doesn't finish what she starts. She'll never get the support she needs if that's all that she shows us that she can do.

Regardless of whether she finished her term or not I'd be surprised if she decides to run for the presidency. She only looked bad while running for the VP spot and people certainly won't forget that.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti