2nd September 2009 - Shops, RuneTek5, Autocasting, Patches

Sentry_Wolf

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you even know what's it about?The game engine lags when you switch prayers,making it impossible to be able to defend on time even with perfect knowledge about how you get attacked.

And in a week the tactics will shift, five guides will be written, and new ways to bypass learning how to do it for yourself will be read by monster hunters everywhere.

Um. What part of this are you not getting? Jad can hit over 100- he can one hit players who have potted ABOVE max hp.

You NEED to be able to prayer flick.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I can't [bleep]ing play runescape anymore, HD lags like hell, I lose connection, even though there isn't any problem with my connection, and sd lags even more, and I have everything set to the lowest possible settings.

I don't like the personalized shops update so much, but I do like the autocasting update.

Do you even know what's it about?The game engine lags when you switch prayers,making it impossible to be able to defend on time even with perfect knowledge about how you get attacked.

It's not supposed to be easy though. You just have to have quicker reactions now, which is perfectly fine because Jad was too easy in the first place.

You. Are. Missing. The. Point.

You have to be able to use prayer to kill jad. The only other real method is Vengeance method, but even then you have a miniscule chance to successfully get it right. I'm talking maybe 1/20 tries. Jad was designed to be killable by people who have mastered prayer switching, and that is how he was since day one. If you don't know that, and if you seriously believe that he's meant to be killed without it then you are highly misguided.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

They said the shard update will take place this week.

For those of you who don't believe this:

update2.jpg

Stop complaining already.

Epic update next week ftw?

They said the shard update will take place this week.

For those of you who don't believe this:

update2.jpg

Stop complaining already.

Epic update next week ftw?

Saaaiiilllinnnggg!!!11!!!one!!!

:ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

27wu54o.jpg

Real men get 99 str on cows 8-).

It's not supposed to be easy though. You just have to have quicker reactions now, which is perfectly fine because Jad was too easy in the first place.

You. Are. Missing. The. Point.

You have to be able to use prayer to kill jad. The only other real method is Vengeance method, but even then you have a miniscule chance to successfully get it right. I'm talking maybe 1/20 tries. Jad was designed to be killable by people who have mastered prayer switching, and that is how he was since day one. If you don't know that, and if you seriously believe that he's meant to be killed without it then you are highly misguided.

The last and first time I made a real attempt at Jad, I used an outdated guide. Namely, one that had the old graphics... so I had no idea what pray to use when. I got hit over and over, and not once got close to dying...

Jad is easily possible without prayer switching. All it takes is good equipment, good levels, and good preparation.

Jad isn't about switching prayers during combat. It's a complete lesson in preparation and planning, requiring on-the-fly strategy. Or following a guide and cheaping out on the rewards.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Jad isn't about switching prayers during combat. It's a complete lesson in preparation and planning, requiring on-the-fly strategy. Or following a guide and cheaping out on the rewards.

Completing the Fight caves is about preparation and planning an endurance strategy, defeating Jad is about keeping a cool head whilst prayer switching to complete the last round. We don't have good enough armour at the minute to withstand hits of 80+ that Jad deals out with incredible accuracy; so while it is possible to do it, it requires a massive amount of luck. Can you take luck into account when planning the Fight Caves? No.

It is clearly a bug, and Jagex will change it in due course and we will be able to fight Jad as before requiring concentration and calm.

You got lucky, but based on your limited experiences you wouldn't know that.

What is his max hit, out of curiosity? He never hit over 50 or so on me despite him hitting me several times, and if the monster examine is to be trusted, he can't hit over 68 if you're properly equipped. In light of that, and the fact that you hit 115 hp after Saradomin brew, and that he's slow enough for you to drink two doses of potion easily, he can't even kill you with two max hits in a row.

And the chance of him hitting that is slim, especially when he has a 50-50 chance of using the attack that's not being protected against...

What is his max hit, out of curiosity? He never hit over 50 or so on me despite him hitting me several times, and if the monster examine is to be trusted, he can't hit over 68 if you're properly equipped. In light of that, and the fact that you hit 115 hp after Saradomin brew, and that he's slow enough for you to drink two doses of potion easily, he can't even kill you with two max hits in a row.

And the chance of him hitting that is slim, especially when he has a 50-50 chance of using the attack that's not being protected against...

Monster examine lies. He hits 100+ (115+? :D), apparently. (me? get to jad? pffff I wish. I've gotten to the first 180 wave, that's all.)

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Monster examine lies. He hits 100+ (115+? :D), apparently. (me? get to jad? pffff I wish. I've gotten to the first 180 wave, that's all.)

I think he already took into account the effect of the divine spirit shield. I know Jad can hit at least 97.