200M in all Skills

Makilio

So BXP has been confirmed to be a flat, non degrading 2x multiplier, and it has been confirmed to be 2x on summoning, not 1.1x. Does anyone have a large number of charms banked? A construction record through bone running seems possible too.

Asmodean <3

If everything is flat 2x, that could be a lot of records... but probably not enough to beat out effigy records for other skills...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

So BXP has been confirmed to be a flat, non degrading 2x multiplier, and it has been confirmed to be 2x on summoning, not 1.1x. Does anyone have a large number of charms banked? A construction record through bone running seems possible too.

Game-breaker. Got the charms & are capable of getting *just* 1.96M summ xp per regular hour? I'm ok with bonus-xp on all but summoning, seems really really unbalanced there.

LgEZt.png

Suomi most likely just getting farm up now and taking break from skilling so he can reach 200m hunt + theif without having to do livid or wait on a tree for his 5b xp party. Also maybe he doesn't want to do farm runs during hunter/pp trips so he can camp jadinkos or pyramid plunder for a longer time and not worry about losing his hunting spot, etc..

Fried_Chikn8.png

5b xp let's go!

Suomi most likely just getting farm up now and taking break from skilling so he can reach 200m hunt + theif without having to do livid or wait on a tree for his 5b xp party. Also maybe he doesn't want to do farm runs during hunter/pp trips so he can camp jadinkos or pyramid plunder for a longer time and not worry about losing his hunting spot, etc..

He's still gaining hunt xp though, not to mention if he were actually focusing entirely on farm he'd probably be at vinesweeper.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

He's still gaining hunt xp though, not to mention if he were actually focusing entirely on farm he'd probably be at vinesweeper.

I'm not saying he's focusing solely on farming, just that it's understandable to want to take a little break from RS and is probably doing so now so that his farming xp can catch up and he doesn't need to do vinesweeper or something after finishing hunter/theif.

Fried_Chikn8.png

5b xp let's go!

While his efforts to reach 5B total exp may have put real life 'on hold' for a bit, it might actually be a good thing to start thinking about where to go after.

Best to plan that stuff ahead, I'd say.

Also, the underlying reason might even be of a finacial nature. You know, a job and stuff.

At his age the 'sacrifice' he made for his goal is far from being 'normal', i.e. having the financial means / time to do it.

• Like 2
Vmser.png

While his efforts to reach 5B total exp may have put real life 'on hold' for a bit, it might actually be a good thing to start thinking about where to go after.

Best to plan that stuff ahead, I'd say.

Also, the underlying reason might even be of a finacial nature. You know, a job and stuff.

At his age the 'sacrifice' he made for his goal is far from being 'normal', i.e. having the financial means / time to do it.

that was why N0valyfe quit

yea i ur late teens early 20s you have to figure out what to do with your life....I thought n0valyfe quit cause he realized it would never end. Also he was relying on his family for financial support and believe me i know that that can't go on forever.

Even if you have the financial means its still a huge time investment and their is lots of things that get sacrificed when gaming hours per day.

StarViv.png

The laws of runescape.

1.Anyone with a higher level than you is a nerd

2.Anyone with a lower level than you is a noob

3.Anyone other than you and your friends is a kid even if they are older.

4.Anyone who dices rwts and shouldn't be banned untill after they rwt because its unfair to ban them before.

5.anyone who doesn't respond 6 seconds after a question is asked is a bot.

6.every update fails and will cause everyone to quit

7. sof is not a method of buying xp and never will be.

8.all skills end at 99 and anyone training past 99 should be questioned why they are training.

9.dg is a minigame

10.the only way to getting 200m in every skill is playing 15 hours a day. any less and it is near impposible to do.

11. you are not allowed to talk to jagex unless you are in the top 10.

• Like 2

I felt like sharing some of N0valyfe‘s words here, back from the time when he announced his retirement and wrote his farewell thread, since his name was brought up. I put a link to his old blog (located with The Wayback Machine) at the end of my post. Figured some might enjoy reading it or looking through the pictures at least, I know I did.

I included some hiscore screenshots of the top 21 too, from various dates, also taken from N0va‘s site.

Is this what I really want?

[hide]

8:12 PM 9/27/2006

[RS] I went to Svulle and Yogosun's dual-maxing party yesterday. I feel proud to stand among such great people.

I have 35M xp left to fletch before I reach 200M. Anyone who has tried to talk to me lately might've found me to be distant and sullen...

[Me] The last few days have been very tough on my mind, and I don't ever intend to repeat them. Instead I had to make a decision, if not for the better then at least to lift my burden. I have been given a lot of time to consider the state of things not in Runescape, but rather outside of it. Friends have called me, family has worried about me, everyone wants me to move on, and I've turned my back on them for many months, because I thought I was reaching for something greater, something I WANTED, ie, rank 1 position in Runescape and everything that goes along with filling Zezima's shoes. But is this what I really want? I had to pace back and forth for hours, I had to walk around the neighborhood, I had to sit down with friends who have lived with me for years, in order to come up with an answer. No. It isn't what I really want, not anymore, anyway. The moment I doubted my very reasons for playing was the moment I saw my now-lofty goals come tumbling down.

Thus comes my decision--I won't renew my membership after October. I must quit while I'm ahead, before I slowly play myself into a permanently scarred mental state. Things simply have to move on, and I've lost sight of the very reason I began Runescape in the first place--to win glory and self-satisfaction by piecing together the perfect character. Skill total was all I ever cared for, and I fooled myself into thinking I was fit for bigger and better collections and completions but my very nature plays contrary to that. I can't ignore it now; instead I must accept it.

So, for the next month, I'll be living out my mortality.

Source: http://web.archive.o...om/blog-yr3.php

[/hide]

N0valyfe‘s farewell letter

[hide]

Some Last Words...

As posted on Tip.it, Runevillage, and Runescape Community.

I feel obligated to write this letter to confirm and quell the rumors swirling around the top of the high scores. It's true that my membership expired on the night of November 3rd. It's also true that I retired from the high scores on October 24th. I've made no plans to renew or continue my adventures, even if it means the obvious drop in ranks and the absense of the Hunting skill appended to my character sheet.

Of all the former rank one champions in Runescape history, I must be the shortest lived, having graced the rank for less than three cumulative weeks. Whether I earned this spot or not isn't for me to answer. All I know is that my fight was not for ranks or fame. I wanted to prove to myself that it was not only possible to attain a perfect skill total, but that it could be done intelligently, efficiently, and elegantly. In short, my work here was finished months ago, but instead I chose to complete the 200M xp cooking and fletching goals. From here, I could've continued indefinitely--thieving would be next, then combat, then trade skills such as crafting, herblore, and smithing, followed by independent skills in fishing, woodcutting, and mining--but it won't end on my terms until I draw the line. Given a choice, I would rather retire here amidst sweet victory than forge onwards and let time and complacency draw the curtains.

Make no mistake, my appreciation of Runescape has not waned. If anything, it's grown a lot stronger. Ever since I acknowledged my retirement, I had the chance to examine my character, the community, the quirks and charms that make the game, and last but not least, the friends I've made, from an audience's point of view. This is Runescape. It's not the mindless repetition, or Jagex's customer service, or the addiction, or the hackers and scammers, or any of that nonsense the masses peddle out. It's the fact that Runescape exists, and as you play it, you miraculously transcend your meek existence to become an adventurer, and I was a part of it--no form of retirement can take that away.

If I could give one parting piece of advice, let Runescape remind you that life must be lived as an adventure. Every gold piece you make, every ore you mine, every monster you slay, is ultimately towards your own heart's desires--why must anything you do elsewhere be different? When your time has come, keep not the weighted burdens of hardships and pains but the priceless gems of experiences, friendships, and passions imparted by the spirit of this game. Fellow Runescapers, may your best adventures lie ahead.

Thank you all.

N0valyfe,

July 1 2004 to November 3 2006

Source: http://web.archive.o...te/epilogue.php

[/hide]

Hiscore pictures

[hide]

http://imgur.com/a/3I3bA

[/hide]

N0valyfe's Runescape Album/Blog

[hide]

http://web.archive.o...vements-yr1.php

[/hide]

• Like 4

^ Very nice. Thanks for sharing. :P.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.