RuneScape Content's Answers by Mod Fetzki 10-Sep-2009

Bauke

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Og Gangsta66 asks:

Will the next GrandMaster quest have requirements that make it this grade (as you did with Curse of Arrav, where the requirements made it a Master quest), or will the gameplay and the puzzels itself base it on its GrandMaster grade?

Mod Mark: We are planning the next Grandmaster quest to have several level 80 requirements. I know to some people that is still low-level, but over the last year we have raised our top quest requirements significantly, and will continue to do so over the next year.

<3:

cliffside1ra5.png

I didnt notice it said 'several' before. I just presumed read it saying it will have an 80ish requirement. Dang its ganna have several. Thats like freaky and unheard of. My eyes didnt process it.

Everyone better get 80 cooking and fletching quick! The ultimate quest is in developement.

I hope its good. I dont think many people have gripes with a level 80 requirement being low as its just unheard of anyway that I take whatever I can get for a quest above 20.

Yay jagex yay. I luv thee.

Dragon warhammers are probably going to have crappy attack stats with a good special, like dragon claws, perhaps released with the next grandmaster quest? :twss:

edit: I really hope summoning will be one of the 80s.. more time to stall for meeting the requirements when they come out.. highly doubt it though :/

Dragon warhammers are probably going to have crappy attack stats with a good special, like dragon claws, perhaps released with the next grandmaster quest? :twss:

edit: I really hope summoning will be one of the 80s.. more time to stall for meeting the requirements when they come out.. highly doubt it though :/

all im hoping for is that it will be better than a whip against dragons, that would be awesome :D

Lord_Beloved.png

It's nice to get some real answers, but I get the feeling that the stuff being talked about is either a. in early development or b. in the planning stages.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

This all looks very intresting. I only skimmed through it. I will give a full read once I am done with my homework ::'

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

yeas please! IO applaud jagex for an amazing q/a, this was very long and indepth. it did not beat around the bush, i am really amazed!

with these great updates comming out i have no chance in finishing my uni degree :P

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

A very good read. Took me forever to finish it - and I'm somewhat of a speed reader. Almost made me late for a job interview. :D

I'm very excited for the prayer updates and level 99 ( :shock: )armor and weapons.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

If the actual ammount of Barrows trips Mark has made is seriously ~50, it makes me concerned for how much the developers actually play this game. 50 trips is like a day of playing Barrows.

The rest of the article sounded pretty good though. I expected to read a ton of "We have PLANS for....." or "We are THINKING about...." but there was a surprising ammount of "We are in the development stages of....."

Which is a good sign, because to go from coming up with ideas to making them takes a good couple months, and these Q&As usually leave me feeling like "Oh the ideas sound nice, but I am pretty sure everything is over 6 months away." But this one leaves me hopeful for some good content that I will see within a few months.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

If the actual ammount of Barrows trips Mark has made is seriously ~50, it makes me concerned for how much the developers actually play this game. 50 trips is like a day of playing Barrows.

The rest of the article sounded pretty good though. I expected to read a ton of "We have PLANS for....." or "We are THINKING about...." but there was a surprising ammount of "We are in the development stages of....."

Which is a good sign, because to go from coming up with ideas to making them takes a good couple months, and these Q&As usually leave me feeling like "Oh the ideas sound nice, but I am pretty sure everything is over 6 months away." But this one leaves me hopeful for some good content that I will see within a few months.

Unfortunately, Mod Fetzki destroyed his/her credibility with this:

Leet103 asks:

This might seem a stupid question for a game, but how will you deal with the massive inflation in the game?

Mod Fetzki: I would be more careful in labelling what is going on with the RuneScape economy - its not simply inflation. Only certain items in the game get more expensive, including some rare items, but, overall, we see steady prices in most raw materials and some of the high prices are already coming down. Just look at the curve that the dragon chainbodys price has drawn over the last six months.

And to think, Fetzki is credited as the "head of RuneScape." Scary. :wall:

td2sig.jpg

I'll tell you that I haven't done 50 barrows trips and i've been playing before barrows, I want new content not changes to old mini-games :)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

[hide=My Opinions]

Mod Mark: We are planning the next Grandmaster quest to have several level 80 requirements. I know to some people that is still low-level, but over the last year we have raised our top quest requirements significantly, and will continue to do so over the next year

as long as its not something expensive like smithing, herblore, summoning or Prayer I think it'll be interesting.

Mod Mark: Honestly, its not the Sailing skill. That was a crazy rumour based on a picture of a mage on a dock, who apparently is sailing a ship. He isnt, and there is no Sailing skill. Interestingly, several of the team here at Jagex love sailing, so it did give us some cool ideas for the future. Oh, and the new skill is far better than sailing.

Shoot, they're onto us.

Mod Fetzki: Each of these storylines deserves to have top priority and it is a huge challenge, but we have made progress and one of the storylines you mention is nearing its completion. Others will continue to be updated for months and probably years to come. The dwarf quest series is the one we are currently focusing on (Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf was just released), but we are planning on new entries for all these storylines in the foreseeable future.

Finally, I might see whats the next upgrade to the Sea Slug Quest storyline / Temple Knights.

Mod Mark: Upgrading everything was not achievable in one year, and, frankly, defining a whole year as a year of upgrades was an overstatement. There are many things we are yet to upgrade that were right at the top of our list, like Duel Tournaments, Gnomeball and Barbarian Assault. We havent forgotten them.

Don't forget Castle Wars. That hasn't seen an update since 2002.

98monkey1 asks:

I consider this question to be RS content, so here it goes. I'll keep it short and simple.-Will the new tab be revealed by September? Thank you.

Mod Mark: Yes.

I give it 2 weeks before they either release it or "hit a snag"

Ady Inc asks:

Are you ever going to make an update to the bank so we can see our total value of the bank in 'gp'? Just like you can check how much you have in your full inventory, but maybe for the whole bank too!? If so, when? Also, could you link your bank value to the HiScores too? - since making money is a skill, it would be really nice if it had hiscores too. You could keep record of the highest value a person reached to make it easier if you don't want to update it each time since money goes up and down a lot... If your not going to do something like this, could you at least explain why you wouldn't?

Sounds like this guy just wants to brag about his Price Manipulation Earnings. :|

Lil Duck 99 asks:

Will Free To play Players get skillcapes? (Simple Question, Yes or No)

Mod Mark: No.

Dream Crusher.

Mod Mark:

Thats an idea Im never going to give up.

Im never going to let it down.

Im never going to turn around and desert it (in the dessert).

Glad to see you remember him in all his pre-Rickrolled glory. :)

I do believe we all just got Rick-Rolled.[/hide]

Appart from that I think its going to an interesting year.

@Myweponsg00d, you should try 149 dry trips. I almost went insane after my reward item was just karils x-bow.

Popoto.~<3

I don't understand why people think minigames need regular updates. Only if something is broken about it does anything actually need to be changed.

Castlewars definitely doesn't need an update. There are some people who play the game ONLY for castle wars. That means they must have done something right.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Treeman851 asks:

There are 3 possible skills coming out...

Music.

Animal Husbandry (Mounting, Riding, whatever you want to call it).

Necromancy.

Which one is it?

Mod Mark: Erm, what about the "Random Guessing" skill? I bet youd be great at that. :)

BURNED

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

3)Is it breaking any rule or can you get banned for "afk" training?

Mod Fetzki: We are working on a system that makes away with afk-ing.

I am not sure if I am excited or apprehensive about this, if it gets rid of my ability to browse forums/do homework at some training spots I will be pissed, but if this is a fix to bandits or striking then it is by all means appreciated. I guess I am just suspicious of their definition of "afk"-training, what behavior that allows such training, and how they would/will change it.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Villeh111 asks:

Will magic armour finally be effective melee defence ?

Mod Mark: Tough question. Magic "armour" is rarely tough and bulky, and comes with sparkly bits and soft flimsy robes. They traditionally offer little defence from the blade, relying on the spell-casting prowess of the wearer to soak up damage. Its more likely we would reinforce the damage prevention side of Magic rather than cover mages in armour; however, this is purely speculation and its really too early to tell.

Buffs Jagex. Have mages be able to cast personal buffs on their robes (only works on robes) that will reduce melee damage as long as they have a staff equipped to constantly maintain the spell. The spell must be recast every few minutes. There, mages can now hold their own against melee, not give any bonuses to melee fighters and still be weak to ranged. Ahh rebalancing the combat triangle huh? ::'

Treeman851 asks:

There are 3 possible skills coming out...

Music.

Animal Husbandry (Mounting, Riding, whatever you want to call it).

Necromancy.

Which one is it?

Mod Mark: Erm, what about the "Random Guessing" skill? I bet youd be great at that. :)

BURNED

Ha I was going to quote this one. Mod Mark really did lepwnzor this dude.

And I'm loving the new transparency Jagex is going with. Straightforward, honest answers (at least from Mod Mark and Fetzki).

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Mod Mark: Probably! Though the owners of such ore wouldnt be too happy about losing it, and we wouldnt like it much if they came looking for it...

Dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkin, dragonkinDRAGONKIN!!!! ahhhhh... *light cigarette*

Y_Z.png

Villeh111 asks:

Will magic armour finally be effective melee defence ?

Mod Mark: Tough question. Magic "armour" is rarely tough and bulky, and comes with sparkly bits and soft flimsy robes. They traditionally offer little defence from the blade, relying on the spell-casting prowess of the wearer to soak up damage. Its more likely we would reinforce the damage prevention side of Magic rather than cover mages in armour; however, this is purely speculation and its really too early to tell.

Buffs Jagex. Have mages be able to cast personal buffs on their robes (only works on robes) that will reduce melee damage as long as they have a staff equipped to constantly maintain the spell. The spell must be recast every few minutes. There, mages can now hold their own against melee, not give any bonuses to melee fighters and still be weak to ranged. Ahh rebalancing the combat triangle huh? ::'

Jagex is too daft to think of that on their own. :wall:

Seriously, Jagex needs to play some console RPGs to broaden their horizons on this kind of stuff.

td2sig.jpg