The choice to choose a race in Runescape

Dire_Wolf

I don't think all the work put into making us be different races would be worth it although if we ever could be different races i would probably just stick with human or maybe become a gnome.

elapid66.png

99 range 6.12.09 / quest cape 8.16.09 / 99 construction 2.17.10

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just cant see it happening as you'd have to rewrite alot of conversations based on race. On top of that there would be a need to create new models for all weapons armour and animations if you introduce Non-human races as ork and dwarf. If you dont make it runescape 3, and totally rebalance the whole game, i cant see it happening.

Either Human or Elf, I can't stand looking at things that are not human.

And if JaGeX made this update, we would start reading...

'wtf jagex overpowered ffs u ruined the game i quit'

'wtf???? not fair bring back old rs'

'new races? clearly sailing!'

'L0L wowscape or something [cabbage]?'

Yeah...We're good the way we are

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I wouldn't be too happy with the idea. The thing I like about RuneScape is that everyone starts out on equal footing (what happens from there is up to you), but with games that do offer race/class selection, you'll find that all races have advantages & weaknesses.

Unless choosing a race was purely cosmetic (& perhaps a different respawn location for each race), I think it would throw things off balance.

And as someone mentioned before, story lines in quests & lores also restrict what/where your character of a certain race could do, wear, BE etc...

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

The simple fact of the matter is while classes, if overhauled, would be wonderful visually, it'd be most irritating to have the special abilities.

I myself tend to be an obsessive/compulsive perfectionist, and try to get everything to its best. The best armor I can find, the holy wrench to maximize prayer potions, etc. I would really hate to have to pay a sum of gold to change my class just so I can go pking. (And I would, an added max of 2 for a werewolf could mean the difference between a failed or succeeded bh rush.) or swap to a dwarf just so I can smith something. Even if that wasn't an option, I have not the time nor the patience to train 5 seperate characters.

I'm among the group who would consider the concept intruiging, but those kinds of effects would really send me for a loop.