2nd September 2009 - Shops, RuneTek5, Autocasting, Patches

Sentry_Wolf

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tried out the Summoning attack option against Bork. My familiar will attack Bork until I eat or switch weapons, then it goes back to attacking the legions. Basically if I perform any action whatsoever it negates my command to attack.

Cool, I guess.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

was checking recent updates on rsof.

found a post by a tiffer :thumbsup: :shame: (siggied it for lulz)

That really IS funny!

My take on the updates:

First off, I hate graphical updates. In my eyes, they're a waste of time and make the game increasingly animeish to appeal to Jagex's chosen demographic. Because of this, the medieval feel of Runescape is slowly eroding. Additionally, now I have to mess with the newer interface in SD as well. The main reason why I played SD was to avoid the interface in HD- I loathe it.

I feel Runetek 5 is a GOOD update. They're actually working with the game engine and upgrading it- good stuff. And I can forgive some of the bugs as this is tricky business. SOME.

The magic update is a mixed bag. On the one hand, some staves actually boost spell power and you're no longer required to use the blasted Ancient Staff for autocasting. On the other hand, allowing autocasting for any weapon simply made hybriding a LOT easier.

Next we have the shop update. BAD FREAKIN' IDEA. First off, prior to the G.E. items sold to shops could be worth more or less to players than to the shop. This allowed players to snag a nice deal or actually profit from producing items. Now we have G.E. prices which kinda negate that even in the old way. But the problem lies in the fact that summoning and fletching have just got kicked in the huevos. First, you need far, far, FAR more shards than the shop gives you. And, secondly, to make broad bolts, or any arrows for that matter, requires far more than the measly one thousand feathers the shop gives you. Are high level slayers now expected to slay chickens? Additionally, bone bolts and ammunition will now be a lot harder to come by- no more infinite stock. Though you might be thinking this will bring back low level merchants, i.e. those who buy shop items and sell them to players for profit, you'd forget that the price in the shops is still, unless I'm wrong, the median price on the G.E.

One last thing: I hear tell safespots are failing. If this is intentional, then Jagex have just rubbished both mage and range.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

On the other hand, allowing autocasting for any weapon simply made hybriding a LOT easier.

I would love to know what planet they're living on. Magic hybrids are now a lot more difficult to operate than before. The OP clearly hasn't tried to switch from autocasting to melee in combat yet.

hzvjpwS.gif

butlers steal planks

I had my butler un-note quite a bit of planks just yesterday and he didn't steal any planks. So is this new, or just happening to you?

TzHaar shops are open once more... can you spot the change? :wall:

[hide=]onyx.png[/hide]

:shock: 2.7 million tokkul for onyx?! :ohnoes:

It seems all places-you-could-reach-your-target-where-he-couldn't-hit-back have been removed.

You will now automatically run into the spot where you're plain in the open so it can hit you back.

Definitely NOT only limited to DKS.

Gf safespotting Wyverns.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

was checking recent updates on rsof.

found a post by a tiffer :thumbsup: :shame: (siggied it for lulz)

First off, I hate graphical updates. In my eyes, they're a waste of time and make the game increasingly animeish to appeal to Jagex's chosen demographic. Because of this, the medieval feel of Runescape is slowly eroding. Additionally, now I have to mess with the newer interface in SD as well. The main reason why I played SD was to avoid the interface in HD- I loathe it.

They did not change the old interface.

[hide=Don't believe me?]09090313.42.42.png

09090313.45.03.png[/hide]

You don't have to mess with the re-sizable screen at all.

Stellactic.gif

TzHaar shops are open once more... can you spot the change? :wall:

[hide=]onyx.png[/hide]

:shock: 2.7 million tokkul for onyx?! :ohnoes:

I hope it's a typo, it's (nearly) impossible to get 2.7M Tokkuls.

Too bad I don't have any membership right now. Merchanting onyx stuff could get you millions. :)

On the other hand, allowing autocasting for any weapon simply made hybriding a LOT easier.

I would love to know what planet they're living on. Magic hybrids are now a lot more difficult to operate than before. The OP clearly hasn't tried to switch from autocasting to melee in combat yet.

I didn't even think about that. How in the hell does that work?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Is it true that jad hits through prayer and safespots are broken? I was going to do fight caves today to get my cape back, but if this is the case then I won't bother.

Same with me, i'll hold off until it's confirmed

Edit --- done some research on this issue

Walking Funny

Special Attacks on Weapons

Waterbirth Island Doors

HD Not loading for some players (please post PC Specifications)

Cathaby Fishing Shop Floor

Spirit Tree Issues.

Jad hitting through prayer

Clue Scrolls being hard to read (text too bright)

Lunar Dream Spell

The Falador Achievement Diary

Quick find code: 120-121-11-58655420

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Stay away from the Corp Beast right now. My Clanmates caught this on vid after the System Update. Scary stuff... :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEGSoMJ

*Can someone tell me how to make the Vid appear so people can just click on it to watch it?*

Stay away from the Corp Beast right now. My Clanmates caught this on vid after the System Update. Scary stuff... :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEGSoMJ_xakv

*Can someone tell me how to make the Vid appear so people can just click on it to watch it?*

I'm at the corp now there's absolutely no problem

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEGSoMJ

"The URL contained a malformed video ID. "

I've been lurking the RSOF.

The Jad prayer thing is true, Jagex is aware of it, and is attempting to fix it.

Waterbirth door-rune throwing axe is also a bug.

Wil post more as I find them.

Also funny- 129-130-558-59517898 "jagex you ruined my life"

bye guys have a nice life im gonna go slit my wrists tbh all because of this game

and nothing of value was lost

[bleep] the rants section. According to them, Runescape has died 68,934 times over, is currently dying, Jagex sucks, and they're going to quit because they hate the new cursors. Seriously, the average age there must be 12 or something. No grammar, horrible spelling, ugh, makes me sick.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

People should not complain about Jagex QA for this update, above alot of other updates.

This update was a huge change to the core code of runescape, that effects probably ever singe task done ingame. It would actually be idiotic of Jagex to test every single action your character can take, especially for an update of this scale. You can either choose 20 years of testing to get 99.9999999% of the bugs out through QA, or a week of bugs.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

You can either choose 20 years of testing to get 99.9999999% of the bugs out through QA, or a week of bugs.

I'll take the week, please! (and bank everything before an update, lol)

20 years is something like 1040 weeks? that's... a while longer.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.