2nd September 2009 - Shops, RuneTek5, Autocasting, Patches

Sentry_Wolf

After playing for a while last night I have a few things worth mentioning.

The brightness jumps erratically, it only affects the map not the bank, inventory, items or so on (the whole point I use the higher brightness settings. However traveling maps like charter boats and mort myre boat are affected by the brightness setting.

The cursor is freaking annoying, just give me the option to disable it and I would. Take up too much room and babifies the game imo.

The rest seems good only its going to take a while to get used to.

PS. This update makes me want to DK like crazy more then anything (10% faster kills).

Keep your hopes down, i ehard they nerfed Rex safespot...

Just read the rant about it :( I'm hoping its fixed by the time I've raised the cash for supplies and possibly guthans.

If it doesn't get fixed by the weekend I'm going to be pissed, but lets see how fast Jagex fixes bugs (again...).

Yep, i really want them to fix the dk safespot, but more interested in fixing teh [beepin] prayer flash!!!!!!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can disable the cursor. #-o

Where? I spent about 10 minutes looking for the option last night.

Seriously wheres the option it bugged the hell out of me last night.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

It's where you'd least expect it: the graphics options.

Seriously, if you'd spent just one minute, you'd have found it.

Anyone know how to reduce the use of computer's memory?All the graphic options are on the lowest option possible,standard detail.

If it's on fixed (the old SD layout) then you shouldn't really have a problem running SD if you didn't have a problem before RuneTek5.

Just a note, I am SO happy they fixed the glitchy GE bars <3:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Anyone know how to reduce the use of computer's memory?All the graphic options are on the lowest option possible,standard detail.

If it's on fixed (the old SD layout) then you shouldn't really have a problem running SD if you didn't have a problem before RuneTek5.

As am I, great update. :thumbup:

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Not true (for me)! I reset all graphics to lowest but still have serious lag. Didnt had this before.

Edit: just saw pingtime working for first time. On lowest worlds (pingtime=20) still serious lag. What's wrong?

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

Hmm. Rune thrownaxe special doesn't work getting you through waterbirth dungeon anymore?

From the north path apparently I can't reach the middle door, and using it on the southern door means it doesn't destroy the one in front of me. Does anyone know if it still works from either of the other two paths?

And I guess more importantly, does anyone know if the safespot problems are affecting rock lobsters? Otherwise there's no real point me going down there..

It's where you'd least expect it: the graphics options.

Seriously, if you'd spent just one minute, you'd have found it.

options_menu1b.jpg

The bottom line of settings was missed off the options in SD for me last night.

There was never the option for AA or Cursors on there last night, I'm 99.9% sure of it.

Custom Cursors

This defaults to off. When turned on, your cursor, in many instances, will change when you hover over something in-game. For example, your cursor will change into a hand if you can use something, or an open door if you can open a door. These are the actions that will be performed if you left-click (on a two-or-more button mouse) or click and select the top-most option (on a one-button mouse).

I never enabled it so it should never have been on.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

My default was never "off" :|

Hmm. Rune thrownaxe special doesn't work getting you through waterbirth dungeon anymore?

From the north path apparently I can't reach the middle door, and using it on the southern door means it doesn't destroy the one in front of me. Does anyone know if it still works from either of the other two paths?

And I guess more importantly, does anyone know if the safespot problems are affecting rock lobsters? Otherwise there's no real point me going down there..

Same. I couldn't hit the middle door from the northern door. It doesn't work anywhere else, either, from what I hear. You need 3 people to get into the dungeon, now.

And the melee dags can get out of the trap, so they will attack. This isn't a problem, however, if you use the ladder safespot, I'm assuming.

Its possible to get in with only 2 people, but it requires you to move fast and in sync.

Open one door, open the other then one runs back to the first door before it closes.

I've done it before when there's been spawns that drew the spec away from the door.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I heard something called the bottleneck safespot doesn't work anymore? Never done rock lobsters so I don't know where that is.

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

It's hilarious how people have such a hard time finding the option to change the cursor :lol: No offence to anybody.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

It's hilarious how people have such a hard time finding the option to change the cursor :lol: No offence to anybody.

i changed it the second i saw it. gross.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Not bad, seemed to lag first when I logged in and somewhat the game engine itself runs a bit differently than the last one did, so need to get used to a bit. All in all, good update. Some items look a bit odd now, red/blue/green eggs for example.

i changed it the second i saw it. gross.

I clicked on it thinking what is this, but I reenabled it I like the new cursor and intro screen

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Its possible to get in with only 2 people, but it requires you to move fast and in sync.

Open one door, open the other then one runs back to the first door before it closes.

I've done it before when there's been spawns that drew the spec away from the door.

What if both ppl take a rune thrown axe and attack from 2 different doors? is it still possible?

What if both ppl take a rune thrown axe and attack from 2 different doors? is it still possible?

You both take either a range or magic weapon anyway so theres no need for rune axes.

Although you'll have to be quick with the doors as you'll need to got north and south if you can't hit to/from the middle.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You both take either a range or magic weapon anyway so theres no need for rune axes.

Although you'll have to be quick with the doors as you'll need to got north and south if you can't hit to/from the middle.

2 people+ a suicider works, how about the safe spot, is it still nerfed?

The only thing I've noticed about this update is it's laggy like hell (with SD lagging more than HD for me) when it was fine before and I can't click more than once per second without the mouse jumping to a random location.

If these are temporary setbacks then fair enough. Otherwise this update officially sucks [wagon].

Zerker_jane.png

I'm sad. :(

I loved to solo rex, or take my clan mates who struggled to make money. It's steady cash. Now, though...you HAVE to go as a trio. It really makes things tough and certainly won't do anything for the rising prices of zerkers and warrior rings.

Ah well. They should at least make it smaller, then, so CS works more reliably, if they won't fix the safespotting.

hzvjpwS.gif

I loved to solo rex, or take my clan mates who struggled to make money. It's steady cash. Now, though...you HAVE to go as a trio. It really makes things tough and certainly won't do anything for the rising prices of zerkers and warrior rings.

Ah well. They should at least make it smaller, then, so CS works more reliably, if they won't fix the safespotting.

One questtion, does the safespot is non existant (rex attacks you) or does prime/supreme attack you (rex stays traped)?

Seems it's time to adapt really, every area is effected of the game including fight caves etc, I welcome the change of no invisible barriers etc, and walking against a wall isn't really that realistic I know its painful for people to not be able to solo anymore, but once higher level gear somes out sooner or later it won't be *so* bad :?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Seems it's time to adapt really, every area is effected of the game including fight caves etc, I welcome the change of no invisible barriers etc, and walking against a wall isn't really that realistic I know its painful for people to not be able to solo anymore, but once higher level gear somes out sooner or later it won't be *so* bad :?

Well, its time to dust off nature runes, might have to use a few snares/entangles...