2nd September 2009 - Shops, RuneTek5, Autocasting, Patches

Sentry_Wolf

Whats irritable, is now theres NO use for "Magic Staff" and "Staff" in F2P. the only decent function to those was Auto-Cast feature and Looking like an old man with a walking stick for the normal "Staff". Shame F2P didnt get a 10% staff though, the magic is realy bad there in higher combats.

Popoto.~<3

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they talked about sky colors in the runetek5 thing, but i havent seen anything but fog. im guessing this isnt going to happen right away?

im still trying to decide if i like the custom cursors...theres to many of them that are used for uneccesary things, like switching to a different bank tab.

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

they talked about sky colors in the runetek5 thing, but i havent seen anything but fog. im guessing this isnt going to happen right away?

im still trying to decide if i like the custom cursors...theres to many of them that are used for uneccesary things, like switching to a different bank tab.

Yeah, it was with the bloom lighting and particle effects.

They said they were going to release those over the coming months.

I like the cursor, but I don't like all the little icons it changes to. :lol: It's a bit distracting, and it annoys me in combat. Had to turn it off.

Dark_Jab.png

Hi.

Has anyone mentioned it yet? The equipment stat window lists Magic Damage under Other Bonuses. Does that mean jagex is planning to make more mage weapons that give various increases to spell damage?

Did they finaly do away with the magic damage cap?

Didn't think about that, i hope they do. Maybe they could finally make mage void worthwhile?

SoulAttacker, i havn't heard of anybody else having the problem, maybe try the Tech area of the RSOF.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I hope the "stop" that affects your character gets fixed soon. It really is annoying while walking around any dangerous area and getting hit all the time.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Runescape is running smoother than ever for me, and I have a really weak Graphics card (can't run HD). GJ Jagex.

Though clicking, using, equipping items etc. is pretty laggy, Hopefully they'll be patched up soon.

It's lagging more than ever for me, and I, too, have a weak graphics card.

Yeah it's lagging more then ever for me also, I thought this update was suppose to make HD run smoother and SD look better, They made HD laggy, SD laggy, And added some meh graphic options.. -.-

A fight to the death between zombies has a few inherent problems.

dark_link_a9.png

Dark_Link_A9.png

dark_link_a9.png

Yay for nerfing Jad with the new game engine! Now I can't do fight caves... Just after I bought all of the supplies.

What is a challenge if you can have your hand held while undertaking it? It's up to you to adapt to the change or just go without the cape.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Yay for nerfing Jad with the new game engine! Now I can't do fight caves... Just after I bought all of the supplies.

What is a challenge if you can have your hand held while undertaking it? It's up to you to adapt to the change or just go without the cape.

Don't think you understand...Prayer switching has been slowed down, meaning he'll sometimes hit you even if you've put up the right prayer. Thats not a challenge, thats impossible. Unless you're telling me you can kill jad without prayer?

Don't think you understand...Prayer switching has been slowed down, meaning he'll sometimes hit you even if you've put up the right prayer. Thats not a challenge, thats impossible. Unless you're telling me you can kill jad without prayer?

vls, vengence its been done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHH60dqWfGA

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

That's dumb. You're defending a move that has basically removed part of the quality of the game, and that's apparently a good thing.

"Oh, so you don't have a monitor? Suck it up, fight Jad without it or play another game."

"So what if you don't have any hands? You should be able to do it with your feet. This other guy did it. Why can't you?"

"The server's down? That shouldn't be an excuse. Go buy a plane ticket right now, fly down to Cambridge, and start kicking some staff members in the groin until you get that fire cape. What are you sitting there for? Get off your [wagon]!"

8f14270694.jpg

vls, vengence its been done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHH60dqWfGA

Let's be realistic, though. He's killed jad dozens of times with dozens of methods. For most people, just killing him the regular way is a challenge, and now thanks to Jagex you have to be really lucky and hope the prayer doesn't take too long to switch over.

No matter what, Jagex has broken a LOT of the game by adding this so called improvement of an engine. They've lagged their game, all the colors in the item avatars are dull now and some items are off center (take a look at the scarecrow) and the time it takes to harvest herbs and fruits has nearly doubled. These are only just a few examples, but the game is actually broken right now in many aspects, and I am astounded that they aren't either fixing it asap or going back to Runetek4 while they work the kinks out of 5.

If it weren't for the fact that I want 99 Farming, I'd probably have cancelled by subscription by now. With each update it's getting more annoying and more annoying to play alongside all these bugs they keeps letting into the game.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

What about the problem of clicking on a monster to attack it. Am I the only one having it?

I had several very annoying slayer tasks, basically waiting for the monster to attack me to be able to retaliate.

When I try to attack the monster I almost never have a red cross (attack) and instead have a yellow (move) and that is when I click right onto it's body. The same happens when I try to order a summon to attack - I miss.

You mean the strongest monster in the game for solo play which was designed to be almost impossible to beat in the first place but was so abused with safespots and handicaps that it's associated status symbol became a joke is now actually more difficult and that's not fair? :o

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Do you even know what's it about?The game engine lags when you switch prayers,making it impossible to be able to defend on time even with perfect knowledge about how you get attacked.

It's not supposed to be easy though. You just have to have quicker reactions now, which is perfectly fine because Jad was too easy in the first place.

Stellactic.gif

Do you even know what's it about?The game engine lags when you switch prayers,making it impossible to be able to defend on time even with perfect knowledge about how you get attacked.

And in a week the tactics will shift, five guides will be written, and new ways to bypass learning how to do it for yourself will be read by monster hunters everywhere.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I still seem to experience a slight problem with the mouse/menus. Been runecrafting and its more evident that it keeps pausing. I have to slow down or I misclick. (No problems a while ago..)

Its only very slight but enough to make me misclick. Its not as bad as it used to be though.. Before it literally kinda just did whatever it wanted. Now its just takes a while to keep up and seems to be more of a menu slowness.

Idk its do-able. I turned their cursor off and everything else that isnt click intensive is fine. Im guessing there wont be a fix for this as it does technically work.