11th August 2009 - RuneScape Machinima Competition

Pie Naple

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've voted on excl, although it was a though pick over the television one, jinsr and teh big mouth guy, good choices overall.

*Spoiler*: Excl has 43% of votes cast, he'll win for sure.

Excl will win, as I said on the 1st or second page of this thread lol

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Excls is very good, but it's a montage of older videos, that's why arrow gun just wins on originality for me.

It is?? :shock: I only did two quick shots from old videos (bronze dag, and the light saber), and the rest is all new. The video ideas are the most suggested video ideas (that people keep asking me to do) ... but made to show why I shouldn't do those kinds of videos. :mrgreen:

It's pretty much all original ... at least I thought. :?

As far as the other vids. JinSr's was awesome, but it was very similar to the one he did before. Arrow's was a great edit job, but I was surprised that Chizle or Ant1's didn't get voted infront of it. KKComics was hallarious! Probably the second best video. That kids going to be great with some more experience under his belt. But my fave was bumshow's ... he got my vote. :thumbsup:

Excls is very good, but it's a montage of older videos, that's why arrow gun just wins on originality for me.

It is?? :shock: I only did two quick shots from old videos (bronze dag, and the light saber), and the rest is all new. The video ideas are the most suggested video ideas (that people keep asking me to do) ... but made to show why I shouldn't do those kinds of videos. :mrgreen:

It's pretty much all original ... at least I thought. :?

As far as the other vids. JinSr's was awesome, but it was very similar to the one he did before. Arrow's was a great edit job, but I was surprised that Chizle or Ant1's didn't get voted infront of it. KKComics was hallarious! Probably the second best video. That kids going to be great with some more experience under his belt. But my fave was bumshow's ... he got my vote. :thumbsup:

I just felt it was missing something, you did have that spark in there that you usually do and the timing is right for the joke such as the JagexHQ bit which I guess MMG is probably stocking up on ice as we speak.

Your other vids are great, the powertraining and bronze dagger are the best, obviously I know you from your clan chat and i'm trying to be constructive not destructive, I'm a fan of your videos I have spoken to you in your chat I just thought arrow guns had the slight bit more.

I did enjoy the fact that you did relate to other videos such as the ending with the bronze dagger and the KBD relates to the infommercial, I watched every entry and you did come in my top 2 :P i'll confess that!

And I was monitoring the RSOF topic daily, So I did like the play on the 2 minute thing as I had trouble with that myself, even though I didn't even make the playlists!

Don't take it as destructive I don't do that, but you can look at it as bad feedback, or you can look at it the way that, you weren't at your best and you yourself have said that, but you're still beating second place by 3 to 1 right now, which is a testament to your ability really.

You may aswell get your suitcase out though and start packing ;)

And I was aware you'd post sooner or later !

i voted for Linedancing by Jinsr44, It was realy epic :shock: :)

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

i voted for Linedancing by Jinsr44, It was realy epic :shock: :)

Similar to Shystephs video in 2007, so wasn't really a fan, I think i've viewed 17000 youtube videos as I rarely watch tv :lol:

All this what i'm saying is reminding me of the episode "Simpsons did it" from south park.

I was actually thinking of doing a video called "zezima did it" and a parody of that such as trying to get a 99 and finding out zezima already did it but I thought i'd blend with level 40s then :x

A lot of good videos there, some expected names in the Top 6.

Was just wondering what's with Jagex's "How We Lolled." Lolled is always written as "lol'd" on the internet. :shock:

I am only voting for Excl if he promises to leak as many of Jagex's secrets as he can to us, and provides a detailed blueprint of Jagex HQ!

Just kidding....but seriously.

PS-> if you win, you MUST kick MMG

And kick whoever ruled me out <3

I like the way you say IF he wins, I'd bet my metaphorical house on him winning

You can do a Excl at Jagex hq vid now, of servers cutting out flight to england putting everything he buys on andrews tab (all expenses paid remember ) :thumbsup:

The poll is now up

I voted for Arrow-gun99 as it can be viewed in any language no dialogue nice story, really nice effects, well composed good use of camera angles etc.

same, it's also a lot more original etc etc. ...

Original my [wagon].

95% of his video was stolen from this.

seriously compare it (his video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98t_wihDMQY )

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

^ Agreed. At this point the chances of Excel losing are about equal to Sailing coming out in the same update as all cabbage being removed from Runescape.

Unless one of the other contestants told his voters to wait until the last second for dramitic appeal. :ohnoes:

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

The poll is now up

I voted for Arrow-gun99 as it can be viewed in any language no dialogue nice story, really nice effects, well composed good use of camera angles etc.

same, it's also a lot more original etc etc. ...

Original my [wagon].

95% of his video was stolen from this.

seriously compare it (his video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98t_wihDMQY )

Then Excls is far the more original one, go go go vote what are you waiting for

Edit - the simpsons definately did do it

I voted for the bum one. Made my laugh more.

I really dont think Excl's vid was the best but he probably win.

They might of been good but they all had alot of room for improvement. The arrow one was the second best imo. (Great that there was NO voice acting lol!) The tv one after that.

Even though excls vid was pretty boring imo his other vids are great so it be great for him to win anyway I guess.

Here's to sending Bum to Jagex. :thumbup:

Although it probably won't happen, and I am sure I'm not the only one who didn't find Excl's video really any use... But because he has subscribers already... :thumbdown: Should have been more fair. Let the people who haven't made a massive name for themselves to be put into one list and the "famous" ones into another. And send both of them to Jagex..

RIP Michaelangelopolous

My Take on it all:

Momma - one i saw around 50 entrys what that on so it wasnt the best.. but I enjoyed the treadmill portion of it which gave me a chuckle.

Bum - Voice highly irritating, Effects super, but I really think that the rough voice although added to the style of the video could have been toned down a little.

Arrow_gun - now seems after watching the link by uberelite isn't anywhere near original but infact a duplicate, same music, same sound effects.

Jinsr - automatically reminded me of Shyxxxtina (Shystephs) video a year ago, although it was nicely composed.

Excls - Now to me is most original jokes delivered at right times.

#1 Excl

#2 Bum

#3 Arrow_gun

#4 Jin

#5 KKcomics

#6 Mommakitty2

So pretty much Excls is now most original so is rightfully in the lead

Biggest Misses for me.

-

- Aha creativity at it's finest, super editing well composed and nothing more to add a clear top 5 missed.

- EvilYakuza- Should have made top 5 easily HOW DIDN'T IT?

-

- Super idea, nobody else thought of this yet it was so well done!

- Mugenproductions - Really nicely editing and had a distinctive style, didn't even get a mention here, but it gave my chills

2 Others, one with almighty wizard can't find it, sounds of skilling potentially good, poorly executed.

Here's to sending Bum to Jagex. :thumbup:

Although it probably won't happen, and I am sure I'm not the only one who didn't find Excl's video really any use... But because he has subscribers already... :thumbdown: Should have been more fair. Let the people who haven't made a massive name for themselves to be put into one list and the "famous" ones into another. And send both of them to Jagex..

The reason Excl has a following is because he makes good videos, sort of makes it unfair not to let him, but I can see what you're saying.

This video is probably better than the JaGex RuneScape trailer:

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

It made it to the "How we lolled" catagory, but no further.

Some really nice work.

2v8sgvs.png

The reason Excl has a following is because he makes good videos, sort of makes it unfair not to let him, but I can see what you're saying.

Yes I agree there, you don't get renowned from sending off coupons from cereal boxes.

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

Some really nice work.

WOW! That was probably the best one I have seen. Not really what the contest was aimed at (it was more aimed at comedy) but it was fantastic. I really think that Jagex should use this as a Runescape trailer. WOW!

Off Topic -> 0:20 = Proof of sailing!

Jinsr44's is my favourite by a long shot - also consider it the most original and vibrant.

Unfortunately, as predicted, this all boils down to a popularity contest, so the person with the most Youtube subscribers (Excl) will win it. Not bashing him, its a good video, but it should at least be much closer because his video isnt out of this world.

Some really nice work.

WOW! That was probably the best one I have seen. Not really what the contest was aimed at (it was more aimed at comedy) but it was fantastic. I really think that Jagex should use this as a Runescape trailer. WOW!

Off Topic -> 0:20 = Proof of sailing!

It certainly is impressive but I prefer the ones made by Jagex, he's really brought out the colour and done a nice job with panning, but for me as a potential player I'd want to see more of what the game has to offer :P

Yes I agree there, you don't get renowned from sending off coupons from cereal boxes.

I don't get it. :oops:

2v8sgvs.png

Some really nice work.

Wow, the was well done. :thumbup: