2nd September 2009 - Shops, RuneTek5, Autocasting, Patches

Sentry_Wolf

I'm in love <3:

I wonder how many people are going to wonder why Claws of Guthix was not in the patch notes for being autocastable...(It already was autocastable for anyone wondering).

PC is going to be busy as every mage wants to get a void mace.

I love the new graphics, there freaking awsome. And my laptop is supprising me by taking it all in stride. Its not a powerful graphics engine (it was designed to render HD movies, not to play games), but its still resonably new and that seems to be enough to max everything.

Now, if only this didn't come on the day I probably move into a house for University as I fear might not be able to find an internet connection (to hold me over until our house gets one). Oh well, at least I got to see the update first.

The only thing worrying me is the shop stock thing. As stupid and awful as infinate stock may be (economics wise), I never found the minimums on the GE a problem (and they are all that maintains a resonable price for all armour under rune), but hopefully they left the ones that are still needed. I guess I got used to the infinate stock, but this shouldn't be a problem, and I got along fine for 3 years under an arguably worse system just fine.

Naturaly people are complaining that the graphics are no longer so bad they burn the eyes when compared to the awsomeness of the new. Someday they will find teh graphical awsomeness off buttons so they can play in whats pretty close to the old style stuff. I think the new cursors are worth getting usd to, less moving my eyes to the corners to see whats going on is always a good thing.

I like the new diary awards. Seem pretty fair to me considering I was not even using teh rewards that were replaced. I do hope you still get bonus xp at brim agility though.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god capes are still there.

If dropped again you wont see them again though, same with the 2 god book glitch with vials

You scared me for a second!

Book trick still works though.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

There was a problem with TD luring earlier today... has that been fixed yet?

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

autocasting god spells, fml, i now have a useless void mace, 3 extra damage isnt going to make me feel better

Still need either the mace or the guthix wand to cast COG. But I know whta you're saying. Too bad you can't use master want to cast. Also, TDs have been screwed with again.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Well, that means getting a void mace to auto claws of guthix was a bit of a waste... oh well, I guess 10% damage bonus is worth it. Other than that, I haven't logged on yet so I can't comment.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

The worst part of the update is changing the Karamja diary reward, I'm getting worse prices for dumping items to the shop than before and the replacement is 40 pineapples per day? Doesn't look like a fair trade to me.

Spot on. We got ripped on that one. 40 freakin' pineapples - you can pick those in 5 minutes.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

The worst part of the update is changing the Karamja diary reward, I'm getting worse prices for dumping items to the shop than before and the replacement is 40 pineapples per day? Doesn't look like a fair trade to me.

Spot on. We got ripped on that one. 40 freakin' pineapples - you can pick those in 5 minutes.

Not to mention Onyx is now 300k set, and selling fire runes no longer works.

Onyxes will probably go up to 3.8-4.5M now.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

It has been posted by a J-Mod on the RSOF that the 10 stock of raw bird meat is a mistake and going to be fixed with the next update. Also "System Update in 5:00 Minutes"

Wonder what is going to happen?

To throw us all off, they are going to bring out the next skill, the new fairy quest, and the new dwarf quest, as well as releasing Mechscape and announcing the merge between Jagex, Blizzard, Bungie, and Micro$oft.

What are we going to call that company? Jizziesoft?

Wow, Jizziesoft, that was hilarious. :lol:

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Why did i sell a fury, onyx ring, master wand and ahrim's yesterday :wall:

But apsrt from that update is great.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Anyway, I don't believe this is bug abuse in any way. You would need to gain an unfair advantage over others for it to be abuse, and you don't. Plus, changing it only makes it worse. If everyone can get placeholders, then no one has an advantage over someone else, however small. But by changing it, now those who got it before the patch DO have a tiny advantage in organization over others. So changing something like this only makes it worse.

Well, you can get both a ramskull helm and a bone sack. That's not good.

Can also get crystal saw and the crystal chimes at the same time. And have placeholders.

Not that I have or have not done that. :D Besides perhaps there was a way of doing it before that I wasnt really aware of.

I have to admit I like placeholders for nearly everything I couldnt previously do lol. :shame:

Wow Jagex, it was a great move to put a Drop option to our banks right under the Deposit All.

Several people have lost their hard-merched cash because of this. (I haven't)

Helps the economy I guess :thumbup:

What items are still possible to get doubles of? I know god capes and holiday items are still possible.

I know you can't get double Diary rewards or agility clothes now. I was too late to get those :wall: :wall: :wall:

Anything else still worth getting doubles of?

Edit: I wonder if anyone got multiple runecrafting pouches

Sleep on...fly on.

In your mind, you can fly.

Gigatiran.png

Went to the fishing shop near Duradel.Bought out the feather/bait stock then I timed the time it took for another bait/feather to appear.Well what do you know......45 seconds.That's 80 items/hour(these 2 atleast).Bs sir.It's becoming more annoying as time passes to play this game.

I love this update so far; everything looks great (for the most part). :thumbup:

As a Crewbie, though, the slight graphical changes made to all of the items ingame will be a nightmare, as our items database may now be completely outdated. :cry:

Also, I wish Jagex hadn't reduced the prices of the TB rewards so dramatically. I spent quite a bit of time playing the minigame in the past, but now anyone can purchase even the upper-level rewards (the phasmatys flag, for example) after only a few games. I wouldn't have particularly cared if the prices had been reduced by a reasonable amount, but the current prices are 1/10th of what they were previously. I really don't even know what to say... :|

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

I love this update so far; everything looks great (for the most part). :thumbup:

As a Crewbie, though, the slight graphical changes made to all of the items ingame will be a nightmare, as our items database may now be completely outdated. :cry:

Also, I wish Jagex hadn't reduced the prices of the TB rewards so dramatically. I spent quite a bit of time playing the minigame in the past, but now anyone can purchase even the upper-level rewards (the phasmatys flag, for example) after only a few games. I wouldn't have particularly cared if the prices had been reduced by a reasonable amount, but the current prices are 1/10th of what they were previously. I really don't even know what to say... :|

What's that about the TB items? I read the minigame section of the notes and didn't see it. Spent some time there yesterday getting some mroe outfit peices. I can't say wether i'm happy or not if the prices are 1/10th what they were previously. I calculated it would take me 514 games at a rate of at least 70 POE per game to complete my goal there. That single handedly made me want to quit my goal. But on the other hand, i spend quite a while there getting what few items i already have.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I could understand your pain there, but honestly I'm very thankful, I got rid of purple naval outfit years ago and regretted it but couldn't cope with having to play through that minigame again, managed to get about 235 POE, and thankfully I kept them! Managed to get the black naval shirt and trousers, and only 15 POE away from the hat!

Dark_Jab.png

Not really. Close buttons and visually the same result in your invent.

A good update, the game engine will be great for future updates and my HD doesn't lag anywhere anymore, not even GE :thumbsup:

The auto-casting function will be helpful, shame you still need staffs to cast God spells (time to get Void mace for magic damage bonus i think ;) )

Only negative part about this is the shops, I brought out two stores to get enough bloods to learn Claws of Guthix at Mage Arena :wall: at least I have all god spells unlocked now.

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

For those wondering, I believe the TB nerf was a hidden update meant to coincide with the main update, since I can't find the change being mentioned anywhere either.

troublebrewingshop.gif :|

At least I'll be able to buy "the stuff" ridiculously cheaply now, I suppose. I enjoy brewing; it's a bit strange, I know.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png