10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Oldboy

[bleep]ing awesome Korean revenge film.

So crazy awesome. Damn Koreans.

5/5

Oldboy rules, and so do Korean movies. There are two other movies in the revenge trilogy (Oldboy being one of the three), the other two are Sympathy for Lady Vengeance (pretty good, some like it more than Oldboy) and Sympathy for Mr.Vengeance (I didn't like it, didn't finish it either).

Taegukgi (Brotherhood of War) is like the Korean Saving Private Ryan or something, it's quite awesome and has brutal trench battles. Dude and his little brother are in the Korean war, older bro discovers that if he performs enough crazy, suicidal, one man army missions/acts he can gain enough medals to send his brother home.

The Good, The Bad, and the Weird is just a great movie that is tons of silly fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzNnCK5cd8Q

Good thread for south korean movies here if you're interested

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3229107&pagenumber=1

I'm working through them, so far I haven't been disappointed

yes.png

Already watching The Good, The Bad, The Weird.

And my friend is already recommending me tons of awesome Korean movies, but thanks anyways.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

In the last two weeks I've seen:

127 hours:

Great film, great seeing his transition from sane to near crazy and the feel good tone at the end was nice.

Black Swan:

Went in not knowing what to expect, my god what a strange film. The finger-skin part was the worst but it started annoyingly slow. I wouldn't watch it again, but wasn't trash.

Despicable me:

Didn't expect it to be good but it was amazing. One of the best animations I've seen for a long time. Up there with some Pixar films in my opinion. It had a very cute charm.

Paul:

Another good film, much better than Hot fuzz, almost as good as Shaun of the dead.

Should hopefully be seeing Drive Angry in 3D this coming week, looking forward to it, even if it is just for Cage.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Watched despicable me earlier...thought it was interesting. Weird to see steve carell in an animated role, especially since he's done so many better non-animated ones recently (dinner for schmucks/date night).

div>

I re-watched Apocalypse Now today and it was awesome. That movie is rapidly becoming one of my all-time favorites.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Nicolas Cage's "Drive Angry" unironically owns. It was THE most fun I've had at the movies in a long time, and I usually HATE 3D (but this was FILMED for 3D, instead of it being working in later like most films). The accountant was [bleep]ing awesome, and Nicolas cage redeemed himself with this imo. Too bad it bombed, it really deserves to do a lot better than it did

yes.png

Watched Let Me In, The Hurt Locker and Fanboys recently.

Enjoyed all three movies thoroughly ... :thumbsup:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

Better.

Yes, I've seen that one too. But I prefer my films without subtitles. Strange, I know, but that's just me.

The book by John Ajvide Lindqvist is incredible and, in my opinion, neither movie touches on the subject matter raised therein -- which may be a good thing, because part of that book made my skin crawl.

Not that THAT's a bad thing -- it is a horror story, after all.

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

Paul:

Another good film, much better than Hot fuzz, almost as good as Shaun of the dead.

I would seriously consider moving to Europe just to see it. :cry:

Watched 127 Hours tonight :ohnoes: I found most of the movie to be kind of boring.. but when he cuts off his arm... :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I re-watched Apocalypse Now today and it was awesome. That movie is rapidly becoming one of my all-time favorites.

Such a great movie. We had a debate in math class about it. Some people said it was crap.

I have no idea how the hell they can think that.

Love that movie.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Such a great movie. We had a debate in math class about it. Some people said it was crap.

I have no idea how the hell they can think that.

Love that movie.

Most people aren't able to comprehend movies on any level beyond the story and music. That's how.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Rango.

Wow. Really good, absolutely hilarious.

Too bad the real humor was too far over the heads of the rest of the audience, who were mainly 5 year old and their parents.

Some really subtle humor. Had me almost in tears from laughter more than once.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Save the Green Planet!

South Korean movie about a guy who thinks his ex-boss is an alien, so he kidnaps him and keeps him hostage under his house with his equally weird girlfriend/accomplice. The guy thinks he's saving the world, but the police start looking for the guy and...well I still don't know what to think about it. It was definitely good, but it was unlike anything I've really seen before. It transitioned flawlessly through different genres, and it was an interesting experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NLbDgyMusk

Also, you can watch it all on youtube, with subs.

Castaway On The Moon

This one I'd been dying to see, and I wasn't disappointed. It's about a Korean man who jumps off a bridge to commit suicide, but fails and ends up on a deserted island. After failing to get off the island, he decides that there isn't anything for him in the city and instead lives off the land. Oh, did I mention that this deserted island is within the city limits? Hilariousness ensues, and there is a woman who lives in an apartment in the city. She hasn't left her room in...years, and she sees him through her telescope (which she only looks through at night, never during the day) and they find a way to communicate. It's funny and touching, definitely recommend it to anyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnF7cZcwPHM&feature=related

yes.png

Memories of Murder.

South Korean Drama. Pretty good.

Nowhere near as good as Oldboy or The Good, The Bad, The weird.

The ending also pissed me off a little bit.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I want to see I Saw the Devil so bad.

Too bad it only has limited theatre release.

[bleep], it looks so good.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Watched Sanctum at the cinema with friends, very good actually much better than I expected.

Jackass 3, funny as [bleep].

The Shawshank Redemption, good movie, think anybody could enjoy that.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Sympathy For Lady Vengeance.

So good. So much better than Mr. Vengeance.

Still not as good as Oldboy though.

The scene near the end with all the knives and whatnot is just so amazing.

Such a great scene.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Memories of Murder.

South Korean Drama. Pretty good.

Nowhere near as good as Oldboy or The Good, The Bad, The weird.

The ending also pissed me off a little bit.

This is next on my list of movies to watch, little disappointed you didn't think it was near as good as the other two :sad:

yes.png

Watched 127 hours a couple days ago with my father. Have to say it was better the I though it was going to be :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]