09-Sep-09 Dwarf Quest + patch notes

Toad

So is the battlefield pretty easy to kill things in? I haven't done the quest yet but from what I've seen it doesn't seem too hard..?

Well atm its not very hard because there so many people, basicly all npc's die within a few second. But if you're alone there I think they can do some serious damage.

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give up.

There absolutely no way I can beat 138s with supersonic-speed whips and like +100 Strength bonus on killing Dwogres.

I just hope the commotion dies out so I can DIY the Pickaxe soon.

Yeah, I'll take this seriously in a few more weeks so I can get myself a handcannon and a pickaxe, it's just a wonder how greedy everybody is, go back to TD's they're much more profitable. :wall:

So is the battlefield pretty easy to kill things in? I haven't done the quest yet but from what I've seen it doesn't seem too hard..?

Well atm its not very hard because there so many people, basicly all npc's die within a few second. But if you're alone there I think they can do some serious damage.

Amen to this I went in the room ALONE as I was one of the first to beat this quest on w 77 atleast.

I got hit for a multitude of small hits, then a 38 and a 27 and a final few hits to make me die.

The trick seems to be to stay towards the mid/east area so tht u dont get piled by too many of them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Amen to this I went in the room ALONE as I was one of the first to beat this quest on w 77 atleast.

I got hit for a multitude of small hits, then a 38 and a 27 and a final few hits to make me die.

The trick seems to be to stay towards the mid/east area so tht u dont get piled by too many of them.

That's pretty cool if it's something that can't be easily solo'd

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

So, multicombat area, eh?

Are combat familiars or support familiars more useful?

At this moment I would say Cannon + Best fighting familair you can (Steel Titan). When it cools down a bit I think I would go for the Unicorn though.

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

Can anyone say how much dragon pickaxe is better compared to adze?

I'd take a stab in the dark at 10%

I would hope Jagex bumps the stats of the Adze up to that of a dragon pick. After all why be dragon hatchet but only rune pick?

Maybe they are waiting for the rush to die down first.

I certainly won't be getting a dragon pick.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Ehm, why did the quest end halfway? What happened to quests that actually had an ending? It's just like with the Curse of Arrav quest, it ended halfway. In the end a NPC tells you to wait until he needs you again. What kind of a lame ending is that?

It's like reading a book and halfway the books stops and tells you to wait until the next book is released to find out about the rest of the story.

How about JaGeX makes real quests that take longer than 20 minutes to do and actually have a complete story on their own.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Does anyone know what those muddy keys do ?

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Ehm, why did the quest end halfway? What happened to quests that actually had an ending? It's just like with the Curse of Arrav quest, it ended halfway. In the end a NPC tells you to wait until he needs you again. What kind of a lame ending is that?

It's like reading a book and halfway the books stops and tells you to wait until the next book is released to find out about the rest of the story.

How about JaGeX makes real quests that take longer than 20 minutes to do and actually have a complete story on their own.

Uhm...yea, it's kind of the 3rd part in a 5-part series.... it's not supposed to have an ending...

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I would hope Jagex bumps the stats of the Adze up to that of a dragon pick. After all why be dragon hatchet but only rune pick?

If ever, I'd prefer they'd wait a year or so. Because, at the moment, I feel having a Dragon pickaxe is more of an achievement than an Inferno Adze.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Uhm...yea, it's kind of the 3rd part in a 5-part series.... it's not supposed to have an ending...

It's supposed to be a part of a storyline but the quest itself should still have it's own 'mini-story' so to say. Quest in a series of quests should have a good ending which actually gives some closure to a certain part of the story and still have something to look forward to. I don't have the feeling that I've actually completed something although the reward message clearly thinks otherwise.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

If ever, I'd prefer they'd wait a year or so. Because, at the moment, I feel having a Dragon pickaxe is more of an achievement than an Inferno Adze.

At the moment, the next moment you could buy one and have it.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

It's supposed to be a part of a storyline but the quest itself should still have it's own 'mini-story' so to say. Quest in a series of quests should have a good ending which actually gives some closure to a certain part of the story and still have something to look forward to. I don't have the feeling that I've actually completed something although the reward message clearly thinks otherwise.

You have completed something.

you have FINALLY proved the red axe are up to no good and made the consortium take some heed of it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wow, I just had a crazy thought. If the long awaited dragon pickaxe is the reward for 3 quest in the series of 5 (or whatever), what reward will the grand master final quest have? How are they doing to top the relase of the epic pickaxe... or is it all down hill, reward wise, from here?

Could be better training for other things in the future.....plus we haven't seen any updates to smithing in a while. Also, they could unlock higher grade cannonballs. Although that might be a little overkill, unless they make them really disappointing. (They would, however, be pretty expensive.) Also, a dragon warhammer doesn't exist yet.

From what it looks like, the gnome and dwarf quests are about to merge, so from that perspective, the rewards could turn out to be entirely different from what we should be expecting.

Just be grateful that they already gave up the mining and pick rewards instead of making you wait a year or so to get to the last quest to get them. And the area that you get the new gear in seems fairly dangerous so it's not like anybody can just stroll in unprepared (aside from the area being so overcrowded right now that it doesn't matter).

8f14270694.jpg

about the muddy key if they made the mith bar, mith dagger and anchovy pizza all into bank notes so you could turn in 25 or more keys at once it wouldnt be so bad. But until they do that or unless they changed whats in the chest its a waste of time to go out there 6 keys at a time.

The Muddy Chest is outdated. I don't think they would even bother to do so. Just drop the keys, it's what I've been doing.