Prayer update, is it around the corner?

joker2022

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can be so fun about sailing? Have you played wind waker? the sailing part isnt fun

It wasn't boring either.

But anyways, straying offtopic.

I would love a big update to prayer, but I can't really see where they could go with it.

2Xeo5.png

I really hope I can get 2k total before a new skill comes out, getting those sort of levels doesn't feel right if your earning from easy levels from a newly released skill. This ruined my (about to be) hard earned 1700/1800 (can't remember which) total when summoning was released, it also ruined my 100cb but I'm sure this skill won't be combat oriented, (Mind my spelling for that last word, I've been off school over a month).

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

What can be so fun about sailing? Have you played wind waker? the sailing part isnt fun

Sailing was actually my favorite part of the game in Wind Waker. Well, the exploring part of it. If Jagex put sailing in the game to open up new islands, the eastern lands and just a bunch of places to explore I would be amazingly happy with it.

I'm completely neutral on the subject, and I think we should open up our minds to the possibilities it could open up.

If Jagex said "this month, we're adding the slayer skill, a skill where you kill large numbers of creatures to advance in level" what would the feedback be? Probably negative. Why on earth would we want a skill that unbelievably boring? Killing monsters to advance in level, pssssh we don't need that.

What we wouldn't know is that the drops (whip mainly) would literally revolutionize combat and yield some of the most widely used items in the game. If sailing really does come out, I think a lot of people will be eating their words.

Now, to be on topic: I hope we get another set of prayers, like the spellbooks. Maybe a prayer book for skills, we don't really need any more combat prayers.

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

an update to prayer would be nice, its a good skill but a bit to basic.

i think there might be a prayer minigame comeing, dont knowhow that would work, maybe something along the lines of sw with burying bones to help your avatar, maybe people fight for zamorak vs sara (ohhh thats an original idea for a minigame -.- ) and both teams try to please the gods more then the other.

there is a small chance we might get a new bone, something like large bone maybe 25xp each, posably we might get a prayer for keeping 2 extra items and/or 3 times hp regain rate.

another posabilety is prayers, maybe entire prayer books, (book of zamorak :pray: :pray: :pray: ) detecated to a god.

e.g. level 90 prayers called prayer of zamorak, +30%str + 30% attack,

prayer of guthix, +15% attack/str/defence,

prayer of sara, +30% defence and 3 times hp regain rate.

ect ect

thats all i can think of, for now at least.

but no mater wat we get prayer does need an update :thumbup:

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

some skilling prayers would be nice. For example, you get +2 woodcutting that stacks with potions and beaver while the prayer is activated. This I would dig.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I was thinking, prayer is only given combat usage. I know that prayer is a combat skill that raises your CB level, but so does mage and we have many, many non-combat magic spells we can use.

Is anyone else thinking Lunar prayers? 8-)

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I'm hoping for a desert treasure typish quest where you can switch the prayer book like you can switch the magic book. So maybe you can switch from the standard spell book which only has combat helping prayers to another prayer book that has skill related prayers :c

I know this wont happen lol but good idea none the less \'

I'm hoping for a desert treasure typish quest where you can switch the prayer book like you can switch the magic book. So maybe you can switch from the standard spell book which only has combat helping prayers to another prayer book that has skill related prayers :c

I know this wont happen lol but good idea none the less \'

I really like the sound of this. I read in one of the God letters ages ago (I think it was a zamorak one) that Saradomin controlled the different prayers so it would make sense for the other Gods to come out with their own versions.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

I do not want Sailing if Jagex considers such a skill now or ever. In every online game there is not many requirements to boss monsters or high level monsters.

With Sailing (It could become a great skill but leveling it would be deadly stupid) you could get levels that lets you sail to new islands.

New islands>New NPCS/Monsters

So it would force us monster killers to do a skill we do not want to do. I am sorry but it's just stupid to always go through a skill for a monster.

Quests>OK

Skills>Why?

With new islands would come new quests which would probably come with a teleport to that island...

Let your yellow mellow.

I do not want Sailing if Jagex considers such a skill now or ever. In every online game there is not many requirements to boss monsters or high level monsters.

With Sailing (It could become a great skill but leveling it would be deadly stupid) you could get levels that lets you sail to new islands.

New islands>New NPCS/Monsters

So it would force us monster killers to do a skill we do not want to do. I am sorry but it's just stupid to always go through a skill for a monster.

Quests>OK

Skills>Why?

With new islands would come new quests which would probably come with a teleport to that island...

Plus we have ports all over the map to take us wot places. With the economy the way it is, if Sailing is released, we'll have a bunch of out of work captains roaming around Port Sarim that'll have to collect unemployment and food stamps.

So no Sailing skill for the Failors. ::'

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

A high level prayer update of use might annoy me. I've left a free 99 pray on the ground, and don't care to play enough to collect for whatever high level prayer comes. It would be a tossup as to whether or not it would be worthwhile.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

From the last Q&A we had with the CEO, he hinted at a prayer update to be released this year.

I think there has been a lot of speculation on the sailing update, that I think we forget the update may be prayer soon.

What do you all think. Let's discuss this.

Yup, most definitely. I have millions invested in dragon bones too.

Price manipulation is a bad thing, please do not suggest it. ~Spooferfish

6he242p.jpg

"Be Excellent To Each Other"

Yeah I know sailing is a joke, but I think some people actually think it will happen.

Hehe, I could show a screenshot unveiling it all but I think I'll keep stum for now, don't want trouble yet :D

Wasn't 'Quick Prayers' the update...? Correct me if I'm wrong. But that was quite recent, no?

Yeah. We also had the Offer-X option added to POH altars shortly after the first Q&A, if I recall. He never did say it would be a major update.

If another prayer update comes, D bones are going to shoot up to like 4k per bone :?

Depending on the update, that is.

Yeah, absolutely it depends on the update. What if it's a new method of training prayer that people start to use instead of bones? Sure it wouyld be lame, but it would probably have the opposite effect.