09-Sep-09 Dwarf Quest + patch notes

Toad

Only thing I'm disappointed about is that the pickaxe doesn't have the quest completion as a requirement to us it.

We should come to expect as much. None of the Dragon items since the ones available in classic have required a quest to be completed.

Gotta do this quest but I have a paper to finish by friday and I have yet to start. #-o

Same deal, but it's due tomorrow. :wall:

about the muddy key if they made the mith bar, mith dagger and anchovy pizza all into bank notes so you could turn in 25 or more keys at once it wouldnt be so bad. But until they do that or unless they changed whats in the chest its a waste of time to go out there 6 keys at a time.

The Muddy Chest is outdated. I don't think they would even bother to do so. Just drop the keys, it's what I've been doing.

Has anyone been to the chest to see if its been changed? It seems pointless to make a muddy key a drop for a new monster if its still the same crap in there from 7 years ago....

Possibly there's a chance to get the pick from the chest?

I haven't done the quest but from some of the pictures I've seen that there are normal looking Chaos Dwarves in the same cavern, which have always dropped Muddy Keys. In fact, it's kind of their trademark drop, since you can't get them from anywhere else (except implings?).

That said, if these new monsters are also supposed to be Chaos Dwarves, wouldn't it make sense?

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was personally once again disappointed by Mod John A's attempt at making a quest. I felt he dropped the ball on the dorgeshuun finisher, and I don't think he did any better on this one. The rewards were quite good, however the quest really was just filler. It was devoid of suspense and lacked a concrete climax. It really didn't answer any questions, and it really didn't raise any new ones either. It looked good and had good rewards, otherwise it was totally unremarkable.

quest was just a filler? I think he did brilliant work. he both continued with the obvious line of finding out the mysteries place we forgot and what happends there, but the main addition to this plot that time is Hilda, the chaos dwarf that we killed in the start of the quest, and helped us getting back there, while we found out how commander veldabian (sp?) was connected to her.

furthemore, we get to know about earlier war between the dwarfes and trolls, about glim(something) who get crazy at middle of content and disapearing - joining the red axe. I'm sure we're going to find out what happend to him on that battle on the 4th part.

want_a_box.png

I guess I was just a little disappointed in how little we actually had to do in that quest.

While the information was more than enlightening, it seemed to me like it was just a story being told to us, with little player-involvement. And especially with all the built-up hype with the Diaries and all, I'd classify this quest as a letdown.

What, how long did they spend on this, a month?

Granted, JaGex usually doesn't give us this time frame, and they might spend just as much time on all the other quests, but this seemed, well, sad, to put it plainly.

Ah well.

2vlwv1v.png

I basicly called this 7 months ago.

I remember having a discussion about new dragon weapons in the lightning chat... Or maybe it was fsm... Anyways it was about 2 years ago now and I was the only one that said dragon claws... EVERYONE flamed me or something like that

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

I was personally once again disappointed by Mod John A's attempt at making a quest. I felt he dropped the ball on the dorgeshuun finisher, and I don't think he did any better on this one. The rewards were quite good, however the quest really was just filler. It was devoid of suspense and lacked a concrete climax. It really didn't answer any questions, and it really didn't raise any new ones either. It looked good and had good rewards, otherwise it was totally unremarkable.

quest was just a filler? I think he did brilliant work. he both continued with the obvious line of finding out the mysteries place we forgot and what happends there, but the main addition to this plot that time is Hilda, the chaos dwarf that we killed in the start of the quest, and helped us getting back there, while we found out how commander veldabian (sp?) was connected to her.

furthemore, we get to know about earlier war between the dwarfes and trolls, about glim(something) who get crazy at middle of content and disapearing - joining the red axe. I'm sure we're going to find out what happend to him on that battle on the 4th part.

The ONLY addition to the story was Hilda. Most of that information wasn't in the quest, so I assume you read the Lores and Histories post associated with it. I haven't done that. While I'm sure it's enlightening and furthers the story much more, that in and of itself is separate from the quest, and i was referring to the information given by the quest itself. Let's take a look at the content itself shall we?

we learned that they're creating chaos dwarves with the help of a gnome and a Dwogre. While this is interesting it's not really anything we hadn't worked out for ourselves already.

We learned that Veldaban had also been there and had his memory wiped, as well as his ladyfriend taken and made into a chaos Dwarf. Great but as far as I'm concerned this is really just what my 8th grade english teacher liked to refer to as fluff. It's information that really isn't necessary but is thrown in to fill space.

There was one puzzle which took maybe five minutes to complete and required only a bit of trial and error.

There was no boss fight, and really only one "creep" as it were, that we were forced to kill.

It was shorter and revealed less than any of the previous dwarf quests. Now that it's completed we really don't have any more insight that we did before. Certainly our character has rediscovered what he or she knew before his or her memory was wiped, but as we are not our characters, and our memories could not possibly be wiped, it didn't further the story in our own minds.

In the end we're still at the exact same point that we were at the end of the last quest. We know the Red Axe is leading an army of chaos dwarves. We still don't know what their intention is. We already knew gnomes and ogres(now classed as dwogres) were involved.

Honestly the only new information outside of the fact that the Red Axe is making normal dwarves into chaos dwarves, is pure fluff. it's like reading a book and 3/4 through, the writer decides to stop and add an insert to say, "oh yeh by the way this guy's girlfriend is now working as a double agent but he forgot that and the main character killed her by accident so that they could stumble onto the bad guy's master plan. I can't tell you what the master plan is though, but if you read seven more chapters then you'll find out, so keep reading mmk?" Then you realize that the book ends there and that the author is still working on writing the next part.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

We should come to expect as much. None of the Dragon items since the ones available in classic have required a quest to be completed.

Someone has forgotten Monkey Madness I suspect.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Did Monkey Madness come out during runescape classic?

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

I too am sick of noobs being able to wield weapons without completing the quests...

:thumbdown:

D axe and d pickaxe are more tools then weapons.

The only recent dragon weapon which in my eye may have needed a quest requirement would have been d claws.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Did Monkey Madness come out during runescape classic?

No, it came out during RS2. And you also needed to do Regicide to wield a Dragon Halberd.

I too am sick of noobs being able to wield weapons without completing the quests...

:thumbdown:

D axe and d pickaxe are more tools then weapons.

The only recent dragon weapon which in my eye may have needed a quest requirement would have been d claws.

It definitely needed a quest requirement in my opinion. I also kinda wanted the D2H to also have a quest requirement, guess I'm just old fashioned when it comes to dragon weapons. :lol:

Dark_Jab.png

It definitely needed a quest requirement in my opinion. I also kinda wanted the D2H to also have a quest requirement, guess I'm just old fashioned when it comes to dragon weapons. :lol:

The thing is that all dragon weapons that have a quest requirement are because they are buy able in a shop after completion, which was part of the quest reward.

All the other dragon items are from drops. Which i think is fair because spending hours/days/months/years for a drop, if it was only exclusive to those who have done the quest surly the demand for such item would be lower making less return on your time if you decide to sell.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

The ONLY addition to the story was Hilda. Most of that information wasn't in the quest, so I assume you read the Lores and Histories post associated with it. I haven't done that. While I'm sure it's enlightening and furthers the story much more, that in and of itself is separate from the quest, and i was referring to the information given by the quest itself. Let's take a look at the content itself shall we?

we learned that they're creating chaos dwarves with the help of a gnome and a Dwogre. While this is interesting it's not really anything we hadn't worked out for ourselves already.

We learned that Veldaban had also been there and had his memory wiped, as well as his ladyfriend taken and made into a chaos Dwarf. Great but as far as I'm concerned this is really just what my 8th grade english teacher liked to refer to as fluff. It's information that really isn't necessary but is thrown in to fill space.

There was one puzzle which took maybe five minutes to complete and required only a bit of trial and error.

There was no boss fight, and really only one "creep" as it were, that we were forced to kill.

It was shorter and revealed less than any of the previous dwarf quests. Now that it's completed we really don't have any more insight that we did before. Certainly our character has rediscovered what he or she knew before his or her memory was wiped, but as we are not our characters, and our memories could not possibly be wiped, it didn't further the story in our own minds.

In the end we're still at the exact same point that we were at the end of the last quest. We know the Red Axe is leading an army of chaos dwarves. We still don't know what their intention is. We already knew gnomes and ogres(now classed as dwogres) were involved.

Honestly the only new information outside of the fact that the Red Axe is making normal dwarves into chaos dwarves, is pure fluff. it's like reading a book and 3/4 through, the writer decides to stop and add an insert to say, "oh yeh by the way this guy's girlfriend is now working as a double agent but he forgot that and the main character killed her by accident so that they could stumble onto the bad guy's master plan. I can't tell you what the master plan is though, but if you read seven more chapters then you'll find out, so keep reading mmk?" Then you realize that the book ends there and that the author is still working on writing the next part.

first, nope, I'm ashamed I don't have time to, but I've never read any lores and histories article. I simply have no time. but back to the point, I found all that out from the quest, yes, it is in there. if you just clicked on the most obvious option to pass asap the quest, then sure you wouldn't notice few things on the way, right?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the commander in the troll wars that joined the red axe and turned hilda....veldaban told about him around the part you talked with him in the pub. I'll repeat as many as my memory can, but maybe somebody will be nice to save this chat and post here? anyways:

veldaban told our avatar that there was before a big war with trolls trying to control keldagrim. that commander name started with g (my name memory fails -.- ) was the leader of the black dwarf army, and while he fought a troll general, he got hitted or something alike but became very angry, and started hitting anybody around him. veldaban ordered catch him to cause no more harm, and after the war he got his job as he have today (well, at least till the end of the quest). he said little after the war was over, the "g" commander disappeared and nobody since then ever saw him. and that's the guy we meet later, the guy that apparently turn Hilda into a chaos dwarf. that's what I remember at least.

I do agree with you boss fight was missing, puzzle was barely ok. I also agree about the "cut in the middle" stage, that wasn't at previews red-axe series... :|

want_a_box.png

Commander Grimsson was his name if im not mistaken.

While Guthix Sleeps was a long quest, and it ends in Lucien escaping with the stone of Jas.

After that, we see the DragonKin plotting, then it ends.

For me, that was exactly like how you are describing the ending of this quest.

I want to follow Lucien and get the stone back.

I also want to get back into the area where The Red axe and glouphrie are turning dwarves into chaos dwarves.

By your logic about the ending, I see no difference between those two endings.

While Guthix Sleeps was a long quest, and it ends in Lucien escaping with the stone of Jas.

I also want to get back into the area where The Red axe and glouphrie are turning dwarves into chaos dwarves.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, WGS introduces all new info. Who knew about the Stone of Jas before hand? Sure, we get a little hint in a couple of other quests, but nothing substantial. We now know that the Dragonkin still exist and are planning something big. We learn the (possible) origins of Saradomin, how he rose to power. And that's just what I've heard about and can remember not having done the quest. Forgiveness just shows us what we already know and has us prove it to the Consortium.

Aside from that, we also have several strong puzzles, a boss fight, and several cinematic scenes. Sure, you have some cutscenes in Forgiveness, but there's only one easy puzzle, no boss fight, and it's another twenty minute quest.

How are they the same again?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

But, correct me if I'm wrong, WGS introduces all new info. Who knew about the Stone of Jas before hand? Sure, we get a little hint in a couple of other quests, but nothing substantial. We now know that the Dragonkin still exist and are planning something big. We learn the (possible) origins of Saradomin, how he rose to power. And that's just what I've heard about and can remember not having done the quest. Forgiveness just shows us what we already know and has us prove it to the Consortium.

Aside from that, we also have several strong puzzles, a boss fight, and several cinematic scenes. Sure, you have some cutscenes in Forgiveness, but there's only one easy puzzle, no boss fight, and it's another twenty minute quest.

Well in this quest we learnt that Red Axe are turning Dwarves into Chaos Dwarves with help from Gnomes and and Orges

We learnt the consortium doesn't really care as long as it doesn't effect the rich half of the city

We learnt the ogre memory charms can be broken

Also wgs introduces hardly anything new. Anyone who knows their rs history knows that 90% of the stone of Jas stuff was jsut restating stuff from other sources. Equally the cutscene people continually try to call Saradomin is clearly (based on the name) Fremmenik who found the stone and learnt magic and thus created the lunar tribe. A story we already knew. I'm even fairly certain we already knew the dragonkin were still about from cutscenes in another quest.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Am I the only one who completely missed the point of the name of the quest?

Maybe because Veldaban forgave you for killing his girlfriend or whatever. But nevertheless, the name doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Well in this quest we learnt that Red Axe are turning Dwarves into Chaos Dwarves with help from Gnomes and and Orges

We learnt the consortium doesn't really care as long as it doesn't effect the rich half of the city

We learnt the ogre memory charms can be broken

Also wgs introduces hardly anything new. Anyone who knows their rs history knows that 90% of the stone of Jas stuff was jsut restating stuff from other sources. Equally the cutscene people continually try to call Saradomin is clearly (based on the name) Fremmenik who found the stone and learnt magic and thus created the lunar tribe. A story we already knew. I'm even fairly certain we already knew the dragonkin were still about from cutscenes in another quest.

Wait... in Drunken Dwarf, we saw the gnome, who mentioned Aprosandra, talking with the dwarves. He makes it known that they are producing the chaos dwarves. And it's kinda obvious the consortium only cares about the rich. The rich are in control of the consortium, right? They run the companies. And, as such, only what affects them, or their wallets, matters. It's not something you really need to be told. And the Ogre memory charm... well, that's interesting, but we could infer that eventually our memory would be restored, one way or another.

And what sources? Lore? Quests? Cite them.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

To lazy to quote all that "fluff" above..

But you have to also consider we are only halfway into the storyline. So it was an easy quest? So what. Not everyquest in a storyline is going to get sigificantly harder as the story continues.

Even in a book, there are periods of "downtime" in which not much exciting happens to perhaps set up the plot for a later period in the book. This is all that is happening in this quest. Its a set-up for more quests down the line.

Could they skip this quest as just combine the setup with the next quest? Sure, but thats not how the author wanted it.

Ignore the puzzles, and the rewards. Quests are about the storyline and the advancing plot, while puzzles and rewards are simply a by-product of those plotlines. This quest provided a fair amount of content to further prove past ideas which were just speculation, and added in some small backstory as well as advancing some plotlines. Not alot physically happened, but quite a bit was set up in the plot for future quests.

Just remember this quest is meant to be played in the full series. Something that may seam un-important to us in the quest now, might be vital information when the quest series is wrapping up.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Am I the only one who completely missed the point of the name of the quest?

Maybe because Veldaban forgave you for killing his girlfriend or whatever. But nevertheless, the name doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I think she thought that Veld would kill her, so she left the note. And since she's a Chaos Dwarf, and it's Veldaban's fault that she turned into a CD/got killed, she says I forgive you. Hence the name. :geek:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

To lazy to quote all that "fluff" above..

But you have to also consider we are only halfway into the storyline. So it was an easy quest? So what. Not everyquest in a storyline is going to get sigificantly harder as the story continues.

Even in a book, there are periods of "downtime" in which not much exciting happens to perhaps set up the plot for a later period in the book. This is all that is happening in this quest. Its a set-up for more quests down the line.

Could they skip this quest as just combine the setup with the next quest? Sure, but thats not how the author wanted it.

Ignore the puzzles, and the rewards. Quests are about the storyline and the advancing plot, while puzzles and rewards are simply a by-product of those plotlines. This quest provided a fair amount of content to further prove past ideas which were just speculation, and added in some small backstory as well as advancing some plotlines. Not alot physically happened, but quite a bit was set up in the plot for future quests.

Just remember this quest is meant to be played in the full series. Something that may seam un-important to us in the quest now, might be vital information when the quest series is wrapping up.

No, we're not even talking about rewards here. We're talking about the quest. It was short, it was easy, and it was fluff.

Quests are not just about lore, anyway. They're also about difficulty, reward, and time spent. A quest with lots of lore and nothing to do is just not fun.

Furthermore, none of what was revealed was speculation beforehand. When a gnome says that he, through the city of Arponsadra, has the next shipment of chaos dwarves ready, it's kinda obvious some gnomes are creating the dwarven army, even moreso when you do any of the Glouphrie quests. And, yes, some stuff was set up for the future, but we're talking about NOW. Not then. Now. This quest. The one that got an ungodly number of diaries and a new lore in the knowledge base. The filler quest that has strangely good rewards, considering what the Dorgeshshun capstone quest received.

There just setting the grounds for a super quest maybe quest 200. They've brought together gnomes, orges, dwarfs, sea-slugs and penguins. Only races left are elfs, fairies, goblins and apes.

Look at RfD (apes, orges, dwarfs, goblins and humans) it did the same although there was no real back story which is what there trying to achieve from this.

In truth it looks like this is shaping up to be one massive quest on a greater scale then RfD.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

They are NOT going to be bringing all the quests together for a "super quest". Even Jagex wouldn't make something so monumentally stupid, crap, rubbish and LAME. I don't see why people are so fascinated with vain attempts to link quests in Runescape together. It's turning into Vampyres sending the Elves Daeyalt Ore all over again.. :wall:

asrhasrh.jpg