Prayer update, is it around the corner?

joker2022

How about range and mage versions of chivalry and piety?

25% defense increase and 23% range increase.

25% defense increase and 23% mage increase.

And wouldn't a crop prayer be more suited to a spell? Cast it on the patch to have less chance of disease/more crop yield?

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And wouldn't a crop prayer be more suited to a spell? Cast it on the patch to have less chance of disease/more crop yield?

It is a spell. Lunar magicks has a supercompost spell and a plant cure spell.

It is a spell. Lunar magicks has a supercompost spell and a plant cure spell.

Good point, i'd forgotten about those. But a range and mage version of piety would still be nice.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

i could go for some skilling prayers personally, i mean it's not like people only prayed for battle. even today the only time most people pray is to bless food :? .

we allredy have a prayer book against pestilence and disease (prayer book from grate brain robery) so its no strech to think about cureing plant disease, maybe evan a way to pray to the plant to give grater harvests, rannaw farming might just got a lot more profitable, and the extra herbs would lower the price(slightly at least) and make herbalore cost less to train.

but if prayer was made to efect farming wouldent it also have to help other skills two? and i cant think of many skills it could help without looking like jagex is trying to hard to think of ideas.

fishing, blessed fishing bait?

mineing, blessed pickaxe?

agility, err, umm, agility course of saradomin?! :|

although firemakieng could somewat work if you do something like burn logs or cremate bones for zamorak in some new prayer skilling/quest/minigame.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

You never know with JaGEx :P

Although I think skilling prayers would be quite useful. They could do it a bit like with Magic and have seperate prayer books. :o

Skilling prayers would rock. I definately wouldn't mind anything to make mining easier. God, mining is so slow....

You never know with JaGEx :P

Although I think skilling prayers would be quite useful. They could do it a bit like with Magic and have seperate prayer books. :o

Skilling prayers would rock. I definately wouldn't mind anything to make mining easier. God, mining is so slow....

Pun intended? ;)

Yes, mining is a pain, only reason it isn't as low as my others is 'cause it is a F2P skill and I mined a lot of Adamantite ores

Spaz4010.png

From the last Q&A we had with the CEO, he hinted at a prayer update to be released this year.

I think there has been a lot of speculation on the sailing update, that I think we forget the update may be prayer soon.

What do you all think. Let's discuss this.

Sailing is one big joke, you know that right?

As for a prayer update; I don't really think we need one. Prayer is good the way it is now.

I love the idea of sailing, if only because it's a such a departure, in my opinion from other skills. But I know it'll never happen.

Yea, they really do need to make higher level objects in skills like Prayer, RC (souls :pray: ), Herb, and Fish. Though most will never come. Man, I'd love for the Dwarf quest to make the soul altar come out, but that will never happen.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Why not, at the end of knight waves, you can choose which stat the prayers could compliment? And if you want to cgange you could just go talk to king arthur?

It might as well affect all 3 skills as it is, since you can only fight using one of them at once anyways...

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

I really really hope the quick-pray and offer-x bones weren't the only prayer update they have planned, when the skill ends at level 70, there is something wrong :wall:

After a certain level, the only motivation to train is the stupid cape, no skill should be like that =\

Have you smithed recently? Its pretty much USELESS (for the most part). At least with prayer you get more prayer points to help you last longer. Anyways, It doesnt really make much sense to have skilling prayers. Why would the gods give a cabbage about your ores? Crops I can understand, but we already have lunar magicks.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

I really really hope the quick-pray and offer-x bones weren't the only prayer update they have planned, when the skill ends at level 70, there is something wrong :wall:

After a certain level, the only motivation to train is the stupid cape, no skill should be like that =\

Have you smithed recently? Its pretty much USELESS (for the most part). At least with prayer you get more prayer points to help you last longer. Anyways, It doesnt really make much sense to have skilling prayers. Why would the gods give a cabbage about your ores? Crops I can understand, but we already have lunar magicks.

I do agree smithing is useless and needs updates asap, but this thread is not about smithing is it?

More prayer levels do last longer, but, really with 1m xp you already have all prayers and the skill max out at 13m xp =\

At lvl 91, is it really worth it to get twice the xp you got already just for prayer lasting 8 pray levels longer and the stupid cape? >.<

In a game where half the work in a skill is from 91-99, half the content should be in 91-99 >:o

Ok, maybe not half the content, but a lot of content at least.

I agreed with no-skilling prayer though, i would like thoose, but why the hell would the gods care if your mining quickly or not? They want you to fight in their name, not skill!

Wish there was a stronger version of smite and a range/mage version of piety :pray:

I still think invisibility would be cool.

Imagine using it in bounty hunter! or pvp worlds. Not being able to attack when invisible of course, but then being able to appear and spec someone with d claws!

Am i the only one who hates the idea of invisibility? :shock:

Protect two items, a stronger version of smite,and a "piety" for range and mage are the only prayers i can think of :wall:

I still think invisibility would be cool.

Imagine using it in bounty hunter! or pvp worlds. Not being able to attack when invisible of course, but then being able to appear and spec someone with d claws!

Am i the only one who hates the idea of invisibility? :shock:

Protect two items, a stronger version of smite,and a "piety" for range and mage are the only prayers i can think of :wall:

sounds like an awesome idea but i could see so many opportunities for abuse, both legally and illegally.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

• 3 months later...

This thread is now about future prayers beyond the recently released ones.

For teh lulz, of course.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

told you so.

My reference of the word "soon" isnt 5 months. :P

Actually it was 4. :mrgreen:

Right, I was thinking wrong. :unsure:

We need a prayer that can be cast on a player/monster and holds them for 20 seconds with an ice cube appearing on them.