15th July 2009 - PvP Changes

Xecer

Haha, best update in a long time. I'm sorry, but I find the people that sold all of their banks in hopes to make themselves feel big with their Dragon Claws so [bleep] hilarious. :lol:

Only bad thing I can see is that Whips will go down. But that doesn't even matter to me, I'm used to them being around 1.3m anyway.

Edit:And anyone else find this Khandajett guy being so obsessed with his post count really annoying?

Lol he's made over 700 posts in under 20 days

lol havent noticed it, nah im just bored these days, waiting for COD4 update which is coming out in 2 weeks, other then that i go outside in evening still got like 2 hours untill i go out to play ball, meanwhile i just like to be on forums play rs and relax

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, best update in a long time. I'm sorry, but I find the people that sold all of their banks in hopes to make themselves feel big with their Dragon Claws so [bleep] hilarious. :lol:

Only bad thing I can see is that Whips will go down. But that doesn't even matter to me, I'm used to them being around 1.3m anyway.

Edit:And anyone else find this Khandajett guy being so obsessed with his post count really annoying?

God, that's disgusting. And from what I've seen, 90% of them are just useless and saying basically "i agree".

If you look through this thread, he's replied to almost every 4th post. I was going to say something, but didn't want to troll.

It's okay, I don't mind. Khanda-whatever, I think I speak for all of us when I say "Either say something productive or shut the hell up."

plus he's an idiot...first page "chia boy...can't wait now"...what is he waiting for?

He's just oblivious to the game...btw, as soon as my xbox get's back from repairs..it's buh bye runescape, hello oblivion :)

I find his posts quite shallow and pedantic. Let's get back on topic now, gentlemen.

[/yuppie voice]

77yLQy8.png

I <3: you too, 3rkid. Come back to Runescape now. ::'

plus he's an idiot...first page "chia boy...can't wait now"...what is he waiting for?

Agreed.

lol havent noticed it, nah im just bored these days, waiting for COD4 update which is coming out in 2 weeks, other then that i go outside in evening still got like 2 hours untill i go out to play ball, meanwhile i just like to be on forums play rs and relax

Thing is, you don't have to reply to anyone. Actually, scratch that, you can if actually have SOMETHING TO SAY. All you do is agree with everyone or post nonsensical statements. Personally, I think you're just trying to get some imaginary self-respect that you think can apparently only be gotten through a high post count.

But screw it, I'm done. We should get back on topic.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

If you look through this thread, he's replied to almost every 4th post. I was going to say something, but didn't want to troll.

Ditto. Also, didn't he create three topics in under a minute yesterday?

To the topic at hand:

This update... sucks. I'm not a PKer, but I know that this in no way stops the PvP trick. Sure, building EP is tougher, but just go somewhere like Mosleeharmless or Isfadar to avoid other players. I also see no point in the auto-skulling or protect item. Since you're going to need 76K to use potential anyway, you're obviously going to risk SOMETHING unless you're just having fun, which, in that case, jolly good for you! This simply obsoletes the most powerful/expensive equipment; who is going to risk D Claws or an AGS simply for the potential to get several million in drops? A quick solution for PJers is to grab a DDS and a piece of 40K armor and have at it.

I seriously think that Jagex has little to no idea as to what players want or to the reaction of their player base to updates.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

^ <3: Robin.

Has that Nukearcher guy said anything? Hybrid dude risks a lot going clan pking in high level wilderness.

nukearcher is the kind of guy who doesn't need expensive gear to be able to pk, i doubt it has affected him and it's the same for many others - deep wild fights are now less about bank wealth and more about skill.

My response is very late but I was very busy.

They ruined ags,whip, and dharok honor pking. Clawers never expect to die anyway and the ones who risk bandos of vesta lose claws on death even without this new system. People can still trick all the want it was never risky in the first place and you rarely died while ep farming.

So lets look this over.....Clawers are still alive, 26king turned into 76king and is still alive, and most honor pkers got squashed. They caused a massive crash in high level items, and the only people who will thrive are welfares and extremely high level clans. I could still 76king avidly if I wished but I wouldn't be able to use the brawlers I'm after without it being a waste of time. Time to hang up my tricking hat and put back on my slayer helmet.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Something along these lines would be better:

Allow protect item if risking at least 250k WITH PRO ITEM ON. This way people like rune Pkers, Etc could still use their whips/ss/GS and protect it, but would eliminate people slapping on pro item to have no loss. Seems alot more efficient rather than kicking all the real Pkers in the mouth.

My response is very late but I was very busy.

They ruined ags,whip, and dharok honor pking. Clawers never expect to die anyway and the ones who risk bandos of vesta lose claws on death even without this new system. People can still trick all the want it was never risky in the first place and you rarely died while ep farming.

So lets look this over.....Clawers are still alive, 26king turned into 76king and is still alive, and most honor pkers got squashed. They caused a massive crash in high level items, and the only people who will thrive are welfares and extremely high level clans. I could still 76king avidly if I wished but I wouldn't be able to use the brawlers I'm after without it being a waste of time. Time to hang up my tricking hat and put back on my slayer helmet.

I agree. I immediatly went back to slaying, instead of camping mages for 99 attack and cash. After this update, as it stands now, I have mixed feelings. The AGS which I have been saving for will soon be cheaper. However, I can only use it for Monster Hunting and Mini games now really. I do think something else will be changed with this update though. If not, I was never much of a Pker for profit. I'll just turn to Sara GWD, Corpie LS, and slayer, among other things to make cash. Those this update hits most are those who PK hardcore, those who were the REAL skilled Pkers.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Those this update hits most are those who PK hardcore, those who were the REAL skilled Pkers.

I disagree. If you're referring the people who people who relied on lucky AGS and claw specs to KO as "true PKers", then you are sadly mistaken.

If anything, this benefits the true hardcore PKers. I would think that above anyone they would be less inclined to die, and would be happy that their targets are now risking everything.

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

Lol @ AGS and claws.

lol i feel bad about people who couldnt sell it in time

OT

I see that you have a significant post count and so calling you out may be pointless but you, through your posts in this thread and others that I have seen, offer very little to discussion. Your posts are often one sentence that does not develop any thoughts nor offer other tif-ers anything of substance to talk about. In a nutshell lurk more.

Additionally the conversation that you have spurned has been questioning how much gold you have and how you got it. This of course have received no responses from you. So if you would please give us some insight into how a 103 can afford such extravigant items with less than respectable levels in any stats.

As to the update - I am a diy player and not a pvp-er. Honestly the pvp updates have left me very jaded. I wish some beneficial content would be added. And no game tools are not what I am alluding to.

lol its called having a a friend giving you white partyhat before the update of trade limit came and i couldnt return it. Thus used it as my source of money, hence answering your question. I have pmed the people who asked me this instead of writing it in this post

Of which is a reply to my secondary issue. Thanks for the reply but I was leaning more towards asking to save face and post less... a lot less. Not for my benefit but yours. People here do not like that.

And they do not like OT much and for that I apologize guys but I think you might understand if you read his stuff.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

[hide=Gf bank]
gfbank.png

not me

ahahahaa

[/hide]

I wonder what the drop was.

lol everything in the inventory you see

That would be so easy to fake. :|

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

Those this update hits most are those who PK hardcore, those who were the REAL skilled Pkers.

I disagree. If you're referring the people who people who relied on lucky AGS and claw specs to KO as "true PKers", then you are sadly mistaken.

If anything, this benefits the true hardcore PKers. I would think that above anyone they would be less inclined to die, and would be happy that their targets are now risking everything.

yep, we're back to the glory days of cooking gaunts and dragon longswords 8-)

Curious whats OT stands for?? #-o

Seriously? For [bleep]'s sake. That is the thing you respond to? You make me suicidal both for your stupidity and generally annoying attitude.

lol sorry for not knowing all the forum's acroynoms

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

wondering what they're going to do with smite now? :wall:

Seriously? For [bleep]'s sake. That is the thing you respond to? You make me suicidal both for your stupidity and generally annoying attitude.

pretty general acronym lol

kk if i knew why would i ask, im not [developmentally delayed]ed to ask for something that i already know. It would have taken you one post to tell me or even a pm, way less then what it is taking now

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

/continue quote train of not answering his question

Personally, this update made me laugh. Other than that, I'm not really bothered. In my own little cocoon, I care little about PVP and only slightly more about tricking.

/return to EQ2

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

[hide=]

Lol @ AGS and claws.

lol i feel bad about people who couldnt sell it in time

OT

I see that you have a significant post count and so calling you out may be pointless but you, through your posts in this thread and others that I have seen, offer very little to discussion. Your posts are often one sentence that does not develop any thoughts nor offer other tif-ers anything of substance to talk about. In a nutshell lurk more.

Additionally the conversation that you have spurned has been questioning how much gold you have and how you got it. This of course have received no responses from you. So if you would please give us some insight into how a 103 can afford such extravigant items with less than respectable levels in any stats.

As to the update - I am a diy player and not a pvp-er. Honestly the pvp updates have left me very jaded. I wish some beneficial content would be added. And no game tools are not what I am alluding to.

lol its called having a a friend giving you white partyhat before the update of trade limit came and i couldnt return it. Thus used it as my source of money, hence answering your question. I have pmed the people who asked me this instead of writing it in this post

Of which is a reply to my secondary issue. Thanks for the reply but I was leaning more towards asking to save face and post less... a lot less. Not for my benefit but yours. People here do not like that.

And they do not like OT much and for that I apologize guys but I think you might understand if you read his stuff.

[/hide]

honestly, did you really have to ask that? if you don't know an abbreviation, you'll eventually figure it out. its not that hard.

kk if i knew why would i ask, im not [developmentally delayed] to ask for something that i already know. It would have taken you one post to tell me or even a pm, way less then what it is taking now

http://www.google.com

kk if i knew why would i ask, im not [developmentally delayed] to ask for something that i already know. It would have taken you one post to tell me or even a pm, way less then what it is taking now

But you are [developmentally delayed]ed to not see the what everyone is saying. You're paying attention to the wrong part of their posts in an attempt to deny the inevitable realization that you CONTRIBUTE NOTHING WITH YOUR COMPLETELY USELESS POSTS THAT YOU USE TO GENERATE "RESPECT" FOR YOUR POST COUNT. The emphasis was completely needed because of the apparent fact that you somehow cannot see this in everyone's posts that are aimed at you, be it for just stupidity or as a really bad coping mechanism.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Take it easy friend. I understand the fruastration but it is a common mistake of new tif-ers. He will learn.

And OT is off-topic, used in reference to things that do not belong in the thread it is found which... is nearly eveything you post. Just slow down a bit.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Take it easy friend. I understand the fruastration but it is a common mistake of new tif-ers. He will learn.

That wasn't my problem with his post. I can understand that completely. But he completely ignored the statement said by the other fellow. The one being basically that he is a horrible poster.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.