200M in all Skills

Makilio

sad how you would take 30b+ in donations from people who supported you to 5b xp, then do the buyables and burn out on 2 easy skills and waste all the gp that other people worked for. without those donaters you wouldnt even be 4b xp

You can't blame Suomi for that. Nobody forced them to donate anything. It's called "donating" for a reason.

Nobody is forced to donate to charities but if the charities didn't do what they promised to do everyone would flip their shit. And rightfully so.

You're comparing apples to oranges here. Suomi is not a charitable organization.

He held a responsibility for claiming all the donations. People donated to him because they wanted him to get 5b xp, and not to give up in the middle of the journey.

He has no responsibility to honor those donations. An obligation? Maybe. But a responsibility? Definitely not.

It's like Donating to Red Cross: The reason for the donation is to make the poor people happy, to give them food etc. But what would you then think when the Red Cross suddenly decides not to help the poor people and quit?

You're comparing apples to oranges here. Not to mention the reason people donate to charities is a selfish reason: donating to charities makes people feel better (or less bad) about themselves. But that's another discussion.

• Like 4

77yLQy8.png

sad how you would take 30b+ in donations from people who supported you to 5b xp, then do the buyables and burn out on 2 easy skills and waste all the gp that other people worked for. without those donaters you wouldnt even be 4b xp

You can't blame Suomi for that. Nobody forced them to donate anything. It's called "donating" for a reason.

He held a responsibility for claiming all the donations. People donated to him because they wanted him to get 5b xp, and not to give up in the middle of the journey.

It's like Donating to Red Cross: The reason for the donation is to make the poor people happy, to give them food etc. But what would you then think when the Red Cross suddenly decides not to help the poor people and quit?

I would think that they did a hell of a good job while they worked towards their goal, and that what they achieved not be criticized because they choose not to do it anymore.

It's upsetting and really disrespectful that you're actually complaining about this.

• Like 6
Taylor.png

Nobody is forced to donate to charities but if the charities didn't do what they promised to do everyone would flip their shit. And rightfully so.

You're comparing apples to oranges here. Suomi is not a charitable organization.

He has no responsibility to honor those donations. An obligation? Maybe. But a responsibility? Definitely not.

You're comparing apples to oranges here. Not to mention the reason people donate to charities is a selfish reason: donating to charities makes people feel better (or less bad) about themselves. But that's another discussion.

He doesn't have to be a charitable organization, the same concept applies.

Everything is done for a selfish reason, donating to SUOMI is no different than donating to another charity. People do it because they care about the end result or the cause. Sure people donate so they feel better about themselves but that's pretty much the motive behind everything, and donating to SUOMI is no different, they do it because they want to be part of the first players journey to 5bil xp.

Everything is done for a selfish reason, donating to SUOMI is no different than donating to another charity. People do it because they care about the end result or the cause. Sure people donate so they feel better about themselves but that's pretty much the motive behind everything, and donating to SUOMI is no different, they do it because they want to be part of the first players journey to 5bil xp.

Glad you realize that everything is done for a selfish reason. Surely now you also realize that it's irrational to be upset with Suomi, then?

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Glad you realize that everything is done for a selfish reason. Surely now you also realize that it's irrational to be upset with Suomi, then?

What? That doesn't follow at all.

People donate because they have a personal investment in SUOMI, therefore r mad when investment doesn't work out. How is that irrational?

Because it's not an investment. That money's gone once it's been donated.

An emotional investment.

People donate for selfish reasons.

Selfish reason is they want to be part of the first player journey to 5bil xp.

Journey fails, therefore personal investment fails.

OR I donate irl gps to a charity because I want african kids to have schools, because I want to feel like I've helped african children out. Charity doesn't build school, I don't get to feel good about myself.

An emotional investment.

OR I donate irl gps to a charity because I want african kids to have schools, because I want to feel like I've helped african children out. Charity doesn't build school, I don't get to feel good about myself.

You didnt specify any sort of payback guarantee. Now run along now.

If you paid for a charity to support african kids and they spend 80% of the money on non donation related stuff (which they legally can) you wont get any sort of refund

And that's a "risk" you have to be willing to make by giving away your money. And you can't be rationally upset for losing on a risk that you willingly chose to make.

I'm sorry but it it's irrational to be upset about something like this what is it rational to be upset about? Seriously this would be my text book definition of something to be upset about, you invested yourself emotionally in something you assumed to be a safe, rewarding investment, and it let you down.

On a side note, I didn't donate to SUOMI and I don't really care if he quits, he has every right to, but it's definitely a rational response to be disappointed if you're one of the people who donated to hm.

An emotional investment.

You didnt specify any sort of payback guarantee. Now run along now.

If you paid for a charity to support african kids and they spend 80% of the money on non donation related stuff (which they legally can) you wont get any sort of refund

I don't expect a refund, I didn't donate anything.

And that's a "risk" you have to be willing to make by giving away your money. And you can't be rationally upset for losing on a risk that you willingly chose to make.

I'm sorry but it it's irrational to be upset about something like this what is it rational to be upset about? Seriously this would be my text book definition of something to be upset about, you invested yourself emotionally in something you assumed to be a safe, rewarding investment, and it let you down.

On a side note, I didn't donate to SUOMI and I don't really care if he quits, he has every right to, but it's definitely a rational response to be disappointed if you're one of the people who donated to hm.

Is it a natural response to feel upset? Yes. Do you have the right to act complain about being upset? No.

77yLQy8.png

You can complain about anything you want. They don't have the right to get their money back but they're definitely allowed to complain about it.

If I give the local bum $10 because he says he needs food and he ends up spending it on meth I have the right to complain to him and my mum, he won't give me the money back but I'm free to complain all I want.

You can complain about anything you want. They don't have the right to get their money back but they're definitely allowed to complain about it.

If I give the local bum $10 because he says he needs food and he ends up spending it on meth I have the right to complain to him and my mum, he won't give me the money back but I'm free to complain all I want.

Err, what's the point, then?

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I am pretty sure that I won't be getting 200M all Skills. Was going to upload video about it earlier but still need to think about it. Pretty sure though.

Main reasons: The game isn't anything like it was over 10 years ago when I started. I have no trust in Jagex anymore. I got pretty much everything and even more than I wanted from this game, it was amazing. So many great memories/moments, it was a pleasure reading this thread too long time ago. Of course it's a shame this game ended up this way but nothing I can do about it.

Also I don't wanna ruin it for other people, other people deserve a chance too to get 200M all Skills first.

This thread and RS was so much more interesting for me when I wasn't maxed yet and people didn't think I was going to be there first.

I still log in sometimes to do Farm runs when I feel like it but going to Lapland to skii soon so won't be doing those either.

Probably uploading video at some point explaining more reasons but I doubt I am going to change my mind.

But honestly it was amazing reading this thread long time ago. Thanks so much to everyone for all the support and everything, I never thought I could make it this far.

In my opinion it will be very interesting to see who will make it to 200M all Skills first if it wasn't me. Of course I will still be following RS updates and this thread like I have before.

Not going to disappear anywhere like Zarfot and many other people did when they quit. I understand why they did it though.

But honestly thank you so much, I still hope to see someone get 200M all Skills someday.

Might be hard to understand why I would stop like this when I am so close but just gotta do what feels the best for you.

Thats like counting down from 1 billion and stopping at 100 and saying counting sucks now.

You gotta be kidding me right?

Thats like counting down from 1 billion and stopping at 100 and saying counting sucks now.

This reminds me of when people get more drunk than they should, then order another drink at a bar. They finish half of that drink, and then the bar is closing. They could either throw away that drink or finish it to "justify" the money spent on it, even though finishing the drink would be a stupid decision since it would make them feel worse.

In other words: cutting his losses is the right decision if he's no longer having fun playing.

• Like 3

77yLQy8.png

This reminds me of when people get more drunk than they should, then order another drink at a bar. They finish half of that drink, and then the bar is closing. They could either throw away that drink or finish it to "justify" the money spent on it, even though finishing the drink would be a stupid decision since it would make them feel worse.

In other words: cutting his losses is the right decision if he's no longer having fun playing.

Except you don't invest 10 years on that one drink. Bad analogy ralph

I would think that they did a hell of a good job while they worked towards their goal, and that what they achieved not be criticized because they choose not to do it anymore.

It's upsetting and really disrespectful that you're actually complaining about this.

I have to admit, that the Red Cross example isn't the best one.

Your post gave me cancer.

And your post gave me cancer too. Who in the world wouldn't drink his beer to the end?

Except counting 1 number per second to a billion would take you 31 years, bad analogy ralph

(and that's assuming you can say "nine hundred ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine" in one second, so realistically it's much longer)

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Counting 1 number per second to a billion would take you 31 years, bad analogy ralph

It's a closer time investment than saying drinking at a bar. Also look at his name backwards.

I'm saying it would make sense if achieving 5B xp would actually "benefit" him in some way. Whether or not it'll benefit him is always debatable because it's very subjective. However, in Suomi's case, Suomi no longer believes it's a worthy pursuit. And you can't argue with him on that one. He's doing himself a favor by cutting his losses rather than subjecting himself to further labor.

A better analogy would've been people who are unhappily together after 10 years and refuse to break up. But no analogy will be able to convey my point perfectly, since they'll all be similar situations at best, and not equivalent situations.

Like I said, my point was that cutting his losses is the wisest decision given his circumstances.

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png