2nd September 2009 - Shops, RuneTek5, Autocasting, Patches

Sentry_Wolf

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for once again not bother to reading my second line. It's an upgrade, which is fine, but I call them Upgrayedds. And like I said, it looks like a good one. I'm fine with engine upgrades. I know how necessary they are. And I *do* feel sorry for people that wanted a skill, quest, etc because this isn't what they wanted, though I like it. But hey, keep thinking whatever you want depsite anything I might say. Ya jerk.

BTW, I'm cooking swords in Lumby, when I click near the range to run there, it's making me run outside and behind the castle. :P

You're just never satisfied. Give up already.

More pineapples! \'

Anyone want to buy a master wand for me? I'll pay up when I get online this evening. <3:

I can also lend you dragon claws. ::'

Also, when I was reading the battlestave listings I read "Mod Rathe" as "Mod Wrath" a new spell. :lol:

what ever he is paying ill double it :twss: (seriously)

Oh, they're unbuyable already? :x

soon as the news post appeared they were :roll:

Nice, all investors will nearly double their cash an a rather fast-rising item. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Why have the hiscores been affected?

I think it has to do with them put some coding for the next skill into the game and then logging in would add 1 level to your account on the highscore once you logged out.

Im loving the new cursor and Mini-Map.

Only thing im missing is that they didnt update the worldwide world map or the dungeon maps.

The spellbook update is very nice. ::'

versaq.png

Quick find code: 15-16-710-59508360

Patch notes:

[hide=]The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* A graphic has been added to the timer that displays how long your gravestone will last.

* There was a rendering problem with the chatheads of various full helmet models.

* Players' feet sank through the decks of certain ships.

* A tree in Catherby was not attached to the ground.

* Various interfaces and menus have been adjusted to fit longer words in other languages.

* The Explore emote had a sporadic problem with the player's left arm.

* The musician at the west side of Varrock had an invisible chathead in certain graphics modes.

* Some railings in Keldagrim had clipping issues.

* The shading on some of our wallkits has been fixed.

* The roof of a building in south-west Varrock did not always vanish correctly when you stood under it.

* When you placed ore in the Blast Furnace, the ore's shadow would sometimes appear in the wrong place.

* The rivers of blood in the Blood Altar were the wrong colour.

* Hunter box-traps had graphical errors when they animated.

* Some doors were too tall for their buildings.

* The 'damaged armour' junk item had a dodgy arm. Apparently this was a bug, not just part of the damage.

* Female characters wearing Christmas items would levitate while resting.

* There was some a heightmap problem on Tutorial Island.

* A rope-swing on Karamja had its animation running in the wrong place.

* The crashed ship on Crandor had graphical errors with its sail.

* The inventory icons for teleportation tablets have been adjusted.

* If you read a skill guide or quest journal while watching a shooting star through a telescope, the interfaces could overlap horribly.

* The swamp bubbles in Temple Trekking / Burgh de Rott Ramble have been updated.

* The ladder to the Ourania Altar had missing polygons.

* A statue in Falador Park has had its weapon model fixed.

* Stopped your arms disappearing when wearing certain Fist of Guthix reward items.

* Improved the looks of some of the pathing around the Meiyerditch area.

* NOTE - This week's game engine update has caused numerous graphical changes throughout the game. You'll therefore encounter many things that don't look exactly how they did before the update.

Quests

* In Recipe for Disaster, prayers should be unavailable in the final boss battle. This restriction was not working reliably.

* The dragon token from Recipe for Disaster may no longer be used in certain minigames.

* There was no animation for picking Fenkenstrain's pocket.

* It was possible to use high-level logs on the Odd Old Man's boiler even if you lacked the Firemaking level to burn them normally.

* The level-up messages relating to Curse of Arrav had incorrect information about the quest's requirements.

* Firemaking no longer moves you around the ice in Myths of the White Lands.

* The lockpick interface in Kings Ransom has been adjusted to better fit the text.

* Fixed a text issue in the While Guthix Sleeps quest.

* Adjusted some text in Tale of the Muspah quest.

Minigames

* The new capabilities of our graphics engine have enabled us to update the feature where you lean on the Duel Arena walls to spectate. In particular, you can now control your camera while watching the duels below.

* In Mobilising Armies, you may now recover your investment if your opponent immediately quits the game.

* Implings in Puro-Puro have had their respawn locations randomised so that spawn-campers can't monopolise them so easily.

* If you place a barrier in the Great Orb Project while you're moving, it should stay where you put it instead of trying to follow you.

* Fixed an issue with the camera in the Mobilising Armies waiting room.

* Increased the size of a text component on the Temple Trekking map to avoid cutting text off.

* Adjusted an interface in Barbarian Assault where an image was overlapped by text.

Miscellaneous

* You now lose EP for being teleported by the chest in Ardougne Castle if it teleports you during combat.

* If you're prevented from moving by a spell, you are no longer able to move by planting mithril seeds.

* If your character encounters a NPC (non-player character) that it can't walk through, after a pause it will attempt to walk around the NPC.

* Various bugs involving the friends list have been fixed.

* It was possible to cast the Bake Pie and Humidify spells at the same time.

* Players could stand in the vicious trees around Draynor Manor.

* The Grand Exchange herblore price list has been updated to show wergali.

* The pre-purchase information for a bagged evergreen plant was incorrect.

* If you charged some headgear with summoning scrolls, then dropped it on a non-members' world, the headgear would vanish.

* Non-members no longer have Enchant Bolts on their spell lists.

* Many shops in RuneScape were using an unnecessarily large amount of memory on the server. They have now been optimised. This shouldn't have any visible effect on the shops.

* Various player suggestions for the menagerie rooms have been implemented, including the ability to store strange pets such as fishbowls and clockwork cats. The pet feeder is also less laborious to use now.

* This week's game engine update includes a major rewrite of the way RuneScape processes your mouse-clicks. You'll therefore encounter various features in the game that don't behave exactly how they did before the update.

* The quest journal for 'Learning the Ropes' had obsolete descriptions of certain interface buttons.

* The Report Abuse interface had several missing apostrophes.

* The in-game Agility skillguide had an incorrect description of an obstacle in the Rellekka Slayer Cave.

* The Notes screen had occasional problems wrapping text.

* If you right-clicked on Patchy Pete, you'd say "Yes please" even though he hadn't offered you anything.

* Adjusted a few references in the tutorial to refer to recently changed side interface icons.

* Updated the Agility shortcuts to reflect changes to a shortcut near the new Aquanites.

* Players should no longer be able to purchase additional skillcapes if you already have one in your POH.[/hide]

Hmm, my graphics are messing up a little. Good thing I'm not really planning to play RS right now, so I can see if the bugs and stuff have been fixed later on.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

One of the main reasons why I never thought we would get night and day in runescape is because you wouldn't be able to tell in Standard Detail (there's no sky, just a big black nothingness) but now that it's been upgraded to Runetek 5 it can now probably support day and night now, so that should make it a little more likely to happen now in my mind.

And yes, I imagine the Excalibur has been slightly nerfed, the Dragon Battleaxe isn't working properly, you have to actually be in combat to use the special. I'm sure this is just a bug though.

Dark_Jab.png

versaq.png

Quick find code: 15-16-710-59508360

In other words: We accidentaly released part of the code for the next skill, but we wouldn't tell you that because that'd mean we're being honest. :roll: :lol:

eusa_shhh.gif or they'll murder you in your sleep.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

One of the main reasons why I never thought we would get night and day in runescape is because you wouldn't be able to tell in Standard Detail (there's no sky, just a big black nothingness) but now that it's been upgraded to Runetek 5 it can now probably support day and night now, so that should make it a little more likely to happen now in my mind.

And yes, I imagine the Excalibur has been slightly nerfed, the Dragon Battleaxe isn't working properly, you have to actually be in combat to use the special. I'm sure this is just a bug though.

I'm thinking weapons that have instant specials may be bugged.

I'll comment on the mage update later, i r not spos to be posting during class. :-#

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

This new update is the best one since HD came out. I can finally play HD without lagg!

THANK YOU JAGEX! AWESOME WORK! :thumbsup: \'

The new minimap looks great with more colour variation and blending. I really like how the colours doesn't have sharp edges anymore, like they had before.

The new shop update sounds good as well, even though I haven't tried it out yet.

Simply great work, Jagex. 1k/10

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

"The majority of Karamja diarys easy reward is that you get better prices from Karamjas shops. We couldnt take this reward away without replacing it, so we have added Dell Monti, a pirate with a passion for pineapples, who will freely share his fruity bounty with you on a daily basis (if you are wearing your Karamja gloves)."

I've looked all around for Dell Monti, has anyone found him yet?

Thanks,

-Lt-

ltangel.png

I've only noticed the negative aspect of this update so far. Everytime I try to bank something the mouse jumps, which is very annoying.

Weird. That's not happening for me.

Oh and on the +1 skill total thing. I doubt it's a bug. I think it's a slip. Ofcourse Jagex blames this on the new engine, but that's pretty much the only excuse they can make.

This new update is the best one since HD came out. I can finally play HD without lagg!

THANK YOU JAGEX! AWESOME WORK! :thumbsup: \'

The new minimap looks great with more colour variation and blending. I really like how the colours doesn't have sharp edges anymore, like they had before.

The new shop update sounds good as well, even though I haven't tried it out yet.

Simply great work, Jagex. 1k/10

High Detail actually runs smoother than standard detail for me :shock:

Dark_Jab.png

I've only noticed the negative aspect of this update so far. Everytime I try to bank something the mouse jumps, which is very annoying.

Weird. That's not happening for me.

I hope It's not only a small minority this happens to :wall:

That would mean there's no chance in it getting fixed.

Zerker_jane.png

"The majority of Karamja diarys easy reward is that you get better prices from Karamjas shops. We couldnt take this reward away without replacing it, so we have added Dell Monti, a pirate with a passion for pineapples, who will freely share his fruity bounty with you on a daily basis (if you are wearing your Karamja gloves)."

Thanks,

-Lt-

I have no idea, but Jagex didn't state where he is because they hoped it would cover up for not releasing any game content this week. :lol: "Search For Dell Monti", a new quest :-#

Runeman231.png

GESig.gif

Thanks,

-Lt-

I have no idea, but Jagex didn't state where he is because they hoped it would cover up for not releasing any game content this week. :lol: "Search For Dell Monti", a new quest :-#

Heh, figured that name seemed familar when I read it. Del monte is a company that sells pineapples. Silly Jagex. :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png