The last day of RuneScape

Romy

A day like any other day in your life, your browse through the forums, and then decide to play some RuneScape.

As usual, you check to see if there are any updates or anouncments.

The RuneScape front page:

"We got bored."

Curious and innocent you left click the title.

"We got bored. We want better games, and we want them now! RuneScape just does not have the same taste anymore and we decided to ditch it for good. We are terribly sorry for all the loyal players, some who have gone with us since day one- But it's the end of it. RuneScape will cease to exist in 3 days."

You are shocked. First you start thinking it's one of those cruel jokes Jagex sometimes make their players go through. Then you realize it's not April Fools and neither is there a reason for them to lie.

What would you do? Would you keep playing for 3 days? Would you instantly quit? Would you have a great drop party dropping every single item you've owned? Would you even care much? Would you even bother logging in for the last time?

For the more addicted of you, how bad will it affect your life?

(Disclaimer: Please do not discuss whether Jagex should or shouldn't do such a thing, this thread refers to a hypothetical situation in which this DOES happen. Also, refer to it as if you believe Jagex, as I know some of you wouldn't.)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be happy I'd done most things in the game, wouldnt be bothered really. The only way it'd affect my life is I'd probably work out twice as much per day, only good things would come from it :thumbup:

Edit ~ and a huge drop party.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

I would spend the three days saying goodbye to my friends in the game. I would take snapshots of my bank, my house, and my levels. I would then take one last walk through the world. The next day, I would look for a new game to play.

Spend all my cash on runes and Zuriel's and Barrage the hell out of PvP worlds. I'd tour my house one last time, maybe have a house party to end it all, and log out on my crystal throne.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I like the look of that game, but I'd prefer Runescape ;)

Personally, I'd log on as normal, finish getting the last of my goals if I can, and say bye to my friends, then quit the MMORPG gaming for good

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

I'd be rather bummed out even though I'm not playing quite as much at the moment. Runescape is a game I like to always come back to after breaks or just check up on every now and then and it holds my interest quite well. I'd also be disappointed I didnt get to see the end of the quest lines.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

i Would go in Lumbridge forest and listen the "dream" song. :thumbup:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Take pictures of my stuff, levels, etc. Then play some Castle Wars and other mini-games and take pictures of that. A long, last walk through RuneScape and I'll log out forever.

Even though I don't play RuneScape anymore, it would be really sad to see it go. How ironic this may sound, RuneScape led to so many great things in my life. And it was a hell of a fun game too. It's always glad to see it still operating in case I want to go back. ::'

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'd do nothing special.

I think I would just play as normal for the last 3 days.

Then just log out and try something else or maybe not.

Who knows.

I'd still want to be a member of TIF though. :)

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

Steal the code, open a private server, charge money for members.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I'd make a new account and try to relive the first few days I played, do some quests ect.

Then I'd probably take some pictures, make some videos and try to see if some of my friends want to keep in touch

What a depressing topic :?

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009