09-Sep-09 Dwarf Quest + patch notes

Toad

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do dwarves and quests released in 2009 have in common?

They're all super short. :wall:

Ba-doonch.

In other news, according to the Knowledge Base article, level 48 Chaos Dwarves are "twice as likely to drop an axe." :ohnoes:

td2sig.jpg

'The famed dragon pickaxe can also be found by killing chaos dwarves here. It will only be obtained by the most patient and persistent of chaos dwarf fighters, but it is worth it: the dragon pickaxe has a potent special attack and is the highest level pickaxe currently in the game.'

Obviously means they are rare, but does it mean they can be found on the regular chaos dwarves here too?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

'The famed dragon pickaxe can also be found by killing chaos dwarves here. It will only be obtained by the most patient and persistent of chaos dwarf fighters, but it is worth it: the dragon pickaxe has a potent special attack and is the highest level pickaxe currently in the game.'

Obviously means they are rare, but does it mean they can be found on the regular chaos dwarves here too?

According to the info on the monsters "Chaos dwarves have twice the chance of dropping an axe." I suppose they mean "pickaxe."

td2sig.jpg

I was really getting into the quest, Veldaban was giving up this commandership, then I saw the quest complete screen and I went FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I know what you mean...

The quest came up a litle.. Short.

Over all a interesting 20 min breaking from woodcutting :)

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

According to the info on the monsters "Chaos dwarves have twice the chance of dropping an axe." I suppose they mean "pickaxe."

full quote:

Chaos Dwarf (Level 48)

Chaos dwarves like causing chaos! They are more belligerent than the Drunken Dwarf, and twice as likely to carry an axe. The chaos dwarves of Keldagrim have a slightly different origin from those in the Wilderness.

means twice as likely to carry an axe then the drunken dwarf, not a dragon pickaxe. i wish

I've been killing the regular chaos dwarves along with cannoneers now for about half an hour, they seem to have almost identical drops, even the same numbers of coins, except the regular chaos dwarves don't drop cannon items.

So it could be that they do drop pickaxes.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

I've been killing the regular chaos dwarves along with cannoneers now for about half an hour, they seem to have almost identical drops, even the same numbers of coins, except the regular chaos dwarves don't drop cannon items.

So it could be that they do drop pickaxes.

It's a confirmed dropper of the pickaxe, so it's more profitable to kill the cannoneers although they hit harder the loot is better.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

This is the level 48 chaos dwarves not the cannoneers smelly. Although both seem to have identical drops apart from the cannons and shots.

zqXeV.jpg

This is the level 48 chaos dwarves not the cannoneers smelly. Although both seem to have identical drops apart from the cannons and shots.

Cannoning Chaos Dwarves in the Tav Dungeon would probably be the fastest way to get the pickaxe then, if they do in fact drop it.

But then, the KB says they are different to the wilderness chaos dwarves, so they are probably different to those ones too.

The saying "Don't knock it 'till you try it" comes into my mind right now ;)

But yeah; people could try to kill them though i would say they woudn't drop them; as im guessing it's the higher leveled chaos things in that battlefield that would drop it.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

If the chaos dwarves and dwogres drop dragon pickaxes... does that mean the red axe have dragon pickaxes? :P

It means The Red Axe have a form of axe that is Red

So Green Gemstone must have Emeralds =O

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If the chaos dwarves and dwogres drop dragon pickaxes... does that mean the red axe have dragon pickaxes? :P

Maybe that is why they are called the red ax? :lol:

dragon=red colored

edit: haha, great minds think alike. I wonder if we could work out the major comidity of each company by the name?

Anyone else wondering whats the connection between Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf and Between a Rock...?

I was thinking about it and it makes no sense as not of the characters cross over :| and nothing you've done on Between a Rock... affects the plot, characters or even the locations used.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Maybe that is why they are called the red ax? :lol:

dragon=red colored

edit: haha, great minds think alike. I wonder if we could work out the major comidity of each company by the name?

Well red Axe d pick

Green gemtsone emerald

Yellow fortune gold

Brown engine iron

Blue opal opals

And i cant member the others names

Also post quest if you to the north mine it has a guard who lets u in/refuses access. Dialogue says Donkadon(sp?) bought the mine after making his fortune from breaking the gold rock and after hearing how ur saved the city is eltting u use it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I was really getting into the quest, Veldaban was giving up this commandership, then I saw the quest complete screen and I went FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Exactly, the quest itself was going fine. It may have been light on details, but the first 20 minutes of quests tend to be the setup. It just seemed to end halfway through. I understand that this was part of a series, but each part should still have its own climax and resolution. This quest didn't have that. In my opinion neither did The Chosen Commander. I really have to agree that the quests released this year have been sorely lacking in the quality provided by some of the older ones.

Quests are what I play the game for, I love the storylines and feeling that there is a purpose to what I'm doing rather than grinding for levels or money. To be honest this quest took me less time to complete than raising the 3 firemaking levels i needed to complete it. I'm just not satisfied with a quest I can finish in 20 minutes. Give me a quest that gives a detailed story, with some good puzzles and a decent boss, and make it take an hour or more to complete, and I'll be happy.

@JoeDaStudd - The area where you put out the fire and go into the cave is only accessible after completing between a rock. That cave is right next to the one from this quest. (if I'm not mistaken.)

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Exactly, the quest itself was going fine. It may have been light on details, but the first 20 minutes of quests tend to be the setup. It just seemed to end halfway through. I understand that this was part of a series, but each part should still have its own climax and resolution. This quest didn't have that. In my opinion neither did The Chosen Commander. I really have to agree that the quests released this year have been sorely lacking in the quality provided by some of the older ones.

Quests are what I play the game for, I love the storylines and feeling that there is a purpose to what I'm doing rather than grinding for levels or money. To be honest this quest took me less time to complete than raising the 3 firemaking levels i needed to complete it. I'm just not satisfied with a quest I can finish in 20 minutes. Give me a quest that gives a detailed story, with some good puzzles and a decent boss, and make it take an hour or more to complete, and I'll be happy.

@JoeDaStudd - The area where you put out the fire and go into the cave is only accessible after completing between a rock. That cave is right next to the one from this quest. (if I'm not mistaken.)

Wrong

the cave is south of that. The cave from between a rock is directly west from the guard tower area, not south then west.

As I said

Also post quest if you to the north mine it has a guard who lets u in/refuses access. Dialogue says Donkadon(sp?) bought the mine after making his fortune from breaking the gold rock and after hearing how ur saved the city is eltting u use it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Wrong

the cave is south of that. The cave from between a rock is directly west from the guard tower area, not south then west.

As I said

Hmm, makes sense. I just remember the cave with the cannonballs is directly north of the new cave so I assumed you couldn't get to it without doing between a rock

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Wrong

As I said

Why would they even need to do that? They could just say that the Consortium owns and, for bringing up a potential danger to their attention, they're allowing you to use it.

Furthermore, Dondaken already owns a mine full of more gold than you could find in any two lesser mines put together. Why would he want another?

I think this was just an attempt by John to bulk up the quest requirements.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Why would they even need to do that? They could just say that the Consortium owns and, for bringing up a potential danger to their attention, they're allowing you to use it.

Furthermore, Dondaken already owns a mine full of more gold than you could find in any two lesser mines put together. Why would he want another?

I think it's an attempt to make sure you do that quest now as it'll probably be required for a later quest in the series. Plus, the consortium is much too greedy to let us use their private mine.
Flyingjj.png

I think it's an attempt to make sure you do that quest now as it'll probably be required for a later quest in the series. Plus, the consortium is much too greedy to let us use their private mine.
Well, they could tie it in later and just have your company own the mine then. For your continuing services as a valued member, they'll allow you access.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Dear Guthix! Look at the new KB article!

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/cha ... attlefield

Apparently, Dwogres do NOT drop the Dragon Pickaxe! Apparently, it's the Chaos Dwarves that do! All that work! :lol:

This MAY mean that it's the lv 48s that noone cared about that were dropping them!

Good find!! although the dwogres may be grouped into

The famed dragon pickaxe can also be found by killing chaos dwarves here. It will only be obtained by the most patient and persistent of chaos dwarf fighters, but it is worth it: the dragon pickaxe has a potent special attack and is the highest level pickaxe currently in the game.

because they are a mxture of the chaos dwarves and ogres.

but im gonna go on a lvl 48 chaos dwarf killing spree.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:56 pm

woot!!! just got my d pick from a level 48 chaos dwarf in the the dwarvern battlefield!!

EDIT: woops wrong qoute, thats a quote from the dragon pick thread

Anyone else wondering whats the connection between Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf and Between a Rock...?

I was thinking about it and it makes no sense as not of the characters cross over :| and nothing you've done on Between a Rock... affects the plot, characters or even the locations used.

When your with veldanban tryignto get to the cave, the dwarven boater/ferryman ask veldanban if he's going to the mines to visit is father. Maybe valdanban's father is the dwarf with expensive balls?