2nd September 2009 - Shops, RuneTek5, Autocasting, Patches

Sentry_Wolf

System update

Quick find code: 15-16-146-59522405

Hopefully this week's final update, we're fixing some more post-launch bugs:

More issues with ATI graphics cards (can you sense a theme ), especially problems with interface and object graphics

A potential improvement for those experiencing poor performance as a result of high CPU usage - please let us know if that has helped you

Fix missing floors in various areas when running with ground blending off

Several other smaller engine bug fixes

Thanks for your patience whilst we reboot the game.

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen this mentioned in the past few pages, to my surprise. Maybe it was posted earlier in the topic though.

Uncut Onyx now costs 2,700,000 Tokkul. Yes, 2.7 million. This is not a bug or typo.

The Tzhaar Rune store pays up to 10 for Fire Runes, but at the minimum, pays 5. Thus, there's pretty much a 1:1 exchange rate of Coins and Tokkul (Fire Runes cost 5 Coins each on the GE, and sell at minimum).

Tzhaar monster drops have not increased, nor have the rewards from Fight Caves / Pits. Karamja AD Gloves no longer have any effect on Tzhaar Store prices.

Multiple Jagex Mods have been quoted as hinting these changes are meant to be, as they call it, "semi-permanent." There are thousands of players already stocking up Tokkul in hopes Jagex changes the price back, but it seems like that won't happen. More importantly, in my opinion, anyone who was saving for an Onyx has been royally screwed. Player #31415926 who took the time to earn the Karamja gloves, and save 200k Tokkul from a combination of drops, Fight Pits, and Fight Caves, and was only 60k away, is now a solid 2,500k Tokkul away.

I think the only way this could have been more ridiculous is if the update was made towards Coins instead... just imagine if today, every monster dropped 10x what it used to drop, but every item, GE and store, costs 10x more.

Jagex has found themselves buried under another fine mess, thanks to their inability to plan ahead. Do they punish honest, but less-than-wealthy players who were saving their tokkul? Or do allow thousands of players to benefit insanely while utterly destroying the market for Onyx items... while at the same time, punishing the less-than-wealthy players by devaluing their goods? Worse, when people begin to comprehend what has truly happened, how will they alleviate the fears that this might again happen a little bit closer to home? That is, how can we be sure that they won't do this with experience points, coins, or other items?

Now I am looking forward to next week, both for this update they mention and the fix to the shards \'

I love Jagex for what they have done lately, sure a bit of bugs here and there, but I can see it making for a very promising future.

Untitled-1_01-1.png

awcaddet2.gifawcaddet2.gifUntitled-1_04-1.pngsig-11716.jpgsig-11743.jpgsig-11744.jpgsig-11745.jpg

(Signature Work in Progress)

Quick question: how would increasing the limit for shards compromise next week's update?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Quick question: how would increasing the limit for shards compromise next week's update?

Code modules are typically bundled together for testing and rollout. I expect that they already have a bundle of code that's nearly ready to go. (That is clearly how past Jagex releases have been done, based on their announcements.)

If they tried to add stuff to this upcoming week's package, it would stop the release because it would have to be checked and tested and prepared for loading onto the servers all over again.

Thus they will pack it with a later software release.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

You can always count of Jagex to make a big deal over a failed update.

You can always count on players to never give an update a shot.

Whine whine whine. It's all people can do, apparently. Last night I saw a topic on RSOF, and despite being a RSOF thread it had a great point. Everyone judges an update by the amount of bugs that comes with it, ignoring the update itself.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Whine whine whine. It's all people can do, apparently. Last night I saw a topic on RSOF, and despite being a RSOF thread it had a great point. Everyone judges an update by the amount of bugs that comes with it, ignoring the update itself.

Except the update itself, is not that great.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Except the update itself, is not that great.

Considering there was no negatives with the change from RT4 to RT5, other than the few bugs that will be fixed with time, it's easy to say this update was actually really great.

I know you're blind right now, but you will learn within time that every update is a positive influence to this game. Every update teaches them how to do something new, and with so many things on the horrizon now from this switch of game engines I could only imagine they have a lot of new stuff in hand ( * Sky boxes * Particle effects * Bloom lighting effects (HD only) * Water reflections (HD only))

Stellactic.gif

The switcheroo with Dell Monti's pineapples for Karamja shop prices really rubs me raw.

I always carried my gloves on slayer tasks, and came back to Shilo. I sold my drops to Oldi there for the best cash without alching. It was convenient and easy on the way to getting a new task. To me, 40 pineapples a day is an insult.

Apparently, I was the only person doing this. I have seen no one else even mention it.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Runescape is running smoother than ever for me, and I have a really weak Graphics card (can't run HD). GJ Jagex.

Though clicking, using, equipping items etc. is pretty laggy, Hopefully they'll be patched up soon.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

calced it out.

considering pouches are impossible to buy and you can buy 20k shards in 8 hours, and 1 shard restocks in the 2 shops every .6 seconds, you can get 135k shards every ~9 hours counting the time to buy shards.

This is rediculous.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

calced it out.

considering pouches are impossible to buy and you can buy 20k shards in 8 hours, and 1 shard restocks in the 2 shops every .6 seconds, you can get 135k shards every ~9 hours counting the time to buy shards.

This is rediculous.

So they update familiars to incentivize training summoning a bit more, and then they make it stupidly hard to train...I honestly just don't see the point of this update...the infinite stock shops/ge were a fine combo before they threw in the price caps+slowed buying...maybe at some point they will reconsider the old system...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Runescape is running smoother than ever for me, and I have a really weak Graphics card (can't run HD). GJ Jagex.

Though clicking, using, equipping items etc. is pretty laggy, Hopefully they'll be patched up soon.

It's lagging more than ever for me, and I, too, have a weak graphics card.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Theoretically how much items can you sell to a shop per hour ? (I am interested because of .. lets say fletching , 1 willow log is ~13 gp if I remember right and you can sell the unstrung bow for 20-40 gp it's kind of not a bad way to make money if you are lower level)

EDIT: The longbows are 32 ea. in other words +19 gp per bow.

calced it out.

This is rediculous.

135k shards a day would be fine. I used less from 98-99 summoning. Just trade in your pouches just after you've made them. ::'

calced it out.

This is rediculous.

135k shards a day would be fine. I used less from 98-99 summoning. Just trade in your pouches just after you've made them. ::'

well I lied about pouches I bought like 3.6k swamp titan overnight...

but yeah I need more than 135k lol, a LOT more.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Hi.

Has anyone mentioned it yet? The equipment stat window lists Magic Damage under Other Bonuses. Does that mean jagex is planning to make more mage weapons that give various increases to spell damage?

Did they finaly do away with the magic damage cap?