Java crashing in fight caves

otb123

have you guys experienced such problems before?

I had, and not just once. The exact I can't remember now, but it's definitely more than 5 times, with 2 of them happening when I'm at wave 62! :wall:

All I'm left with is the cursed java error log, an inventory drained of supplies, no progress saved and not even any tokkul!!

Now all I wanna do is kick the b**t of every crew in Jagex who decided that ACCIDENTALLY logging your character out in the fight caves will leave you with nothing at all!! :evil:

otb123.png

Never a serious money maker lol.

Currently a Sabre Initiate =]

I used Java sun, up to date I don't get crashes although if it crashes in certain areas frequently there was something in JaGeX technical support a while back something you could enter in the java preferences to stop it happening, not sure where it was though, try again :) make sure its not on "Forced Java" instead Java Default, my "Forced Java" crashes for me :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Now all I wanna do is kick the b**t of every crew in Jagex who decided that ACCIDENTALLY logging your character out in the fight caves will leave you with nothing at all!! :evil:

Did you just actually star out the word butt? Lol..

Amazing Avatar by Lit0ua <3:

i highly doubt at your stats you would get to wave 62 of the fight caves

he has 78 ranged 70 pray (75 melees if guthans), definitely good enough to get cape i got at 79 ranged :P

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

firstly my java option is on default java, although yes I'm using Sun Java

secondly I know of course that people do get disconnections or errors from time to time, the point is that, if the logout system at the fight caves was intended to cause a player who have no intention at all to log out, in an attempt to avoid getting killed by tzhaar monsters, to be kicked out of the fight caves with no progress/tokkul nor stats restored, just because he doesn't have the best computer in the world that would save him from the Java platform crashing, then the whole thing is trash. :evil:

thirdly, yes I put the stars on, but is it the exact word you've guessed? I don't know...

and finally for mckinzy, if you're highly doubtful about my ability to get to wave 62 then I'm sorry to inform you that I've been there for 4 times already, neglecting those cases where the Java crashing occurred and I lost my progress... I got there quite effortlessly everytime except the first to be honest, seeing that I'm usually left with like 8 super restore(4) and 5 sara brews(4) at wave 62:shame:

otb123.png

i highly doubt at your stats you would get to wave 62 of the fight caves

Easily possible with his stats actually. It's more about technique than stats.

I haven't heard of this, this is putting me off getting a fire cape though. :-#

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Coincidentally, do you happen to be on the Windows Vista OS? As well, what is your Graphics card? Those are two factors which could lead to java crashing; it happens to me on random occasions.

When you lose connection in the fight caves are you playing in High detail or Low detail?

Because if you are playing in High detail it might actually be your graphics card. I know mine will crash occasionally which is why when I am doing something important I'll play in Low detail.

Also shouldn't this be in the Tech and Computers forum?

First thing to do is reinstall the latest Java. (Normally fixes most issues)

I concur about the gfx card crashing, but im sure he would know if its a gfx issue as you usually lose the screen for a few seconds then get a warning your drivers crashed and have restarted. and this would only effect high detail. (happens to me occasionally when i max the settings)

Whereas Java crashing causes the game to freeze or give a jagex client error. (and logs the details in the error log).

And another issue i have had in the past is with firefox crashing while playing runescape on it in certain areas. Since upgrading to the latest version i have had no problems tho.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

damn. this time I got to Jad and everytime I killed all the healers they keep coming back...wtf

then when I finally got all the healer's attention on me and Jad almost done, my comp lagged for like 5 secs

then I was killed. damn it. :evil:

My hatred for this game rose again.

otb123.png