Riddle me this....

Robert_de_Sable

Ohhh so close. You can only perform one action.

You said one question. So, I was right, but not the answer you were looking for ;) .

If you want to be technical about it :P

PS: Try and solve my riddle I posed a while back.

I did post an answer. Take a look.

I can't see it - unless your refering to this? I thought you were correcting my answer.

Kirby, he hit his head multiple times on multiple things.

An easy riddle:

What happens once a minute, twice a moment but never in an hour? :-k

[hide=]the letter M[/hide]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I think I figured out the fork in the road one.

[hide=]You ask either one of the two which road the other one would tell you to take if you asked them what the correct road was. Then you take the opposite road that they say. Because if the one that tells the truth is the one you ask, he will tell you that the liar would tell you take the wrong road (be it left or right). If you end up asking the liar, he will lie and tell you the truthteller would have you take the wrong road.

I explained that badly I think. Let's say the right road is the wrong one, and the left is right. If you ask the truthteller which road the other would tell you to take, he would say the right road, since the other was a liar. If you ask the liar, he will lie and say the truthteller would tell you to take the right road. So you take the opposite road that they say.[/hide]

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Ok I think I figured out the fork in the road one.

[hide=]You ask either one of the two which road the other one would tell you to take if you asked them what the correct road was. Then you take the opposite road that they say. Because if the one that tells the truth is the one you ask, he will tell you that the liar would tell you take the wrong road (be it left or right). If you end up asking the liar, he will lie and tell you the truthteller would have you take the wrong road.

I explained that badly I think. Let's say the right road is the wrong one, and the left is right. If you ask the truthteller which road the other would tell you to take, he would say the right road, since the other was a liar. If you ask the liar, he will lie and say the truthteller would tell you to take the right road. So you take the opposite road that they say

[/hide]

[hide=]Thats what I was thinking at 1st. But that's 2 questions to figre out for sure, and if you only ask one question, you can't tell if their lying. Unless im confused, it is somewhat late...[/hide]

[hide=]It's only one question, "If I were to ask the other which direction to go, what would they say?". You only need to ask one of them, because they would both give you the same answer, which would always be the wrong way. So whatever either of them tells you, you go the opposite way.

Because the liar would lie and say the truth teller would tell you to go the wrong way (let's say the wrong way is the right fork)

And the truthteller would say that the liar would tell you to go to the right

No matter which one you ask, the answer will be the same, so you take the left.[/hide]

I'm trying to think of a possible solution for the third riddle, but I can't think of any specific questions to ask.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

[hide=]It's only one question, "If I were to ask the other which direction to go, what would they say?". You only need to ask one of them, because they would both give you the same answer, which would always be the wrong way. So whatever either of them tells you, you go the opposite way.

Because the liar would lie and say the truth teller would tell you to go the wrong way (let's say the wrong way is the right fork)

And the truthteller would say that the liar would tell you to go to the right

No matter which one you ask, the answer will be the same, so you take the left.[/hide]

I'm trying to think of a possible solution for the third riddle, but I can't think of any specific questions to ask.

Oh, ok. I get it. Honestly, that was one of my first answers, but my own logic made me not say it. Gah.

An easy riddle:

What happens once a minute, twice a moment but never in an hour? :-k

[hide=]m?[/hide]

Oh, turns out it's already been solved. :P

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Yeah, I basically think of sort of generic riddle answers til I find one that fits, for logic riddles like this one, and think of all the possibilities and all that. When he said your answer was close I figured it out.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Hmm, just thought of a possibility for the 3rd one.

[hide=Answer]Pretty much a smartass answer, but he died from his heart stopping.[/hide]

Though if that is right, I'll be surprised.

No

The cabin is made of medal.

And correct.

The correct question to ask is "What will the other guy tell me?"

[English translation needed]

Not exactly.

Since you can only ask one, and it can be the same, they can simply say that the other is going to tell the truth, or a lie. You do not find the direction that way.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

[hide=riddle 2]In the second one do they decide that if the 3rd person doesnt answer in say 30 seconds than the 2nd person knows that his hat colour is different to that of the person in front of him

i.e: XXO (person 3 knows he must have an O hat)

OX? (person 3 doesnt answer immediately so person 2 knows their hat is a different colour to person 1

I apologize for my inability to effectively articulate what i mean[/hide]

NICKELEY102.png

Not exactly.

Since you can only ask one, and it can be the same, they can simply say that the other is going to tell the truth, or a lie. You do not find the direction that way.

They'll both say the same thing and you'll take the opposite.

The truth teller will tell you the truth about what the liar will say and the liar will lie about what the truth teller says.

I also have a riddle:

[hide=]A man lives on the 50th floor of his apartment building. Every morning on his way to work he takes the elevator down to the 1st floor. Every afternoon he only goes up to the 35th and walks up the rest of the way. Why doesn't he go up all the way?[/hide]

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I thought the answer to the fork in the road one was [hide=]What color is your shirt?[/hide]

That works if you can ask more than 1 question. However the point is to ask one question and get the answer of which way to go.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

[hide=A fork in the road (unsolved)]You are traveling and come to a fork in the road. Sitting on a bench are two people. One of them always tells the truth, while the other always lies. What ONE (the word "one" is emphazied for a reason :P ) question can you ask that will give you the correct way to go?

Are you a liar? The liar would have no answer, so the world would implode and there would be no more fork.[/hide]

Or you know, he just lies to you and says "No."

There was something like that. I thought that was it, but I suppose not. Maybe it was "Are you telling the truth? The liar would answer no (since liars don't tell the truth), but then that would mean he isn't telling the truth, which is true. And there we go, contradiction. Ah. (That could still be wrong, I'm tired...)

And Riku

[hide=]He's a midget?[/hide]

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I also have a riddle:

[hide=]A man lives on the 50th floor of his apartment building. Every morning on his way to work he takes the elevator down to the 1st floor. Every afternoon he only goes up to the 35th and walks up the rest of the way. Why doesn't he go up all the way?[/hide]

[hide=]In the morning he walks down to the 35th floor and takes the elevator down from there[/hide]

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

I also have a riddle:

[hide=]He can't reach the 50th floor button?[/hide]

16185_s.gif

Here is one I made up that nobody to the day knows the answer too. Warning: Useless fact needed to solve.

There is a crime scene investigation. A woman was killed by several punches to the head. This is the following interview with a man, who claims it was self defense:

Me and her were sleeping in beds accross from eachother in seperate beds. She woke me up in the middle of my fantasitic dream to tell me to stop snoring, that I'd been doing it nonstop for hours. I got angry at her, and told her to stop bugging me. She attacked me, so I hit her back. I didn't mean to kill her.

Using ONLY the information from the interview provided, is the man lying (at least about one thing)?

And here is another good one

How can you arrange the letters in "new door" to spell one word? (There is only one correct answer ;) )

[hide=What color hat? (unsolved)]Three men are tied up and sat down in chairs. Their heads are fixed in a position that results in this: The first man sees only straight ahead. The second man sees only the first man, and the third man sees only the other two. None can see themselves. Their captors say that if any of the men can tell them what color hat he is wearing, all three men will be set free. Their are four hats; two black, and two white, the men are told. However, only three of those hats are being worn, so it could be two black and one white or one black and two white. Which one of the men answers, and why?[/hide]

[hide=Answer]If the first two men are wearing the same color hat, then the third man knows that he has a different colored hat and he will say what color he has. If the first two men have different colored hats then the third man cannot logically determine what color his hat is, so he will not guess any color. The second man knows that if the third man could not say what color hat he has, then he and the first man must have different colored hats. Then the second man knows that he is wearing the opposite colored hat of the first man.[/hide]

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Here is one I made up that nobody to the day knows the answer too. Warning: Useless fact needed to solve.

There is a crime scene investigation. A woman was killed by several punches to the head. This is the following interview with a man, who claims it was self defense:

Me and her were sleeping in beds accross from eachother in seperate beds. She woke me up in the middle of my fantasitic dream to tell me to stop snoring, that I'd been doing it nonstop for hours. I got angry at her, and told her to stop bugging me. She attacked me, so I hit her back. I didn't mean to kill her.

Using ONLY the information from the interview provided, is the man lying (at least about one thing)?

And here is another good one

How can you arrange the letters in "new door" to spell one word? (There is only one correct answer ;) )

[hide=Answer]30v25ug.jpg[/hide]

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007