The Last Airbender

Maze

Anybody else a bit pumped for this movie? I really loved the show in my younger days, and when I saw the previews at Transformers 2 I was really suprised.

I just hope the movie is just above average. I don't expect an amazing movie that will blow me away, but I don't want a garbage film either.

This movie will come out next summer (according to the teaser). It will be based on the first season of the cartoon series.

Teaser:

[yt]e0ZjjMBXMpk[/yt]

When I saw the trailer in theaters with a friend, and it was the dude in between the candles spinning the thing, I thought it was going to be a joke for some comedy movie. :wall:

Like he'd take off the hood and it'd be Will Ferrell in some slapstick comedy.

Yeah.

Probably wont be great, I wont be seeing it anyway.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I really loved the show in my younger days.

Younger days ?

It came out like 3 years ago. How much younger can one get ?!

Anway, the bald kid in the trailer looks funny. As in I don't expect him to keep the film on an equal level with the series.

Personally I loved the whole series.

Will be seeing it sometime later.

Wonder who will be casted for Sokka.

Trailer wasn't very impressive for me. Blowing out candles, really?

It's a teaser, it's not supposed to reveal much except tell you that the movie is coming.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938283/

Looking at the cast for the movie...I'm also not too happy.

Noah Ringer as Aang? Cliff Curtis as the fire lord? Dev Patel as Suko? Nicola Peltz as Katara? Jackson Rathbone as Sokka? I'm sorry, but for a cartoon of Asian influence it's lack of a good Asian cast members to make it realistic is sad.

I see a site has been posted up to argue it and they've received a statement.

Its been a huge disappointment to hear about the casting for Avatars live-action movie. The show was heavily influenced by Asian culture, some of the characters were even modeled after Asian members of the crew. But now, with the pre-dominantly white cast, it feels like all the Asian/Eastern influences, origins, what have you, were just a backdrop for these characters. But I always believed they were Asian, or even mixed Asian. And that belief added a little extra pride in working on such a great show. The appreciation Mike & Bryan had for Asian culture, the interest it generated in the fans, gave ME greater appreciation for my own culture.

So its just hard to believe they couldnt find one Asian actor to hold any of the lead protagonist parts. Not one? This film is going to feel like some other Avatar story.

- Dao Le, Animatic Editor, Avatar: The Last Airbender

http://www.racebending.com/v2/category/ ... tatements/

*Avatar's Asian Quick-Reference Archives*

*doesn't get what the hell Hollywood is doing*

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938283/

Looking at the cast for the movie...I'm also not too happy.

Noah Ringer as Aang? Cliff Curtis as the fire lord? Dev Patel as Suko? Nicola Peltz as Katara? Jackson Rathbone as Sokka? I'm sorry, but for a cartoon of Asian influence it's lack of a good Asian cast members to make it realistic is sad.

I see a site has been posted up to argue it and they've received a statement.

Its been a huge disappointment to hear about the casting for Avatars live-action movie. The show was heavily influenced by Asian culture, some of the characters were even modeled after Asian members of the crew. But now, with the pre-dominantly white cast, it feels like all the Asian/Eastern influences, origins, what have you, were just a backdrop for these characters. But I always believed they were Asian, or even mixed Asian. And that belief added a little extra pride in working on such a great show. The appreciation Mike & Bryan had for Asian culture, the interest it generated in the fans, gave ME greater appreciation for my own culture.

So its just hard to believe they couldnt find one Asian actor to hold any of the lead protagonist parts. Not one? This film is going to feel like some other Avatar story.

- Dao Le, Animatic Editor, Avatar: The Last Airbender

http://www.racebending.com/v2/category/ ... tatements/

*Avatar's Asian Quick-Reference Archives*

*doesn't get what the hell Hollywood is doing*

I also got a bit skeptical after looking through the cast. Blame M. Night Shyamalan. :lol:

Aang was white in the cartoon.

LOVE the show.

Movie, I'm skeptical. I don't need to explain why.

Oh, and Aang doesn't look like he's doing martial arts in the trailer... whereas in the show they studied four different forms for each element and translated it into the show...

(See seconds 13 to 17 in the trailer)

Aang was white in the cartoon.

Isn't everyone white in every anime?

Kanamé Tosen in Bleach is the only black anime character that I know of.

OT: I think it would be better if they did it with dreamworks or something, as live-action seems like a no-no for anime in a movie.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

as live-action seems like a no-no for anime in a movie.

Yeah, look at the live-action for Death Note (Japanese did the movie, but it was low-budgeted to hell). Then look at the DBZ live-action. It was nothing like the series.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

OHHH that's supposed to be live-action? Jesus Christ, Aang looked like 3D-animation special effects... I have a problem with live action films that look more 3D animation. Pick one damnit. :lol:

But yeah, I guess M. Night-Whatshisshammyname isn't a good director from the posts...I hope they don't butcher this show; I never actively watched it, but I LOVED the North Pole episode.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg