2nd September 2009 - Shops, RuneTek5, Autocasting, Patches

Sentry_Wolf

People should not complain about Jagex QA for this update, above alot of other updates.

This update was a huge change to the core code of runescape, that effects probably ever singe task done ingame. It would actually be idiotic of Jagex to test every single action your character can take, especially for an update of this scale. You can either choose 20 years of testing to get 99.9999999% of the bugs out through QA, or a week of bugs.

OR we could have a month of bug testing that gets most of the bugs- hell, this update caused minimal changes to actual gameplay. I certainly wouldn't have minded waiting longer.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People should not complain about Jagex QA for this update, above alot of other updates.

This update was a huge change to the core code of runescape, that effects probably ever singe task done ingame. It would actually be idiotic of Jagex to test every single action your character can take, especially for an update of this scale. You can either choose 20 years of testing to get 99.9999999% of the bugs out through QA, or a week of bugs.

Yes, if we think about the scope of the project, it's a mind-boggling thing they did and we can be sure that they didn't do it lightly. Add onto the fact that it's impossible to catch every single exception, every slight error, with a small Q&A team versus hundreds of thousands of players...well, you get the idea.

That isn't to say we can't be upset or mad. With a paid service, you expect a certain level of quality. When that quality is not delivered in full, you can expect paying customers to be upset.

It's those who are upset yet not patient that are the issue here. If you can stand by and look at the myriad of bugs and how they've affected gameplay and not be upset even the slightest, then you're a Saint. What are you doing playing a game like this? :P

hzvjpwS.gif

Yes, if we think about the scope of the project, it's a mind-boggling thing they did and we can be sure that they didn't do it lightly. Add onto the fact that it's impossible to catch every single exception, every slight error, with a small Q&A team versus hundreds of thousands of players...well, you get the idea.

That isn't to say we can't be upset or mad. With a paid service, you expect a certain level of quality. When that quality is not delivered in full, you can expect paying customers to be upset.

It's those who are upset yet not patient that are the issue here. If you can stand by and look at the myriad of bugs and how they've affected gameplay and not be upset even the slightest, then you're a Saint. What are you doing playing a game like this? :P

I guess I'm slightly upset, but not too rattled over this. I cling to the hope that Jagex will put the safespots back, just like they put Protect Item back with Bounty +1 worlds. And if not, I can still do FFA Corp, solo GWD, and skill. And I am a saint, a latter day saint.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

OR we could have a month of bug testing that gets most of the bugs- hell, this update caused minimal changes to actual gameplay. I certainly wouldn't have minded waiting longer.

A month of testing probably wouldn't have gotten rid of many of the bugs. Alot of them are obscure ones, such as the Jad bug, or dragon spear special attack not working in castle wars. I admit, bugs such as the Safespot one would probably be found quickly given an extra week or two, but the majority are in areas not very commonly used.

I Agree Lady Ninane, people have a right to be upset, they don't have a right to rant at Jagex and say their QA team is a failure or anything like that though. They have done their job perfectly.

Just because the Update has very few visable changes, it's changed the very core Game engine, the RuneTek version. It's just as big in size as the jump from RSC to RS2, and from RS2 to HD.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I find it sad they are not acknowledging the safespot glitch.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Well some of those server reboots for graphical glitches are necessary believe it or not. I discovered the other day that my notebook's graphics card was one of the several NVIDIA/ATI cards that crashes in High Detail. While its doesn't bother me to switch to Standard Detail for the time being, picture people who load their games in High Detail on a PVP world (or other dangerous situations). One untimely crash in the middle of combat and BOOM...there goes your lovely armor and loot :shock:! Thankfully I was sitting comfortably outside my house portal when this occurred.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

I'm not reading through all 25 pages; is anyone else unable to use the Zamorakian Spear's special attack?

Yes, they are aware of this. I thought it had already been fixed though?

Oh, sorry. It happened yesterday, and I didn't think they'd fix it this fast. I'll check.

The bug is still there.

On another note, did anyone notice that you can now change to a picture loggin screen? Kinda neat; just press the small button in the bottom left.

2dgucz6.png

So...are all spells universally autocastable now? barrage via ahrims, for example? and I'm hoping that they did not damage the oogglog stock too drastically...it's taking long enough to get those damn rabbits as it is :wall: Luckily for me, I just got a new computer on account of my old one imploding so I actually get to use all this new pretty stuff :thumbsup:

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

So...are all spells universally autocastable now? barrage via ahrims, for example? and I'm hoping that they did not damage the oogglog stock too drastically...it's taking long enough to get those damn rabbits as it is :wall: Luckily for me, I just got a new computer on account of my old one imploding so I actually get to use all this new pretty stuff :thumbsup:

Ahrim's + Shadow Barrage! \'

And yeah, all spells are autocastable, but God spells and Slayer Dart still require the correct staves.

Disappointed about there being no bonus for obsidian staves...

2dgucz6.png

My biggest gripe with this update is the horrid looks of every item in the inventory/bank/store. All of them seem quite a bit distorted, jagged, and pasty almost (Look at a rune). A lot of items have been desaturated in colour and lost their shiny look (Molten glass and potions come to mind). I'm almost sure someone else has noticed this.

The actual in-game graphics look fine, although I haven't noticed a huge difference. I notice no lag and haven't really experienced any sort of misclicking that people seem to be complaining about. I even noticed how nice the reflection effects were now when I saw the reflectiveness of my dragon scimmy when I rotated my camera.

The cursors would probably be something that a new player might enjoy, but I for one am too used to having a regular cursor so that feature has been left off for me.

I have yet to have any sort of major opinion of the autocasting update, but it does seem to make the void mace a little less useful, canceling my plans to get one any time soon.

As for shops, I think they need to change it so that certain items have a limited stock and others don't. Items like unfinished broad bolts can't be traded anyway, so how could they be affected by mechanting clans at all?

My biggest gripe with this update is the horrid looks of every item in the inventory/bank/store. All of them seem quite a bit distorted, jagged, and pasty almost (Look at a rune). A lot of items have been desaturated in colour and lost their shiny look (Molten glass and potions come to mind). I'm almost sure someone else has noticed this.

The actual in-game graphics look fine, although I haven't noticed a huge difference. I notice no lag and haven't really experienced any sort of misclicking that people seem to be complaining about. I even noticed how nice the reflection effects were now when I saw the reflectiveness of my dragon scimmy when I rotated my camera.

The cursors would probably be something that a new player might enjoy, but I for one am too used to having a regular cursor so that feature has been left off for me.

I have yet to have any sort of major opinion of the autocasting update, but it does seem to make the void mace a little less useful, canceling my plans to get one any time soon.

As for shops, I think they need to change it so that certain items have a limited stock and others don't. Items like unfinished broad bolts can't be traded anyway, so how could they be affected by mechanting clans at all?

My only issue is with the desaturated images too, I made a game feedback post before and there are multiple others

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I find it sad they are not acknowledging the safespot glitch.

what glitch? they made monsters smarter. I can still safespot rex, rock lobsters, etcetera.

EDIT: You just can't diagonal safespot anymore, and in some cases safespotting is easier now.

Only thing I hate is I need 900k shards for 96 summon -.-

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

I just tried sitting in my POH; everytime I try to sit, I am made to stand back up two seconds later...

*cough* someone has got piles *cough* :lol:

I wish they would sort out the shards, I knew I should have used the charms last week. :wall:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

This runtek5 is a load of crap. It is junk all a round!

Not at all, it will give Jagex the ability to greatly improve the look and compatability of Runescape.

If your reasoning for the being junk is the bugs and glitches, it has been explained countless times in countless other update threads why they are there.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Not at all, it will give Jagex the ability to greatly improve the look and compatability of Runescape.

If your reasoning for the being junk is the bugs and glitches, it has been explained countless times in countless other update threads why they are there.

They made the graphics look worse in SD and the bugs r annoying but im not complaining about these as much as how its mostly a downgrade, im quitting for a lil while until this is fixed up...

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

They made the graphics look worse in SD and the bugs r annoying but im not complaining about these as much as how its mostly a downgrade, im quitting for a lil while until this is fixed up...

You're quitting for a while because of a few bugs and how the graphics look, maybe, a little worse? :lol: Everything Jagex is doing right now is preparing to make RS much better in the future. Ill take a week of bugs for that.