New Icon Discussion [BIG UPDATES]

CampbellMC

EDIT: New picture leaked of the icon:

musicinterface1a.jpg

If you go to the brazilian flag, and go into the knowledge base, find interface pictures and open them up, you can change the link to see 3 different versions of the interface. You edit the last letter before the .jpg

'c' at the end gives the current icons.

'b' at the end gives updated icons.

'a' at the end gives update icons + new icon.

EDIT: With pictures that you open at first, if it already has a 'b', then there will be no way to see the new icon, putting in an 'a' instead will show the updated icons though.

I will be looking through some pictures and post them if I find anymore.

I am hiding my previous ideas, they are no longer valid seeing as it is a signpost, not a lightbulb.

[hide=My Ideas if it had have been a lightbulb

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think I was the first to post mentioning that whilst the icon DOES look like a lightbulb, it could be symbolic for thinking/ideas/invention. I doubt that the time of day would warrant a tab when Jagex were saying that things only get a tab if they're really needed - hence the moving of summoning to the minimap. I think that if they were to implement a date/time system it would be next to the minimap.

I'm thinking along the lines of invention skill.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Well I think I was the first to post mentioning that whilst the icon DOES look like a lightbulb, it could be symbolic for thinking/ideas/invention. I doubt that the time of day would warrant a tab when Jagex were saying that things only get a tab if they're really needed - hence the moving of summoning to the minimap. I think that if they were to implement a date/time system it would be next to the minimap.

True. I can't see time getting its own tab, that would be a waste of valuable space, and really wouldn't justify knocking summoning, a far more useful tab, off the menu.

Does anyone remember when Jagex said that they had an idea that almost became its own game, but was to be incorporated as a "feature" into Runescape instead? Could this be that feature? If summoning doesn't warrant it's own space, I can't see an inventing skill doing the same.

Don't forget Jagex removed summoning partially because it's not used "all the time". I can't see any other skill fitting the bill under those requirements to get its own tab, obviously sans a skill similar to magic or prayer.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Invention? You could only invent the same things as everyone else. There would be a set list of items that could be "invented" which would not allow for any originality, which is all that inventing is. Summoning did warrant a tab, much more than Achievement Diaries did (especially since they do not plan on making another Diary till January next year). A lighting tab, including a clock, calendar and other things would definitly warrant a tab, and would make more sense to be down below rather than beside the minimap (which is currently reserved for combat related icons).

imo i think its nothing for us. Think about it, the windmill that they showed us is not even out with its animation and im thinking that the chat bubble or lightblub is just for j-mode to communicate among themselves. I could be proven wrong in future but we have to wait and see.

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

I definitely thinks it's not anything to do with Inventing etc. Jagex have been listening to players over the years, and I'm sure inventing wasn't mentioned a lot. However, the mention of time/days has always cropped up. Perhaps the tweet from RSDev could be pure coincident, but is more encouraging with this idea. On the other hand, the icon isn't symmetrical, and a bit elliptical, this could be just Jagex's latest trend with the UI icons, or could be linked to Clans and Clan Chat; not sure what would need its own tab though in this case.

Voicechat - move towards older audience, but unlikely ;) Maybe it's an IRC network?!

I also think that Achievement Diaries did not need their own tab...especially since it nudges the Inventory tab slightly to the right in Low Detail.

OH ME GOD SAILING IS COMING =D+D=D

jk.

I hope it's something with night and day runescape :D

i would say day n night ( lol this reminds of this song

) anyways i think its not day n night controll because it would be more complicated that way having players controll it. As fas as i know jagex wants to keep the script simple and the way i see the day n night feature is to be controlled by the game like in SRO

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

it looks identical to a speech bubble. i'm guessing this has to do something with the clan chat feature.

VOICE CHAT!

omg i havent thought of this, voice chat would be amazing. What if they are adding vent into it. This would be some update. Could also be vent for clan chat.

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

i for one highly doubt that it will be night/day. i think it will be along the lines of a customization skill in runescape. it fits the criteria for the lightbulb and also for what they said has never been done before.

Y_Z.png

It does look like a speech bubble to me also.... but I question the amount of lag that voice-chat would create. Not to mention that jagex is very high on account security and censoring things, which a voice-chat would be a work around. You could talk as you want, including saying all of the **** words, so I don't think that's happening..

But who knows.

Could it be a singing/music skill? lol

KingJD36.png

I actually think it kind of looks like a hand mirror. Maybe a tab for customizing your looks/armor? To a more extent than when you start the game though. Spore, anyone?

I do like the idea about a global timezone for runescape itself, but has anyone else thought about runescape being split into more than one zone? It may not be big enough, but it would be cool if could be implemented.

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

Idea 1:

The new tab would include things such as season, calendar, time, light setting, all based on a Glienor's position in the world (would most likely be the same as GMT). This would ensure that everyone would see night at the same time, and there would be a common clock for runescape (E.g. Meet me at fally at 7:15 RST (Runescape Time)). The time and light setting would not effect gameplay, just the graphics. This would be a purely graphical update.

Ooh and certain monsters and items would only appear at certain times, seasons, or days of the week. Not going to happen, but that would be cool.

lalalasig2.png

Idea 1:

The new tab would include things such as season, calendar, time, light setting, all based on a Glienor's position in the world (would most likely be the same as GMT). This would ensure that everyone would see night at the same time, and there would be a common clock for runescape (E.g. Meet me at fally at 7:15 RST (Runescape Time)). The time and light setting would not effect gameplay, just the graphics. This would be a purely graphical update.

Ooh and certain monsters and items would only appear at certain times, seasons, or days of the week. Not going to happen, but that would be cool.

I can already imagine the floods of people who are eager to fight these monsters during these times...

priest_wiz.png

It would be a huge waste just to put a simple counter in a tab.

I could see a time button put in between the map, and compos, but a tab just for a clock?

That would be a very sad waste of the Summoning tab.

On a side note: How the hell will day, and night work in SD?

Prism_Swords.png

I personally like the idea of a standardized clock for Runescape. It would make some things a lot easier, in my opinion. I kind of hope it is that.

Idea 1:

That truly would be cool.

On a side note: How the hell will day, and night work in SD?

It gets darker during night, maybe? And some street lamps come on and things of that nature. It is doable, but wouldn't be noticed AS MUCH.