2nd September 2009 - Shops, RuneTek5, Autocasting, Patches

Sentry_Wolf

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering but, are all the Inventory picture changes to throw bots off? as items are now darker/lighter more saturated so a bot can't recognise what is what? or is it all to do with the new RT5 that everything looks so dusty

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

This runtek5 is a load of crap. It is junk all a round!

Not at all, it will give Jagex the ability to greatly improve the look and compatability of Runescape.

If your reasoning for the being junk is the bugs and glitches, it has been explained countless times in countless other update threads why they are there.

They made the graphics look worse in SD and the bugs r annoying but im not complaining about these as much as how its mostly a downgrade, im quitting for a lil while until this is fixed up...

You're quitting for a while because of a few bugs and how the graphics look, maybe, a little worse? :lol: Everything Jagex is doing right now is preparing to make RS much better in the future. Ill take a week of bugs for that.

Theres other reason's that im quitting temperarly too not just these.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Not at all, it will give Jagex the ability to greatly improve the look and compatability of Runescape.

If your reasoning for the being junk is the bugs and glitches, it has been explained countless times in countless other update threads why they are there.

They made the graphics look worse in SD and the bugs r annoying but im not complaining about these as much as how its mostly a downgrade, im quitting for a lil while until this is fixed up...

You're quitting for a while because of a few bugs and how the graphics look, maybe, a little worse? :lol: Everything Jagex is doing right now is preparing to make RS much better in the future. Ill take a week of bugs for that.

Amen to that! :D

Amen to that! :D

The graphics don't look worse. It's called a change, and not many people like to give in to change. The graphics actually look better, in technical terms.

It's like saying RSC looked much better than RS2. Technically, that statement is not true, but your grasp for nostalgia makes you take hold of something you don't have anymore.

For the bugs? I haven't seen anything big enough to make me upset. So what if safespotting is gone for now, it's not like you ever need to safespot anything but a few bosses, which isn't that big of a deal.

Stellactic.gif

So Jagex have done some work on the bird meat shop and shards but i'm still a little sad. 300 at a time isnt that many bird meats when i'm used to buying thousands at a time. I'll admit I never really bought much stuff from shops but its going to take quite a bit of getting used to to get back to the old ways of stuff getting more expensive as you buy it out. It makes planning ahead very difficult. This is going to affect the mid wealth players much more than the super rich (who dont really care what things cost on the GE). I am also quite worried about buy-bots who just walk to stores all day buying up the goods to sell.

I used to purchase the bird meats for myself at Ooglog and while it did take a bit longer than just going to the GE I managed ot save quite a bit of cash. Now with the price at ooglog reaching a similar price to the GE (when you start lowering the shop stock) why would I bother wasting my time there. I will start using the Grand Exchange to purchase the goods, the problem then arises that if everybody just goes to the GE why would anyone bother going to Ooglog and then the demand at the Ge will be more than the stock there. Prices will go up too high and then Summoning will cost even MORE!

You should be able to get up to 3,000 of an item in shops without it going above the ge price, not 300.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

GE price for raw bird meat which has been steady 73gp for months is now selling at max for 91. It won't be long before it tops 100gp each. T-birds have gone from being slow but free exp to slow and expensive exp. It wasnt long ago that bird meat was 16gp too!!! If Jagex think that by doing this they will get more people hunting birds they they totally misunderstand why so many people just hunt chins.

It is also very difficult to work out the costs of things in advance for training. Before I could quite safely say that 1000 Terrobirds will cost me 300k for the shards and 63k for the bird meats (from the store). If I went to the GE i would expect to pay around 72-76k. Now I have no idea what its going to cost. If I go to the GE I can expect to pay around 90-100k soon which at least gives me some idea of costs. If I decide to go to the store I have no idea what it might cost. The first 10 birds meats cost X much then the next 15 cost Y and then Z until i'm paying 80+ gp before buying out the whole stock.

All I can say is that i'm thankful i'm 98 Summoning and already have a lot of secondary items and the shards i need.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I have to admit i'm a bit miffed at the shops update, but everything else id fine and dandy with me. The new graphics looks very nice even though there are alot of bugs, But decent update in my eyes.

Now give meh name change update.

18k7pu.jpg

The Iron never lies to you. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

If anyone wants something good from the shop update might I point you to Keldagrim?

Blast Furnace + Personal Shops = :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh and the ore is dirt cheap!

blastfurnace.png

200000000.png

If anyone wants something good from the shop update might I point you to Keldagrim?

Blast Furnace + Personal Shops = :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

blastfurnace.png

Wow that is cheap!

I'm heading there now. :lol:

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

blastfurnace.png

does it restock when the dwarfs bring more in? or does it take ages to restock?

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

blastfurnace.png

Wow, that is really good :thumbsup:

blastfurnace.png

does it restock when the dwarfs bring more in? or does it take ages to restock?

EDIT - I was wrong. :wall:

200000000.png

well jagex have literally made me quit rs until they fix the damn lag. I click the log-out button and the game tells me that I don't have any prayer points, close the bank and click my ess pouch and the pouch goes into the bank, still can't fletch bolts...

Well just saw a load of ores come in... and bad news... it didn't add anything to the stock :wall:

So much for a good shop, Blast Furnace ore shop, looks like it restocks like normal. That is until you see none of the ores go to the stock. #-o

200000000.png

Well just saw a load of ores come in... and bad news... it didn't add anything to the stock :wall:

So much for a good shop, Blast Furnace ore shop, looks like it restocks like normal. That is until you see none of the ores go to the stock. #-o

knew it was to good to be true... :wall:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

So if you buy 100 silver ores you basically can't buy any from the shop again?

Well remember every system update, the shops replenish to their full default supply. So whenever Jagex decides to throw an update....

So if you buy 100 silver ores you basically can't buy any from the shop again?

Well remember every system update, the shops replenish to their full default supply. So whenever Jagex decides to throw an update....

Oh you can buy again, if you like waiting several minutes for 1 ore to restock. At least he can still unnote and the ore is dirt cheap, but still... :wall:

200000000.png

Update for next week:

As some of you are aware certain tasks may appear to have a lag effect since the launch of the latest game engine.

A problem was discovered whereby some tasks were too fast initially, so a change was made to slow certain activities that use specific engine commands down by approximately 0.6 seconds.

e.g. Switching prayers.

Player switches on a prayer and the client puts an icon above your head, server gets the message, waits around 0.6 seconds and then switches it on. During this time a monster may have hit "through" your prayer.

e.g. Eating whilst running.

Player is running along and decides to eat. Player clicks the food which stops the player running temporarily but because the action of eating takes 1 cycle longer you won't start running again until 0.6 seconds after you normally would.

We are currently in the process of fixing all these and they should be back to normal with the next content update early next week. Unfortunately it was easier to slow everything down and investigate each case rather than leave things fast and find them before any abuse may have occurred.

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?15,16,20,59521654