Player Owned Houses - How much do you value them?

Huzzah

Hey there. I recently re-designed my poh, it was something i've been thinking about doing since before my break in 2007. I couldn't be happier even with the huge cost that came with it. Before I found myself not using my house much simply because the placement I had. None of the 'most important' rooms were near the enterence. My teleports were north and then west and up the stairs. My alter was a run all the way accross my house and the nearest rooms were the parlor, dinning room and a workshop that didn't even face my enterence.

Since the re-design I've found my house much more useful and have invested a great deal of cash adding all the things I once had over again. My teleports and chapel now face the enterance. I find myself using my poh teleport several times a day now and look forward to buying the upgraded pricey stuff as I advance construction levels (Currently 2k off 67 construction).

So my question to you is, Do you find your house useful? (Why or why not?) Do you buy the 'nice' items to show off no matter the cost or are you the player to use a cheaper downgraded version? What rooms do you find useful to have the closest to the enterence?

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

Love my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 <3:<3:<3:<3:

After 6 years of playing, maxing out your house and partying in it once in a while is a perfect way to semi-retire. ;) Been working on getting some fun armor and weapon though. :P

My house is simply a place that has many teleports. Well, when I say many I mean glory, Varrock, Falador and Camelot. And an altar near it. I don't "use" my house other than to teleport somewhere if I've not got the runes handy. I don't find any need to spend a lot of money on it.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I use my house a ton, let's see, from using the workshop to build and repair random stuff, charging prayer at my altar, reading books from my (extensive) bookshelf, to the basic teleports to places like Canifis and my glory and storing stuff in my costume room, and I'm only 60 construction.

Though if I had money to spare I would get 99 construction and completely rebuild my ideal house to top everything because it all looks so pretty, and it's fake money in an online game, so why not?

Flyingjj.png

My house only has 3 rooms: entrance, altar, and costume room.

No portals :shock:

I only teleport to my house for my farm run and training pray/con, so why waste runes on portals I'll never use? I also don't teleport often, so they'd never be worth the cost.

My house only has 3 rooms: entrance, altar, and costume room.

No portals :shock:

I only teleport to my house for my farm run and training pray/con, so why waste runes on portals I'll never use? I also don't teleport often, so they'd never be worth the cost.

ohhhh i get it, i think id go crazy without my portals :lol:

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Got a Crystal throne, 99 construction, a beautiful number of gardens, a very fun dungeon, and I had one of the greatest times on RS designing it all and building it.

Worth every cent of that 140m spent.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

My house is complete garbage, and only three rooms are actually used and have some money spent on them, which are the portal, altar, and the room with the glory. I have bedrooms and a workshop for a servant and for one of those penguin quests.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

My friends use my house to train prayer, and sometimes i open it up in w31. A guy actually got 99 prayer in my house ::'

I've spent 5m - 10m decorating my house, and another 10m or so getting the levels. And I must say it was very worth it :thumbup:

Staurolite.png

Before I begin, huge note: I have members on my noob character, not my main. XD

I might have to consider tearing my house down and starting over because it's not in the layout I had intended for it. One of the things that drives me to do this is that I want it to reflect my personality (and I'm insane about order as some of you may already know based on how you may have seen my bank organized haha). So I value it more due to how it reflects my personality, not necessarily showing off how much money I have.

I use my house a lot when I'm on lunar magic, the telly room is my favorite room. The the alter is cool as well :thumbsup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I basically only use it for the Kharyll teleport nowadays. I have an altar sure, but I've never used it (kind of addicted to Ectofungus even if it's not worth it). Occasionally I use it to host a friend or clanmate's 99 party, but otherwise I try to avoid it now. It only reminds me of all of the other cool things I could spend money I don't want to spend on it and how poor my house planning was before I got 99. :|

I've got a split between functionality and having a nice house. Plus now that rooms are movable to some extent, I can put the ones I need next to the portal now...

I also sometimes actually sit down to eat some virtual food just because it'd be a shame not to use what I paid for.

8f14270694.jpg

Got a Crystal throne, 99 construction, a beautiful number of gardens, a very fun dungeon, and I had one of the greatest times on RS designing it all and building it.

Yeah designing the house is definately fun. To me Construction is the funnest skill in the game because of that.

Yeah designing the house is definately fun. To me Construction is the funnest skill in the game because of that.

Not fun on my wallet though :ohnoes:

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

I'm really love the designing aspect of Construction. I'm going to redesign my house in a few weeks but it will cost me something like 10m and I'll spend 12m on Skeleton Thrones. I wish there was a 'move' options -.-

worth it

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

My house only exists to give me construction levels.

I have a kitchen, a parlor, a dining room, 2 bedrooms, and a dungeon for dungeon doors.

Only nine more levels until I'm done with the house forever...

NO MERCH - NO PEST CONTROL - NO SOUL WARS

Lowest combat (only sub-90) on the TIF high scores list

mr_ph3r.png

8inagility.jpg

mr_ph3r.png