2nd September 2009 - Shops, RuneTek5, Autocasting, Patches

Sentry_Wolf

This is an awesome update is all I can say. Overall everything is :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Can somebody explain what they did with shops though? I don't understand it. I get that the items are now set for a specific player, but what good is this for items that can't be bought in shops? Sorry for my ignorance, but I really didn't understand the GE update.

Everything else is amazing, especially the magic update.

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually thinking about it. Doesn't Castle Wars rewards use a similar system to Trouble Brewing, where you buy it like from a shop, have those prices changed at all?

Got a friend to check for me (I can't get online atm) and Cw is still the same.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

This could make standard maging more popular in PVM and PVP again. Shops I don't really care about, but being able to buy infinite stocks (like of water vials in Ardougne general store) was nice. The new screen thing really pisses me off, as it just looks weird, and you have to be a member for full screen now. WTH? :evil:

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

At least I'll be able to buy "the stuff" ridiculously cheaply now, I suppose. I enjoy brewing; it's a bit strange, I know.

Brewing is quick and easy junk :P

2s8nukk.png

9 topics regarding the game updates today.Think Jagex did their quota of stupid moves this month and it's only the 2nd day.

Heh. I am going through the "Personalized Shops" thread now. Once you get past all the [wagon]-kissers (ex: "GJ Jagex!!!!! :-) :-)"), you start to see all the inherent problems with what has been done.

@everyone who thinks that this update will help manipulation on the Grand Exchange:

This update is needed to bring some prices into order. We have had too many restrictions on the Grand Exchange, which prevented many item prices from reaching what they were actually worth. Many of the restrictions were bound to the infinite stock in shops; it is only by getting rid of infinite stock in the shops that we are able to get rid of most of the restrictions.

Now the Grand Exchange is more flexible when reacting to supply and demand, and it makes manipulation harder, because it cannot be masked by the restrictions on the Grand Exchange any more.

We will need to wait some time before we see the effects of this update to their full extent in game. This update helps our efforts to create fair yet unrestricted trading in RuneScape.

(bolded emphasis is mine) These guys are winging it, pure & simple.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I can't believe RuneTek 5 is out already! :shock: Since they just recently released the Dev Blog for it I thought it would take a few months before they would release it to us. So many updates today I don't know where to begin. The magic updates are awesome as are all the new interface changes. The minimap especially looks awesome.

I don't quite like or dislike the new custom curser option. I've tested it out but I find it more of a nuisance than helpful. And SD in full/liquid screen is awesome! :D Like ross_the_knight I can't play in HD too much otherwise my laptop starts to overheat but this will at least allow me to play in a bigger screen at times. All the other graphical enhancements for SD are also beautiful and it's nice of Jagex to make them all optional for the people who don't want the changes.

Players should no longer be able to purchase additional skillcapes if you already have one in your POH.

This was from the patch notes but I'm not sure about this. Can you still have multiples of the same skillcape in your bank?

As for the shop update, I'm not really sure what to think of this. Hopefully Jagex will fix the amounts you can buy because from what I've heard they are really low right now.

Overall they were all awesome updates. The bugs are to be expected because they rewrote so many lines of code so I'm not really to bothered by them.

Well now it seems like the Merch clans have a stranglehold on our little items now. Yay. Man, Jagex you are making it harder and harder for me to want to play RS again.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

Ok, whoever explains this to me gets a cookie:

Rs is supposed to be a MMORPG, however each player has a personal shop.Where's the player interaction through shops gone to?

@bob: yes,the game lags like hell even on the lowest details, java eats 90% of the computer memory and I can't make bolts properly.

Ok, whoever explains this to me gets a cookie:

Rs is supposed to be a MMORPG, however each player has a personal shop.Where's the player interaction through shops gone to?

@bob: yes,the game lags like hell even on the lowest details, java eats 90% of the computer memory and I can't make bolts properly.

yeah I can't make bolts OR runecraft :\ don't want to think about gwd

time to do something else while waiting for jagex to fix [cabbage]

does anyone else find it impossible to click more than once/second now?

YES!!!! Extremely annoying.

This is even worse for buying Summoning shards, look at this post from a RS forums.

"I need to buy 200k shards to use up my present charms. Not only can I only buy 65k shards, but I have to buy a max of 500 at a time! Thats a hell of a lot of extra clicking! and it will take ages to buy them all too (400 x 500 shards a time). Even if I could buy 50k of them at once how many hours will it take for my personal shop to restock (grabs calculator)

OK the shop is regenerating about 2 - 3 shards a second, so even if I could buy out my entire stock in a couple of clicks, it will take 6 - 9 hours or more to get the shop back up to full stock. Which means that it will take me about 20 - 28 hours to purchase enough shards to get 1 summon level.

I happen to like spirit terrorbirds too as a cheap and quick way to use up those pesky gold charms. Now my usual source of raw meat is Chargeur in Oog'log who now stocks a pathetic 10 raw birds. And to add insult to injury, I cant even hop from shop to shop. The player stock availability is the same , so the amount of shards left at Taverley, is the same as the stock left at Bogrog

Get real Jagex, please "

NotoriousPSC.png

runetek5 - kinda weird cause it's first day, I guess I'll have to get used to it. jagex said it'll help them make less bugs into the game in future updates :thumbsup:

shops - it's like removing another aspect of the game, just like staking and originally pking. shops need the factor of being effected by few players...but oh well I understand them, it might hurt us a little but I'll sacrifice alot to finally kill the thing called "junk trading" :thumbup:

mage update - now people can't complain mage battle spells haven't got an update and made more powerfull :lol: (maybe now jagex thinks it isn't underpowered anymore?) anyways I'm glad it came, now I can remain only with teleports wich I use daily, wish I could seperate it over the whole tab window so miss clicking teles won't happend, but I know that might be really thought one :|

duplicating items - couldn't log on in time, no fair I want all these things twice also :( I think jagex should allow all getting more of them, or removing the exist things at the accounts to make everything fair. if they will listen to me, they probably would chose the 2nd one.

only 2 people on gilded altar - good nerf actually, help to balance few things, but people will always have what to complain on -.-

backdwb.jpg

OFMG SAILING@@@ :ohnoes:

nah, actually they wright clearly "START YOUR ADVENTURE TODAY", meaning soon we'll can start our adventure skill, a product skill for "quest skill" anyone? =P~

want_a_box.png

14-15-154-59510944

Sailing denied (page 2) :thumbup:

"The new loading screen has a ship in the back ground? :o "

Another guy later on

"Ships are popular...if they had a tiger in the background would Tiger be the new skill? "

lol

NotoriousPSC.png

This is even worse for buying Summoning shards, look at this post from a RS forums.

"I need to buy 200k shards to use up my present charms. Not only can I only buy 65k shards, but I have to buy a max of 500 at a time! Thats a hell of a lot of extra clicking! and it will take ages to buy them all too (400 x 500 shards a time). Even if I could buy 50k of them at once how many hours will it take for my personal shop to restock (grabs calculator)

OK the shop is regenerating about 2 - 3 shards a second, so even if I could buy out my entire stock in a couple of clicks, it will take 6 - 9 hours or more to get the shop back up to full stock. Which means that it will take me about 20 - 28 hours to purchase enough shards to get 1 summon level.

I happen to like spirit terrorbirds too as a cheap and quick way to use up those pesky gold charms. Now my usual source of raw meat is Chargeur in Oog'log who now stocks a pathetic 10 raw birds. And to add insult to injury, I cant even hop from shop to shop. The player stock availability is the same , so the amount of shards left at Taverley, is the same as the stock left at Bogrog

Get real Jagex, please "

Sucks bad. I need to buy 600k so i can use all my charms. Even in GE that's going take the P. They really need to get some of the staff to play to understand how stuff works. Since shards are not really going to drop below 25, what's with the annoying low stock. :wall: :wall:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

...and you have to be a member for full screen now. WTH? :evil:
Where have you been? True full screen has always been members. F2P'ers have to fiddle with the resizeable window if we want full screen. What's the problem?

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Atm I have charms to go from 88-95 summoning, and by the time I have 99 slayer I'll have enough for probably 96-97 summoning.

If I can't get shards at a decent rate, especially for these high levels I'm gonna be really ticked...Can you get shards from the GE still?

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

Atm I have charms to go from 88-95 summoning, and by the time I have 99 slayer I'll have enough for probably 96-97 summoning.

If I can't get shards at a decent rate, especially for these high levels I'm gonna be really ticked...Can you get shards from the GE still?

yeah but its limited, slower than buying stock.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Was Runetek5 a SD update? I'm not noticing much changed in HD other than the map, and a few extra textures here and there. I thought sky color maybe hinted at a day/night system, but I was wrong.

It's kind of a weird update overall IMO. I only started playing again less than 2 months ago, and the game just got different yet again!

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png