200M in all Skills

Makilio

I'm saying it would make sense if achieving 5B xp would actually "benefit" him in some way. Whether or not it'll benefit him is always debatable because it's very subjective. However, in Suomi's case, Suomi no longer believes it's a worthy pursuit. And you can't argue with him on that one. He's doing himself a favor by cutting his losses rather than subjecting himself to further labor.

A better analogy would've been people who are unhappily together after 10 years and refuse to break up. But no analogy will be able to convey my point perfectly, since they'll all be similar situations at best, and not equivalent situations.

Like I said, my point was that cutting his losses is the wisest decision given his circumstances.

Nobody said that it is bad for him. Actually, it is very good for him to quit RS, it is good for everyone to quit RS. But he quit RS in a very bad situation; Everyone wanted him to get 5b in all skills, people were even ready to donate millions of gps to him in order to achieve that goal, but then, he just quits. Everyone is upset about it, everyone was so excited about the first 5b xp, and now that dream has exploded like a bubble. And his excuse is so lame: "I cannot trust jambulex anymoar",

Suomi, try to like Jagex for a few more months please, and stop talking bullshit "I can't trust jagex anymore"; "This game isn't like it was before", stop that bullshit, you've burned out, but you don't want to admit it.

• Like 2

You're free to complain all you want, yes. But you don't deserve any sympathy.

The majority of people are against you!

I actually really hate when one person defends themselves against mutliple people because they always think they are right!

For goodness sake, people can complain about whatever they want- that's freedom of speech.

SUOMI doesn't have to respond or refund because it was a donation.

However, that won't stop people from complaing because they feel dissapointed.

Right now, Jake is struggling for cash so he won't be taking the expensive route to training. Now if SUOMI gives up most of his cash to JAKE to train, I'm sure more people will feel satisfied. SUOMI if you have no intention (it's up to you afterall) of finishing 200mil all skills (basically before 2 new skills come out), then please DONATE it towards Jake (the second highest).

4.75bil/5billion... I can't get my head around 0.25bil (250million) is ALL THAT IS LEFT. Hunter is 3/4 finished and farming is 9/10 complete. I'm really dissapointed that you have decided to say you WILL NOT be finishing of your VERY LONG journey, espeically when you are SO CLOSE.

I'm guessing Jagex is partying right about now, because the whole point of runescape (initially anyway) was for people NEVER to get all skills maxed (basically not complete the game).

I was hoping SUOMI would do all current quests/ finish achievement diary and rank himself in all minigames (well these are the fun aspects in runescape IMO) + have all skills completed (I was hoping you would do it SLOWLY but SURELY). Guess that won't be happening any time soon...

P.S=

Runescape cash is worth real life cash (E.G= Blue phat is worth $500+). Time is money afterall. So for people who have donated, they have basically given a portion of there time/effort to help SUOMI achieve 5bil.

So your argument of "apples and ornages" is invalid, because they could have (in theory) traded that cash for real life cash and donate to a real life charity (e.g red cross).

I'm saying it would make sense if achieving 5B xp would actually "benefit" him in some way. Whether or not it'll benefit him is always debatable because it's very subjective. However, in Suomi's case, Suomi no longer believes it's a worthy pursuit. And you can't argue with him on that one. He's doing himself a favor by cutting his losses rather than subjecting himself to further labor.

A better analogy would've been people who are unhappily together after 10 years and refuse to break up. But no analogy will be able to convey my point perfectly, since they'll all be similar situations at best, and not equivalent situations.

Like I said, my point was that cutting his losses is the wisest decision given his circumstances.

Nobody said that it is bad for him. Actually, it is very good for him to quit RS, it is good for everyone to quit RS. But he quit RS in a very bad situation; Everyone wanted him to get 5b in all skills, people were even ready to donate millions of gps to him in order to achieve that goal, but then, he just quits. Everyone is upset about it, everyone was so excited about the first 5b xp, and now that dream has exploded like a bubble. And his excuse is so lame: "I cannot trust jambulex anymoar",

Suomi, try to like Jagex for a few more months please, and stop talking bullshit "I can't trust jagex anymore"; "This game isn't like it was before", stop that bullshit, you've burned out, but you don't want to admit it.

Lol, it's Suomi's life. Let him live it like he wants, not how you want.

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

You're free to complain all you want, yes. But you don't deserve any sympathy.

The majority of people are against you!

I actually really hate when one person defends themselves against mutliple people because they always think they are right!

http://en.wikipedia....ntum_ad_populum

For goodness sake, people can complain about whatever they want- that's freedom of speech.

SUOMI doesn't have to respond or refund because it was a donation.

Right.

However, that won't stop people from complaing because they feel dissapointed.

Also right. And they don't deserve any sympathy.

P.S=

Runescape cash is worth real life cash (E.G= Blue phat is worth $500+). Time is money afterall. So for people who have donated, they have basically given a portion of there time/effort to help SUOMI achieve 5bil.

So your argument of "apples and ornages" is invalid, because they could have (in theory) traded that cash for real life cash and donate to a real life charity (e.g red cross).

Please tell me you don't believe this actually makes sense.

77yLQy8.png

Lol, it's Suomi's life. Let him live it like he wants, not how everyone else wants.

Now it is right :)

i donated and i'm not mad, good on suomi for doing what he likes instead of forcing himself to play a game he doesn't enjoy anymore

as for who is the most likely to get 200m all now, idk if i can see jake doing agility or mining, but you never know especially with future updates

If you chose to give away your money, then that was your decision. What Suomi does with that money is frankly none of your business, any ownership you had of it passed to him to do with as he pleases when you pressed accept.

• Like 2

Asmodean <3

[hide]

sad how you would take 30b+ in donations from people who supported you to 5b xp, then do the buyables and burn out on 2 easy skills and waste all the gp that other people worked for. without those donaters you wouldnt even be 4b xp

You can't blame Suomi for that. Nobody forced them to donate anything. It's called "donating" for a reason.

He held a responsibility for claiming all the donations. People donated to him because they wanted him to get 5b xp, and not to give up in the middle of the journey.

It's like Donating to Red Cross: The reason for the donation is to make the poor people happy, to give them food etc. But what would you then think when the Red Cross suddenly decides not to help the poor people and quit?

I would think that they did a hell of a good job while they worked towards their goal, and that what they achieved not be criticized because they choose not to do it anymore.

It's upsetting and really disrespectful that you're actually complaining about this.

I have to admit, that the Red Cross example isn't the best one.

And that's a "risk" you have to be willing to make by giving away your money. And you can't be rationally upset for losing on a risk that you willingly chose to make.

Your post gave me cancer.

Thats like counting down from 1 billion and stopping at 100 and saying counting sucks now.

You gotta be kidding me right?

This reminds me of when people get more drunk than they should, then order another drink at a bar. They finish half of that drink, and then the bar is closing. They could either throw away that drink or finish it to "justify" the money spent on it, even though finishing the drink would be a stupid decision since it would make them feel worse.

In other words: cutting his losses is the right decision if he's no longer having fun playing.

And your post gave me cancer too. Who in the world wouldn't drink his beer to the end?

[/hide]

What's with you, cancer and the red cross? :unsure:

Anyway, that's besides the point. Analogies are stupid and will always be blasphemed one way or another. Suomi already pointed out the reasons why he has quit, if you miss that, I'll point it out here:

[hide=Post]

I am pretty sure that I won't be getting 200M all Skills. Was going to upload video about it earlier but still need to think about it. Pretty sure though.

Main reasons: The game isn't anything like it was over 10 years ago when I started. I have no trust in Jagex anymore. I got pretty much everything and even more than I wanted from this game, it was amazing. So many great memories/moments, it was a pleasure reading this thread too long time ago. Of course it's a shame this game ended up this way but nothing I can do about it.

Also I don't wanna ruin it for other people, other people deserve a chance too to get 200M all Skills first.

This thread and RS was so much more interesting for me when I wasn't maxed yet and people didn't think I was going to be there first.

I still log in sometimes to do Farm runs when I feel like it but going to Lapland to skii soon so won't be doing those either.

Probably uploading video at some point explaining more reasons but I doubt I am going to change my mind.

But honestly it was amazing reading this thread long time ago. Thanks so much to everyone for all the support and everything, I never thought I could make it this far.

In my opinion it will be very interesting to see who will make it to 200M all Skills first if it wasn't me. Of course I will still be following RS updates and this thread like I have before.

Not going to disappear anywhere like Zarfot and many other people did when they quit. I understand why they did it though.

But honestly thank you so much, I still hope to see someone get 200M all Skills someday.

Might be hard to understand why I would stop like this when I am so close but just gotta do what feels the best for you.[/hide]

Whether anyone agrees or not, it's ultimately his decision for doing so, and he's already justified himself with proper reasons for doing so. You can say "that's like counting to 1b when stopping at 999,999,999 because it's too tiresome" and all sorts of analogies but it's just not the same, mostly from the perspective of the reward, personal gain and many other factors.

About the donations, yes, they are what they are - donations. Sure, as muggi already said, he has the obligation to max all stats, but not the responsibility to do so. Again, you can't compare it to any other analogies like the Red Cross, because programs like those actually contribute other parties, and there are legal aspects to the charity.

People need to see that if anything, this whole thing was Suomi's personal goal, and that whatever he decides to do in that journey was ultimately up to him, it was his life, his goals, his effort, his journey. People who decided to donate to him, just aided him in the process. Either way, whether he reached the goal or not, wouldn't affect their gameplay at all, they should already know that.

It's still impressive how he got so far, and such a big lead on the second place player. His achievement still stands, and his milestones were also unprecedented, so I don't see why people are raging that bad.

• Like 1

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

i donated and i'm not mad, good on suomi for doing what he likes instead of forcing himself to play a game he doesn't enjoy anymore

as for who is the most likely to get 200m all now, idk if i can see jake doing agility or mining, but you never know especially with future updates

Well, didn't they say that they will improve Agility? Maybe AgiSpan? And Mining will obviously be faster after the EoC.

I pretty much feel the same way as 'Auror'.

@"Muggiwhplar"

Responce to that link:

I get that fact that you have you opinion. But the way you are portraying things it's as if you are the judge for what is right or wrong. What makes you better than everybody else? You can give your views, that's perfectly fine but stop retorting to several people who don't have the same opinions as you. You can't say we are all wrong because THERE IS NO RIGHT ANSWER to begin with.

[hide]

sad how you would take 30b+ in donations from people who supported you to 5b xp, then do the buyables and burn out on 2 easy skills and waste all the gp that other people worked for. without those donaters you wouldnt even be 4b xp

You can't blame Suomi for that. Nobody forced them to donate anything. It's called "donating" for a reason.

He held a responsibility for claiming all the donations. People donated to him because they wanted him to get 5b xp, and not to give up in the middle of the journey.

It's like Donating to Red Cross: The reason for the donation is to make the poor people happy, to give them food etc. But what would you then think when the Red Cross suddenly decides not to help the poor people and quit?

I would think that they did a hell of a good job while they worked towards their goal, and that what they achieved not be criticized because they choose not to do it anymore.

It's upsetting and really disrespectful that you're actually complaining about this.

And that's a "risk" you have to be willing to make by giving away your money. And you can't be rationally upset for losing on a risk that you willingly chose to make.

Thats like counting down from 1 billion and stopping at 100 and saying counting sucks now.

This reminds me of when people get more drunk than they should, then order another drink at a bar. They finish half of that drink, and then the bar is closing. They could either throw away that drink or finish it to "justify" the money spent on it, even though finishing the drink would be a stupid decision since it would make them feel worse.

In other words: cutting his losses is the right decision if he's no longer having fun playing.

And your post gave me cancer too. Who in the world wouldn't drink his beer to the end?

[/hide]

Anyway, that's besides the point. Analogies are stupid and will always be blasphemed one way or another. Suomi already pointed out the reasons why he has quit, if you miss that, I'll point it out here:

[hide=Post]

I am pretty sure that I won't be getting 200M all Skills. Was going to upload video about it earlier but still need to think about it. Pretty sure though.

Main reasons: The game isn't anything like it was over 10 years ago when I started. I have no trust in Jagex anymore. I got pretty much everything and even more than I wanted from this game, it was amazing. So many great memories/moments, it was a pleasure reading this thread too long time ago. Of course it's a shame this game ended up this way but nothing I can do about it.

Also I don't wanna ruin it for other people, other people deserve a chance too to get 200M all Skills first.

This thread and RS was so much more interesting for me when I wasn't maxed yet and people didn't think I was going to be there first.

I still log in sometimes to do Farm runs when I feel like it but going to Lapland to skii soon so won't be doing those either.

Probably uploading video at some point explaining more reasons but I doubt I am going to change my mind.

But honestly it was amazing reading this thread long time ago. Thanks so much to everyone for all the support and everything, I never thought I could make it this far.

In my opinion it will be very interesting to see who will make it to 200M all Skills first if it wasn't me. Of course I will still be following RS updates and this thread like I have before.

Not going to disappear anywhere like Zarfot and many other people did when they quit. I understand why they did it though.

But honestly thank you so much, I still hope to see someone get 200M all Skills someday.

Might be hard to understand why I would stop like this when I am so close but just gotta do what feels the best for you.[/hide]

Whether anyone agrees or not, it's ultimately his decision for doing so, and he's already justified himself with proper reasons for doing so. You can say "that's like counting to 1b when stopping at 999,999,999 because it's too tiresome" and all sorts of analogies but it's just not the same, mostly from the perspective of the reward, personal gain and many other factors.

About the donations, yes, they are what they are - donations. Sure, as muggi already said, he has the obligation to max all stats, but not the responsibility to do so. Again, you can't compare it to any other analogies like the Red Cross, because programs like those actually contribute other parties, and there are legal aspects to the charity.

People need to see that if anything, this whole thing was Suomi's personal goal, and that whatever he decides to do in that journey was ultimately up to him, it was his life, his goals, his effort, his journey. People who decided to donate to him, just aided him in the process. Either way, whether he reached the goal or not, wouldn't affect their gameplay at all, they should already know that.

It's still impressive how he got so far, and such a big lead on the second place player. His achievement still stands, and his milestones were also unprecedented, so I don't see why people are raging that bad.

"wouldn't affect their gameplay at all, they should already know that"

LOL. If you've donated cash, then it has hindered your gameplay. You could have used that cash for YOUSELF and PROGRESS your gameplay. E.G Train prayer (which is an expensive ordeal).

@"Muggiwhplar"

Responce to that link:

I get that fact that you have you opinion. But the way you are portraying things it's as if you are the judge for what is right or wrong. What makes you better than everybody else? You can give your views, that's perfectly fine but stop retorting to several people who don't have the same opinions as you. You can't say we are all wrong because THERE IS NO RIGHT ANSWER to begin with.

I'm just saying you're being irrational, that's all :P And that just because the majority holds a belief, doesn't mean the belief is correct.

LOL. If you've donated cash, then it has hindered you gameplay. You could have used that cash for YOUSELF and PROGRESS your gameplay. E.G Train prayer (which is a expensive ordeal).

Right, and if you've donated cash and therefore hindered your gameplay, your gameplay has already been hindered regardless of how Suomi spends your money. So don't blame Suomi, blame yourself.

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

[hide]

[/hide]

[hide=Post]

LOL. If you've donated cash, then it has hindered your gameplay. You could have used that cash for YOUSELF and PROGRESS your gameplay. E.G Train prayer (which is an expensive ordeal).

EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN. If you donate, and Suomi doesn't get 200M all; if you don't donate, and Suomi gets 200M all, both scenarios won't affect your gameplay, do you understand now? :D

EDIT: Or what Muggi said.

• Like 1

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Wanna know what is impressive about his lead on the second player? Nothing. They both quit school and everything for RS, so they both had time. Both have more or less shown that they can stick to a skill/nolife (I'm sure that Jake has the dedication to do slow skills). But Suomi was the one who got the majority of the donations. Give Jake the Donations which Suomi was receiving, and he'd have put a same lead on Suomi like Suomi did on Jake.

• Like 1

@"Muggiwhplar"

Responce to that link:

I'm just saying you're being irrational, that's all :P And that just because the majority holds a belief, doesn't mean the majority is correct.

LOL. If you've donated cash, then it has hindered you gameplay. You could have used that cash for YOUSELF and PROGRESS your gameplay. E.G Train prayer (which is a expensive ordeal).

Right, and if you've donated cash and therefore hindered your gameplay, your gameplay has already been hindered regardless of how Suomi spends your money. So don't blame Suomi, blame yourself.

I didn't say the majority is correct. Irrational?

Definition (I'm using):Not in accordance with reason, utterly illogical

We/I have given a reason, and its not a illogical one.

Also people who have donated thought the money was going towards a purpose of progression (progrssion towards COMPLETING RUNESCAPE). Yes it hinders your own gameplay but surely if you've donated, then you value the progression/gameplay of SUOMI just as much.

Wanna know what is impressive about his lead on the second player? Nothing. They both quit school and everything for RS, so they both had time. Both have more or less shown that they can stick to a skill/nolife (I'm sure that Jake has the dedication to do slow skills). But Suomi was the one who got the majority of the donations. Give Jake the Donations which Suomi was receiving, and he'd have put a same lead on Suomi like Suomi did on Jake.

Maybe Jake should've asked for more donations then. Just a thought.

77yLQy8.png

Easy to put it in retrospect. :rolleyes:

Now let me comeback with another: That would never happen cause Jake can't do fishing/mining/agility without burning out.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

Easy to put it in retrospect. :rolleyes:

Now let me comeback with another: That would never happen cause Jake can't do fishing/mining/agility without burning out.

Well, let me comeback that, Suomi can't do 5b without burning out.

• Like 1

Excactly!

If SUOMI spend time money making, then hes skill training would have surely slowed down.

P.S= Nobody is asking SUMOI to go back to hardcore runescape training, but he shouldn't just give up on 200million. I thought he would get it, just at a much slower pace (as he did say on his youtube channel, he would not be quitting on it).

But we do agree it is up to him, but its just very irritating when somebody quits almost out of the blue (how many years has he spent playing and never decided to quit?), especially when he was SO CLOSE.

• Like 1

Suomi never promised to get 200m in all skills, stop complaining about it. I would really like to see someone reaching max xp, got to wait year or two more i suppose :(.

I'm pretty sure that he has said that he is going for 200m in all.

• Like 1

It's his life, and his choice, and while everyone has the right to free speech, everyone also has the right to look at someone else and call them an idiot for the way they choose to use it. Also, you don't have any such right for your free speech to be heard (or read).

I'm rather surprised that people are seriously complaining about their donations going to waste. You made that donation hoping, even expecting, him to get 5b, but you knew (or at least should have known) that for whatever reasons, he might not get there. So if you're really getting that upset over it, expect nothing more than for folks like me to laugh at you for being upset about silly things.

(Also on the note of RS gp having RL cash value - you do remember that selling gold is illegal, right? It's worth something to you, yes, but probably not in terms of cash, more in terms of the time it took to get it.)

• Like 2

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg