'Armadyl?'

Laura

arm-a-dill is how I pronounce it :?

EDIT: not 'a' as how you pronounce 'a' cow but different, a in English is differently pronounced as a in Dutch, I mean the dutch version.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

arm-a-dill

Nothing to it. Just the way it's spelled.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

arr - mah - dill - does it matter how it's said? Surely you would only be typing it?
Yes, I was just curious because I was thinking of three different ways to say it. :-k Not that I would be actually saying it.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

arm-a-dyll is how i do why are you guys said dill?

You're not telling us how you pronounce it.. You're just telling us how you separate the words into syllables.

That's why we use real words like "arm", "a", and "dill" to replace the sounds of the syllables.

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

You're not telling us how you pronounce it.. You're just telling us how you separate the words into syllables.

That's why we use real words like "arm", "a", and "dill" to replace the sounds of the syllables.

Ugh im not very good at english but it sounds like you guys are saying the last part with an "i" sound when i say it with a "y" sound.

The dyll is like dill.

So, ar-ma-dill

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

Ugh im not very good at english but it sounds like you guys are saying the last part with an "i" sound when i say it with a "y" sound.

Right.

Arm-a-dill.

The "y" in dyll is pronounced like an "i" - thus the "dill". It's not pronounced "deal" or "dial". It's "dill".

Armadillo without the 'o' :thumbup:

edit, for extra effect:

arm (as in your those things coming out from your shoulders)

uh (as in when you're at a loss of words)

dill (as in the kind of pickle... or that character that marked end of the golden age of nickelodeon)

77yLQy8.png

Right.

Arm-a-dill.

The "y" in dyll is pronounced like an "i" - thus the "dill". It's not pronounced "deal" or "dial". It's "dill".

I'm so confused.

Armadillo without the 'o' :thumbup:

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

well tbh when you think about it the word Armadyl is most likely derived from the word Armadillo. And since you don't prenounce it Arm - Ah - Dilo i would have to say that the correct way to prenounce Armadyl would be Arm-Ah-Dil. Just a thought.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

well tbh when you think about it the word Armadyl is most likely derived from the word Armadillo. And since you don't prenounce it Arm - Ah - Dilo i would have to say that the correct way to prenounce Armadyl would be Arm-Ah-Dil. Just a thought.

God of justice who controls bird like creatures =/= Shelled marsupial.

2Xeo5.png

We must remember this is just a game. Bunyip for example is a aborigany mytholgical creature but it looks nothing like it does in RS. We must always remember, RS is a game with many ideas from the real world. Did i put that simple enough for you?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

We must remember this is just a game. Bunyip for example is a aborigany mytholgical creature but it looks nothing like it does in RS. We must always remember, RS is a game with many ideas from the real world. Did i put that simple enough for you?

I know what the bunyip is in the stories, and its not entirely different.

Bunyip in stories - Monster that lives in a lake, has some fish-like features.

Bunyip in Runescape - Fish like monster.

Also, theres no need to be patronising to me after you got a major beatdown on a certain other thread.

Edit: How does one prenounce Guthix?

I think its guh-fix, but I have never really looked into it.

2Xeo5.png