2nd September 2009 - Shops, RuneTek5, Autocasting, Patches

Sentry_Wolf

I love all the people going OCD to get placeholders, honestly there is a search button and it works fast. I haven't had any problems with the update. I enjoy a finite stock of things, more realistic. Autocasting is welcomed.

My only gripe is the nagging, jagex either makes the game too easy with make-x or too hard with finite stock and no safespotting. Seriously, pick one or the other to complain about. Thanks.

Stop abusing what wasn't intended to be in the game (doubles of everything) and rant to jagex about making a bank system that remembers where your items are before you take them out.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop abusing what you wasn't intended to be in the game (doubles of everything) and rant to jagex about making a bank system that remembers where your items are before you take them out.

There's an argument both ways to that. It's like rolling through a stop sign at 2mph - illegal, but does it hurt anyone, and is it really enforced? But you do come up with a good idea on a bank system that remember where the items were before you took them out.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Everyone who's logged in since the update seems to have a level added to their total =/

2377 is now the new max total right now.

NEW SKILL COMING SOON!!!! :thumbsup:

THEY UPGRADED WATER GRAPHICS.

'

SAILING@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

[bleep]in amazing update

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

It has been posted by a J-Mod on the RSOF that the 10 stock of raw bird meat is a mistake and going to be fixed with the next update. Also "System Update in 5:00 Minutes"

Wonder what is going to happen?

To throw us all off, they are going to bring out the next skill, the new fairy quest, and the new dwarf quest, as well as releasing Mechscape and announcing the merge between Jagex, Blizzard, Bungie, and Micro$oft.

What are we going to call that company? Jizziesoft?

Kudos to picking the most disturbing combination of names.

Hoo boy.....

When they do fix all these crazy things, this update might be one of the better ones of this year.

EDIT: Hah, I had about 21 lunar staves before this glitch. I figure that if I manage to lose all of them, I might have to seriously reevaluate what the heck I'm doing ingame.

8f14270694.jpg

What I like:

-Boost to magic (It really deserved it...)

-Map

-Cursor (How it looks)

-Ping (Even though there was none at any world today when I logged in :/)

What I hate:

-Ruined some safespots

-Cursor (It boosts my CPU usage from 50% to 99% o_O)

-Personalized Shops (Seriously, what the [bleep]? I mean, how am I supposed to get shards now...)

Overall I love the update, but the thing that most annoys me are the shops and the freaking cursos killing my CPU >_> (And yes, I do have a good CPU >_>).

Also I have one question, if I buy out the 65k spirit shards from every single shop in RuneScape, will they start stocking up to 65k slowly? (You know, like it used to be before the infinite stock update) because if it does it might not be as bad as I was thinking, but still bad >.>

And Jizziesoft made my day lmfao

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I wouldn't cry too much about terrorbird pouches, I heard that they weren't economical anyway plus I have like 2000 of them in my bank or something, so going by the fact that everybody else seems to have ten times the amount of anything I have, I think we're set for the next year or so.

8f14270694.jpg

I wouldn't cry too much about terrorbird pouches, I heard that they weren't economical anyway plus I have like 2000 of them in my bank or something, so going by the fact that everybody else seems to have ten times the amount of anything I have, I think we're set for the next year or so.
It's not that, it's the fact that they were the best way, due to the prior abundance of bird meat, to use gold charms.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Worst lag in years for me, therefore useless update till now....

few questions:

How do I resize my screen, this doesnt seem to work?

Can I remove my new animated cursor, useless for me and possible cause of lag?

How can I check pingtime of my world. It doesnt show in worldscreen?

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

go to graphics setting in user interface

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

few questions:

1. Go to the graphics option, you can either stay fixed box, resizable screen or fullscreen on either SD or HD.

2. Under graphics same as #1.

3. Think it is a bit glitchy atm, give it time.

Trouble brewing update is really annoying me a lot :wall: :wall:

I had earned all 6 sets of naval clothing and Phasmatys flag back in time long before this update.. Each set took around 8 hours to obtain, flag around 17-18 hours.. Now anyone can get them just in a few games. Which means their value now = nothing . 65+ hours of playing to waste (well, I enjoyed playing it but still I'm feeling in that way now). Thanks a lot for this, Jagex!

I have just one question: WHY? Most people who played that game were playing it just to get clothes. Is this helping in making minigame more popular? No. There is no reason to play this minigame a lot anymore. Okay, you can buy cheap rums for teleporting and stuff for brewing which is ok. But everything else can be achieved far too quickly.

Graphic update made me to lag more, didn't really need it but I understand it was needed for the future of the game. I just hope lagging issues will vanish. If not -> goodbye a lot of combat related content. At least until I manage to get better computer.

Magic update was good. Finally ability to hit at least a bit more. Autocasting is lovely. I am hoping for new updates that can increase magic hits even further (Prayer? Set effects? Quest rewards? Magic boosting items you need to keep in inventory? New higher hitting spells into normal spellbook? New spellbook?)

Shop update was good as well. Although it may require some adjusting. Or maybe it's time to go back to kill chickens for feathers like it was back in time :) Buying mass amounts of items from shops is not the only way to get everything.

I guess rcing may become more profitable again too, no more infinite amounts of runes from shops.

Spirit shard change is not really that dramatic as people are thinking. They were junk before, people sold them for under 20 ea and used as junk for lending godswords. Shouldn't be too hard to buy them now from other people in trade. I don't know if it will change in future, though.

Of course making things harder or slower or more expensive is always annoying for those who have been planning to do something in future. And making things easier/faster/cheaper is annoying those who did it in old way. This update brought both things.

After playing for a while last night I have a few things worth mentioning.

The brightness jumps erratically, it only affects the map not the bank, inventory, items or so on (the whole point I use the higher brightness settings. However traveling maps like charter boats and mort myre boat are affected by the brightness setting.

The cursor is freaking annoying, just give me the option to disable it and I would. Take up too much room and babifies the game imo.

The rest seems good only its going to take a while to get used to.

PS. This update makes me want to DK like crazy more then anything (10% faster kills).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

few questions:

1. Go to the graphics option, you can either stay fixed box, resizable screen or fullscreen on either SD or HD.

2. Under graphics same as #1.

3. Think it is a bit glitchy atm, give it time.

ty for your reply, but:

1. I did, but i can't resize screen under this option, nothing happens?

2. Ty, however it doesnt help agains lag :(

3. Does this mean that pingtimes don't werk for anyone atm?

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

The brightness jumps erratically, it only affects the map not the bank, inventory, items or so on (the whole point I use the higher brightness settings. However traveling maps like charter boats and mort myre boat are affected by the brightness setting.

The cursor is freaking annoying, just give me the option to disable it and I would. Take up too much room and babifies the game imo.

PS. This update makes me want to DK like crazy more then anything (10% faster kills).

Keep your hopes down, i ehard they nerfed Rex safespot...

Keep your hopes down, i ehard they nerfed Rex safespot...

Just read the rant about it :( I'm hoping its fixed by the time I've raised the cash for supplies and possibly guthans.

If it doesn't get fixed by the weekend I'm going to be pissed, but lets see how fast Jagex fixes bugs (again...).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You can disable the cursor. #-o

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Has anyone else noticed that some of the music has a bit more bass in it?

If you want to know what I'm talking about, just go to the old Myreque base.

Yeah, I noticed a little change in the song tracks aswell.