What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Starting to watch a whole bunch more movies. Starting with certain directors and series my mates (Twin brothers, crazy about movies, have TB's of 'em) have downloaded. First up was finishing off David Fincher. I've seen Fight Club, Se7en and The Social Network before. So today I watched:

Panic Room: Boring at the start, but got better towards the end.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: I liked it, but it was way too long.

I'll watch The Game and Zodiac tomorrow to finish up. Then I'll start on another, only do them in chronological order.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I watched a few this week that I haven't posted:

High Noon (1952)---Much better than I expected, sometimes the black and white westerns take some effort to get through but this one was great.

THX 1138 (1971)---Interesting, but not groundbreaking.

Dead Poets Society (1989)---One of those movies everyone has seen except me, it was pretty good.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

About to watch Thor at mightnight tonight. Not because I'm a huge fan, but just because I can.

I used to have no hope for this movie, but it got some good reviews, so I have some hope.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Saw Boogie Nights 4.5/5 Enjoyed it, I might watch more of his work.

Pulp Fiction, 5/5 Rewatch, Still loved it, still funny even the 9th time watching.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

My Bloody Valentine (remake)

Loved it. It's a good slasher movie and a good PARODY of slasher movies at the same time. Liberal use of nudity (there's a while where they do NOT hold back), tons of good kills (the gory discretion shot is rarely used) and a RIDICULOUS body count. :thumbup:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Saw Boogie Nights 4.5/5 Enjoyed it, I might watch more of his work.

Magnolia (1999)

It's like a modern Steinbeck Salinas Valley story. Great stuff if you haven't seen it.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Thor. It was okay. Basically what I expected.

3-3.5/5

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Fast Five. It was actually surprisingly good; action-packed from start to finish with some of the most exciting stunts, despite ignoring any kind of all that boring science stuff and going way over-board. It just fit the movie, you know?

They didn't try too hard to make it into a deep love story or anything, focusing mostly on the action, but despite that, the characters were lovable, you ended up really standing behind them.

All in all, good action movie.

Zodiac: I liked it, though, a bit too long for my liking.

The Game: Eh. I preferred Zodiac, personally. Cool idea, could have been done better, I think.

Chopper: Had its funny bits, I liked it.

Being John Malkovich: I didn't think much of it, bits and pieces could have been done better.

#rpgformod

Reservoir Dogs: Good fun, seemed similar-ish to Pulp Fiction, as I guessed it would, so that was awesome.

Machete: Watched most of it at school once, missed the ending, so I completed it today, was good.

Back to the Future: Seen it before, but good to see again, couldn't remember much.

Back to the Future II: Also seen before, could remember even less, but still good.

Back to the Future III: The worst of the three, but not by much, hadn't seen it before, but it was good.

Batman Begins: Should have seen it earlier. Was good.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: It was ok, nothing amazing. Pretty cool, though.

All in one day. Phew. I love lazy weekends.

#rpgformod

Sex Drive - Better than I thought it would be, but I wasn't expecting much. I mostly got it just for Katrina Bowden, but when I started watching it I had forgot that was the reason why I got it, so it was a nice surprise when she showed up.

The Invention of Lying - Also better than I thought it would be, though for this one I was expecting it to be good. So it turned out to be really good. The IMDb score doesn't reflect this though so I'm not sure what I got out of it that other people didn't, maybe it's because I am a fan of a lot of people in it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

District 9 - Pretty forgettable, the only thing I found noteworthy about it was how many of the characters in it I despised. Seriously, it must be some kind of record.

Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe - It was pretty great. But, then again, it had Bruce Campbell in it, so that's pretty much a guarantee.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Memento: The best movie I've seen in ages, loved every minute of it, now I have to see it in chronological order.

The Prestige: Eh, I didn't think too much of it.

Insomnia: I liked it, though Robin Williams is too hard for me to picture as a bad guy after Dead Poet's.

Also, that's all of Christopher Nolan's films watched. Next on the list is Quentin Tarantino.

#rpgformod

parts 1 & 2 of Planet Earth (HD) So beautiful, want my girlfriend to hang out more to just watch more of it.

Zero Day 4/5

Loved the idea of entirely found footage and it was pretty cool and didn't have to edit out the more gruesome details and it felt pretty real.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

The Kennedys (2011) - Miniseries not a movie. Amazing. I was honestly surprised by how good it was. I've not read any biographies on Jack/Jackie/Bobby/Joe or anyone so I can't speak to how historically accurate it was, but from an entertainment perspective it was awesome. Katie Holmes as Jackie Kennedy really stole the show.

Thirteen Days (2000) - Rewatched because I watched The Kennedys, but still really good.

No Strings Attached (2011) - Not a big fan of chick flicks and I hate Ashton Kutcher, but I watched it because I heard it was good and because I'm deeply in love with Natalie Portman and it was actually entertaining.

Thor (2011) - Very disappointed. Wasn't expecting much but because of my aforementioned love of Natalie Portman I watched it and raged at the end. Barely anything happened, it should have been like 30-45 minutes longer. Fffffuuuu still mad.

Fast Five (2011) - Zero expectations but after hearing that it was the 'best movie ever' several times I watched it and thought it was decent. Some good action but I probably won't be rewatching it.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

Zombies of Mass Destruction: Re-watch, still a terrible movie, but bloody hilarious with bros and ladybros.

Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky: Bloody hilarious, but it seemed to go on and on and on and on.

#rpgformod

Brick.

I enjoyed it. Although it was pretty odd.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Grindhouse - Death Proof: Worst Grindhouse I've seen so far (Only Hobo with a Shotgun to watch), too much talking, too little killing.

28 Weeks Later: Didn't pay enough attention, was kinda tired, was good, though.

Inglorious Basterds: Bit too long, but enjoyable anyway.

#rpgformod

A Serbian Film - Not much to say. [bleep]ed up movie.

Black Dynamite - So good, so good. Hilariously awesome and just a fun time. 5/5

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.