Thinking outside the box with Prayer

Logdotzip

Before Jagex doesn't anything to update prayer, they first need to address TRAINING prayer. Look at the herby update, it was great and all, but training herblore now borders on impractical. The content was great, but needed a bit more forethought on the training.

So take an already impractical skill to train, like prayer, slap on some high-demand updates, and what do you have? Prayer could easily get to 20-25gp/xp using conservative methods, imo.

Before I see Jagex release new prayers, I would like to see them add a new training method. Doesn't need to completely overturn what we have now, just something to balance out the increased popularity with the update.

YES.

PLEASE.

A different way to train.

Then we get that greed prayer $.$

And that bless-crops prayer <3: I'd use it on my herbs sooooo much.... XD Increased yield... decreased disease... DO WANT

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm.... more plausible than going "Saradomin makes me immune to your knives, neener neeener neener!"?

I lol'ed.

Prayer is a combat stat, should only effect combat. People can compare it to herblore and say that herblore gives combat bonuses, but the problem is aside from the new untradeable potions, you don't need the herblore level to actually use the potion, but you do need the prayer level to use the prayer.

And of course, magic is a combat stat, and it affects only combat too. :roll:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

If skilling prayers were made, the skillers in the RSOF would complain A LOT about how Jagex doesn't like them and makes too much skilling features related to combat...

I support skilling prayers.

XD Yep! The ranters are lulzworthy.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

How about a prayer that doesn't drain at all, however makes your hair freakishly long spiky and gold, takes away your eyebrows, and gives you a gold glowing field of energy.

level 99, now that would make me train prayer

Super Sonic?

06615fb95e7a9b38.jpg

Prism_Swords.png

Why do people keep saying that Prayer is combat only? Rapid restore is useful in thieving, and agility.

The prayer book is indispensable for Pyramid plunder.

Protect from Range is very useful for ZMI Runecrafting.

There are probably some others I have missed.

As you can see The Prayer skill already helps out non-combat skills a whole lot. So why not add new non-combat prayers?

So prayer is useful in noncombat situations, but only when they involve getting attacked?

I'd love to see some true noncombat prayers. I'm training my prayer up in anticipation of the upcoming prayer update.

Why do people keep saying that Prayer is combat only? Rapid restore is useful in thieving, and agility.

The prayer book is indispensable for Pyramid plunder.

Protect from Range is very useful for ZMI Runecrafting.

There are probably some others I have missed.

As you can see The Prayer skill already helps out non-combat skills a whole lot. So why not add new non-combat prayers?

So prayer is useful in noncombat situations, but only when they involve getting attacked?

I'd love to see some true noncombat prayers. I'm training my prayer up in anticipation of the upcoming prayer update.

Well, in agility you are not being attacked. Unless you consider gravity an evil entity out to keep us all down.

Also I thought of another one. When thieving from chests the prayer book helps if you become poisoned.

I agree with you, I would love to see non-combat prayers also.

Prism_Swords.png

Before Jagex doesn't anything to update prayer, they first need to address TRAINING prayer. Look at the herby update, it was great and all, but training herblore now borders on impractical. The content was great, but needed a bit more forethought on the training.

So take an already impractical skill to train, like prayer, slap on some high-demand updates, and what do you have? Prayer could easily get to 20-25gp/xp using conservative methods, imo.

Before I see Jagex release new prayers, I would like to see them add a new training method. Doesn't need to completely overturn what we have now, just something to balance out the increased popularity with the update.

I agree. I've always found it odd that the Runescapian Gods' idea of piety and devotion was to mass bury large quantities of corpses of beasts that in all likelihood you have never even met. I would like to see Prayer as a much more free-formed, fluid skill that truly shows your devotion to your god. If you were in allegiance with Zammorak, and you have demonstrated your full wraith upon your foes (in other words, hitting your maximum hit), wouldn't Zammorak favor your power ever slightly more? If you have donated time and effort into repairing a monastery, doesn't Saradomian appreciate your devotion to his cause and favor you in your journey? Or do the Gods turn their eyes away from everything but the mass burying of large quantities of corpses of beasts that in all likelihood you have never even met.

You could even have a God-specific Prayer book, in the same way you use different magick books to cast different spells. Saradomian could aid you in your journey with his divine protection, Zammorak with his unmatched power, and Guthix with the balance of the world. The entire skill could be so much more dynamic than it is now.

I highly doubt it. Too many prayers will make another "magic-type" menu. Also, dragon bones will rise in price (already very expensive). Unfair to Lvl 3 Skillers. Other problems too. It will unbalance a somewhat balanced game.

Its their choice wether not to train prayer or not, deal with it.

lurifax.png

I feel that changes made if any will have to be not just new prayers added but, new ways to use prayer overall maybe a set of prayers that take a specific amount of prayer points to use and their effect is immediate. An example of such might be lvl 85 prayer "heal"-takes 5 prayer points and heals you 10 hp or lvl 95 prayer that takes 10 prayer points to use and heals 25. I know this might seem like lunar but something like this would be more practical because prayer points are more tangible than runes are and are something everyone has at all times.

Some ideas I've had for "outside the box" prayers:

-Whenever an attack would kill you, you take half damage instead, and it drains your prayer the same amount.

No, this doesn't make you immortal. Say you have 10 hp remaining, and I hit you for 12, you instead take 6 and lose 6 prayer, but if I hit you for 20, your take 10 damage and die.

-Whenever <prayer name> has been active for over 15 seconds, bones are automatically buried (like, you get prayer exp for killing something, instead of bone drops)

It could be usefull for gaining some prayer levels for cheap, but its not giving you anything you couldn't have done manually, it just saves some trouble.

Another alternative is:

-Whenever <prayer name> has been active for over 15 seconds, coins drops are auto banked.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

New prayers:

Strength of the Cabbage - 30% increase in strength (Not sure how it works but popeye has his spinach so we should get cabbage)

Saturday Night Fever - Level 99 - All players within your view are overcome with the urge to dance (Not sure about you but I would use this all the time).

All skills 80+

New prayers:

Strength of the Cabbage - 30% increase in strength (Not sure how it works but popeye has his spinach so we should get cabbage)

Saturday Night Fever - Level 99 - All players within you view are overcome with the urge to dance (Not sure about you but I would use this all the time).

I would get 99 prayer as fast as possible just so I could :thumbsup:

New prayers:

Saturday Night Fever - Level 99 - All players within you view are overcome with the urge to dance (Not sure about you but I would use this all the time).

I would get 99 prayer as fast as possible just so I could :thumbsup:

I already have it (h).

-here's to hoping at least one of the new prayers is f2p

Combat prayers

63 Prayer: Mystic Rage. 20% magic attack bonus, 10% magic damage, 20% def

65 Prayer: Griffin's Claw. 20% range, 20% def

74 Prayer: Arcane Might. 25% magic attack, 20% magic damage, 25% def

76 Prayer: Divine Guidance. 25% range, 25% def

Special Combat Prayers

95 Arcane Shield. Reduces 20% of all magic damage, amplifies range damage 50%, melee damage 10%

95 Plated Shield. Reduces 20% of all range damage, amplifies melee damage 50%, magic damage 10%

95 Stone Shield. Reduces 20% of all melee damage, amplifies magic damage 50%, range 10%

96 Knowledge reduction. 5% if all damage is reduced from one of your skills at random. Skills only recovered through time, restore potions do nothing.

97 Skill Reduction. 10% of all damage is reduced from one of your combat skills (excluding prayer and hp), can only be recovered through time, potions give you more skills to loose

98 Random Reduction. 15% of all damage is reduced from any of your skills at random, including energy.

99 Divine intervention. When active, if your hp falls to 0, you are revived with +200% if your hp and all skills halved, but able to recover through potions.

Special combat prayers can be used with protect from prayers

Blessing prayers. To add weapon buffs, you need a blessed zamorak book. To add defenive buffs you need a saradomin book. To add passive buffs you need a guthix book.

To get a zamorak book you need to take a complete zamorak book, a repaired and fully charged iban staff, zamorak god cape and god staff and 3m to the Dark Mage outside of the Ungerground Pass

To get a saradomin book, take a complete sara book, ancient saradomin symbol*, a saradomin god cape and staff and 3m to the wise old man

*Is a 50% reward for burning shades/vyre corps

To get a guthix book, take a completed guthix book, 5 of each noted herb, dragon, giant, burnt bones, 100 of each rune, guthix god cape and staff and 1m to the Sanfew in Taverly

Buffs can only be placed on items that can not degrade, eg no barrow items

Items that are buffed can't be traded until their buf wears off, or you discharge them. discharging a piece of armor or a weapon has a 10% chance of that weapon breaking, because "The gods are displeased you ask of their ade and change your mind"

You can only wear items buffed from 1 god book at a time

Buffing anything requires a prayer of at least 70. The higher the level, the more powerful and longer buffs last. Buffing anything drains your prayer level to 0, and stunts your prayer to half of your level for 10 mins. You can choose a buf to be extremaly powerful, but only have 1 use, or be very weak but last very long.

Zamorrak buffs

Change your weapons attack style at random from what it is to magic, range, or melee damage. Weapon becomes proportional to the combat power of the weapon and your skill level. Magnitude can range from 1-10% damage boost and/or 5-200 hits and/or 5%-30% chance of effect happening.

(Range weapons can hit like melee, magic like range, for example think bloodveld as magic based melee)

Weapon can have magic poison that damages HP. Magnitude can be poison starting at 2-10 and chance of poison inflicting 5-30%. This poison stacks with poisoned weapons like dds

Weapon can have magic poison that damages prayer. Magnitude can be poison starting at 1-8 and chance of poison inflicting 5-30%.

Weapon can have magic poison that damages combat skills on hit.. Magnitude can be levels damaged starting at 5-30 and chance of poison inflicting 5-30%.

Weapon has a chance to attack again instantly. Magnitude is 1-2%

Saradomomin buffs

Magnitude is fixed for type of gear.

Helms 3-8%

plate 3-20%

legs 3-18%

shield 3-25%

gloves 1-2%

boots 1-2$

Negate damage. Magnitude can be GEAR% of damage negated, damage negated can range from 25-1000

Stat boost. Magnitude can be GEAR% of defense boost for that piece of armor. Damage taken can range from 25-500

Lightness, item weighs nothing. Magnitude is time from 1hr-72 hr of gear work

Resistance to poison, chance to be immune to poison if you would of been poisoned that combat tick. Magnitude can be GEAR% of protecting you

Guthix Buffs

Hp recovery rate. Magnitude is time, 1-72hr and rate or recovery. 2x-8x

Prayer recovery. Magnitude is time, 1-72hr and rate of recovery 1x (1/2 min)-3x (3/2min)

Can't think of any more

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

• 2 months later...

Epic Copy Pasta (Great ideas, not mine)

RSOF - ">>Prayer is Insulting<<" by Pshychoboy8

[hide=Warning: VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF TEXT DO NOT QUOTE THIS]

His Emptiness has opened his unblinking eye! The shadows will consume us all! Complete the Temple of Senntisten for exclusive access to His prayerbook! BIZARRE BORON SWELL!

This thread will remain active! Not because I'm dissatisfied - the key themes are still relevant!

Welcome!

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Welcome all to Prayer is Insulting!

Key themes;

More opportunities to show worship for other gods; Zamorak being the key focus on this thread.

Fairer amounts of prayer content for each class - not just melee! Magic and Ranged bonuses?

Runescape is, front and foremost, a roleplaying game. Therefore, players are permitted to assume the roles of their characters and the fictional word they're in! This includes lore, fictional myths and tales, and even theism. But since not all of you are roleplayers, and merely log on to ease bordem, I shall try to attend to both audiences in pitching my ideas!

Roleplayers, I'd like to point out that I am NOT Zamorakian.

Post 01 - Introductions

Post 02 - Prayer is Insulting

Post 03 - Zamorak's Prayers

Post 05 - Saradomin's Prayers (new ones)

Post 07 - Armour and Robes

Post 08 - The Citadel

Post 10 - Sanctum of Sollace

Post 11 - Rewards

Post 12 - FAQ

Post 14 - Quotes from Guthix

Post 15 - Accomodating

Post 16 - Armadyl, Bandos, etc.

The supporter's list can be located on page 129!

*´¨)

¸.°´¸.°*´¨) ¸.°*¨)

(¸.°´ (¸.°´°.¸¸.°´¯`°._.°

NEWS!

19-Nov-2009 - I updated the supporters list, OVER 1000!

20-Oct-2009 - Some of the rewards from the Sanctum of Sollace received an update.

05-Sep-2009 - First update in a while, the Summoning aspect was greatly changed!

04-Mar-2009 - We received our 4th J'Mod support!

* 04-Dec-2008 - Our third golden post, woooaaahhhhhh!

03-Sep-2008 - This thread became Thread of the Week! Got glue?

27-Aug-2008 - A wild gold post appeared, thanks for the support Mod Poppy!

~ * ~ * An Official TST Thread * ~ * ~

Quick find code: 90-91-140-59076761

Prayer is Insulting!

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Prayer, as summarised by the Manual, "Call upon the gods of RuneScape with prayers".

Roleplayers!

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The Holy Symbol taunts us, silently celebrating its domination of RuneScape! Selecting the prayer panel, browsing the skill guide or admiring that wonderful cape, it's there! Laughing at us! It's insulting! Lore states that a god draws its power from its followers (Guthix being the known exception); but, if only Saradomin is being fuelled, how can any other hope to gain enough power to return?! You can disagree... claim allegiance the God of Chaos, Balance, or one of the ancient deities... but you're not! It all goes to Saradomin.

Whilst it might be frustrating - now you've realised it's happening, anyway - it makes sense! Our adventure begins among Saradomists; why'd they teach us otherwise? But... that doesn't mean a kind-hearted, generous Zamorakian missionary cannot convert us! Okay, scratch the kind-hearted-generous bit...

Gamers!

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Basically, a new prayerbook aligned to Zamorak. This will not only provide a bounty of new prayers to choose from, but an alternate guild, cape of accomplishment, and even skill icon. The idea is based on the notion that the Holy Symbol is Saradomin's, thus where are all the rest?

(¸.*'¨)

Zamorak's Prayerbook is not a members' only prayerbook. However, to change between prayerbooks is. To switch prayerbooks; pray at the Chaos Altar (in the Citadel) to activate Zamorak's Prayers (requires 31 Prayer), and pray at the Holy Altar (in the Monastery) to activate Saradomin's Prayers. When in the mindset of Zamorak's Prayerbook, the skill-icon would change to the Unholy Symbol, haha... now who's cackling at you?!

Guthix does not want, nor require worship. Both not wanting and not requiring means it's very likely Guthix has a prayerbook, as a prayer is effectively a bribe for worship. Please see post 14 for why!

Prayers of Zamorak!

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Note: Zamorak's prayers affect all who attack you, but the effects are private between you and them. Please see the FAQ for more information.

Lvl 14 Piercing Presence (decreases foes' Defence by 12%)

Lvl 17 Draining Force (decreases foes' Agility by 12%)

Lvl 19 Curse of Frailty (decreases foes' Strength by 12%)

Lvl 22 Impaired Reflexes (decreases foes' Attack by 12%)

Lvl 24 Strain of Sight (decreases foes' Range by 12%)

Lvl 27 Lack of Will (decreases foes' Magic by 12%)

Lvl 29 Cripple Spirit (decreases foes' Summoning by 30%)

Lvl 38 Penetrating Presence (decreases foes' Defence by 18%)

Lvl 41 Immobilising Force (decreases foes' Agility by 18%)

Lvl 43 Curse of Impotence (decreases foes Strength by 18%)

Lvl 46 Disorienting Aura (decreases foes' Attack by 18%)

Lvl 48 Blinding Mist (decreases foes' Range by 18%)

Lvl 51 Fallibility of Mind (decreases foes' Magic by 18%)

Lvl 53 Break Spirit (decreases foes' Summoning by 45%)

^

Basic prayers! Agility? Information below.

Lvl 32 Banished (protects the players from armour-effects)

Lvl 34 Deterioration (whilst below 30% Hitpoints, 50-75% of damage received is recoiled)

* Lvl 37 Second Degree (negates 30% of dragonfire and other burn-inflicting damage)

^

65% effective against NPCs, 35% effective against players.

Lvl 56 Nightmare Shroud (a swarm shrouds the player, absorbing 40% of afflictions)

Lvl 58 Greed (protects two additional items from death, or 1500 items in a single stack)

Lvl 61 Sacred Ground (50% of all required prayer points are drained from your foe)

poison, etc. Doesn't cure!

Lvl 73 Abuse (your attacks ignore half your foes defensive stats)

* Lvl 76 Beyond the Grave (upon death, 35% of the player's max hitpoints are dealt to nearby foes)

* Lvl 78 Tarnish Memory (50% of damage received is piled on the player's combat stats, excludes Hitpoints, Summoning and Prayer; cannot exceed an increase of 25%)

^

Three over-headers.

Lvl 52 Weakness of Summoning (weakens your foes' Summoning skill - ie. negates specials)

Lvl 55 Weakness of Magic (weakens your foes' Magic skill - ie. negates attacks)

Lvl 57 Weakness of Range (weakens your foes' Range skill - ie. negates attacks)

Lvl 60 Weakness of Melee (weakens your foes' Melee skills - ie. negates attacks)

^

100% effective against NPCs, 50% effective against players. All over-head. From the foe's perspective, for example; "You find yourself weakened, your magic is impaired". Denying the attack is no different than negating the damage (Protection prayers). Fistandantilus and Zamorak Sliver now use Weakness prayers.

Lvl 64 Vulnerability to Melee (negates the effect of Protect from/Weakness of Melee)

Lvl 67 Vulnerability to Magic (negates the effect of Protect from/Weakness of Magic)

Lvl 69 Vulnerability to Missiles (negates the effect of Protect from/Weakness of Range)

* Lvl 72 Vulnerability to Summoning (negates the effect of Protect from/Weakness of Summoning)

^

50% effective against NPCs, 100% effective against players. All over-head. For example, from the foe's perspective; "Forces have left you vulnerable, your melee-advantage is broken".

* Lvl 80 Inflicted Profanity (decreases foes' Defence by 20%, Strength by 18% & Attack by 15%)

Lvl 83 Inflicted Anxiety (decreases foes' Defence by 20% and Range by 17%)

Lvl 85 Inflicted Unholiness (decreases foes' Defence by 20% and Magic by 17%)

Lvl 88 Inflicted Corruption (decreases foes' familiar's combat stats by 55%)

* Lvl 89 Inflicted Cowardice (decreases foes' Defence by 25%, Strength by 23% & Attack by 21%)

* Lvl 92 Inflicted Irresolution (decreases foes' Defence by 25% and Range by 22%)

* Lvl 94 Inflicted Anarchy (decreases foes' Defence by 25% and Magic by 22%)

* Lvl 96 Inflicted Indolence (decreases foes' familiar's combat stats by 70%)

^

Zamorak's sin-prayers. Possibly awarded by the Sanctum of Solace

A Small Note...

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Whilst on the subject of Prayers, let's finish off the Saradomin Prayerbook; add a few and alter some others...!

Lvl 03 Quick Thrust (increases a players Agility by 5%)

* Lvl 12 Swift Thrust (increases a players Agility by 10%)

Lvl 30 Agile Thrust (increases a players Agility by 15%)

^

Agility-based prayers! Why? See the next post for a short introduction to Agility's influence on combat. They would obviously not be included without the agility idea.

Lvl 12 Refined Spirit (increases your familiar's combat efficiency by 25%)

* Lvl 21 Enriched Spirit (increases your familiar's combat efficiency by 40%)

Lvl 39 Honed Spirit (increases your familiar's combat efficiency by 55%)

^

Some Summoning-based prayers, to increase the power of your friendly, or not-so-friendly, familiars. The percentages are intentionally higher due to familiars being relatively weak until high-levelled - and that protect from Summoning is so low-levelled and can be dual-activated with other protect prayers.

Lvl 61 Sanctity (increases a players Defence by 20% and Range by 17%)

Lvl 63 Serenity (increases a players Defence by 20% and Magic by 17%)

Lvl 68 Fidelity (increases a familiar's combat stats by 70%)

Lvl 72 Tenacity (increases a players Defence by 25% and Range by 22%)

* Lvl 74 Divinity (increases a players Defence by 25% and Magic by 22%)

* Lvl 80 Diligence (increases a familiar's combat stats by 85%)

^

King's Ransom gave melee two "virtue" prayers and, great as they are, other combat-styles were neglected! After a quest, or minigame, the above can be awarded for those of us who aren't warriors; summoning-virtues are debatable. Save the Triangle!

Lvl 08 Sharp Eye

Lvl 09 Mystic Will

Lvl 17 Hawk Eye

Lvl 18 Mystic Lore

Lvl 35 Eagle Eye

Lvl 36 Mystic Might

^

Generally lower as a result, the above have been altered to better suit the trend of existing prayers.

Lvl 19 Rapid Restoration (2x restore rate for all skills excluding hitpoints)

Lvl 56 Accelerated Restoration (4x restore rate for all skills excluding hitpoints)

^

Something for the high levels (these won't stack with each other). Remember, Prayer and Summoning doesn't restore, so double nothing is still nothing.

Lvl 22 Rapid Healing (2x restore rate for Hitpoints)

Lvl 62 Accelerated Healing (4x restore rate for Hitpoints)

^

Another high levelled prayer.

Lvl 25 Shield Inventory (protects an additional item from death, or 500 items in a single stack)

Lvl 68 Protect Inventory (protects two additional items from death, or 2000 items in a single stack)

^

For the archers and magicians among us the stack-protection should be implemented, whether the second prayer is. Which stack is based on it's net-worth; 1000 Death Runes is worth more than a Dragon Dagger. Note that, in my opinion, the above prayers should affiliate with the Grand Exchange price of an item, not the High Alchemy Price. "Greed" uses the same system.

Agility?

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

It will have its own thread soon, but basically Agility would gain a combat element. "Counterstrike" is the combined term for the updated Defence skill, and new combat-Agility. Defence would be the player's resilience to damage, and Agility would be their ability to evade - as it always should've been. Basically, counterattacks are combat randoms (though they aren't actually random, level does influence them) which either negate, reduce or reverse damage.

Counterstrike Prayers (Saradomin);

Lvl 46 Protect from Counterstrike (protects the player from counterattack damage)

Counterstrike Prayers (Zamorak);

Lvl 61 Weakness of Counterstrike (prevents your foes' usage of counterattacks)

Lvl 63 Vulnerability to Counterstrike (negates the effect of Protection from/Weakness of C'strike)

The Kinshra Knights!

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

But the skill isn't our only problem..! For high prayer bonuses we are forced to align ourselves to Saradomin, via the Temple Knights! Asgarnia is at war, the Temple Knights verses the Kinshra, or less specifically, the White verses the Black Knights. So why not place within the Citadel a Black Knight armoury, which sells Black armour to faithful Zamorakians with the same system that the White Knights have... kill 100 White Knights to obtain the Novice Rank and so on.

But Black Armour doesn't offer more than +1 Prayer per item, like White. So we need some of the higher ranks! So Lord Daquarius stationed his "ambassador", Miss Cashien, and a handful of Noble Guard within the Citadel. Miss Chasien, happy to see fellow renegades, will sell players Novitiate Armour (permitted they have completed Wanted!). Novitiate shares Initiate's bonus stats, and has a burnt orange trim. The Noble Guard wear a currently unobtainable, Neophyte ranked armour. (future quest?)

Kinshra Ranks;

Novitiate, Burnt orange trim/plume

Neophyte, Maroon trim/plume

Advocate, Fern green trim/plume

Necrolyte, Navy blue trim/plume

At present, Lord Daquarius' personal bodyguard would be the only Advocate-Kinshra, whilst Lord Daquarius wears Necrolyte; a navy blue trimmed "Elite Black" armour. The Temple Knight's Partisan-rank would be a white version of "Elite". As with White and Temple Knights, there are differences between standard Black Knight, and the Kinshra; plume colour, etc. "Elite" is grade-2 Black Knight, unrelated to Kinshra armour.

And again, Magicians and Archers are left out, so Initiate, Proselyte and Novitiate (as well as all future ranks) would come in Robes and Leather; with each rank being worth the same prayer bonus no matter the material. Robes and Leather could both have female-gender variants; (short) robeskirts and leatherskirts.

The Citadel!

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Structure: The Citadel

Wilderness: No.

* Appearance: Lumbridge Castle grounds in size, Tudor-style structure, huge elvan front-gates.

Synopsis: Hidden behind a peripheral charm, appears barren and ruined from outside the gates.

Access: To remove the jynx on the grounds the Prayers of Zamorak must be active. (31 Prayer)

Similar to the Draeman Staff's effect on the shed (entrance to Zarnis), the Prayers of Zamorak act as the key to entering the Citadel. From outside the battlements the fortress appears deserted and in ruin, in fact, it looks the same inside unless you have the Prayers of Zamorak active. To activate the prayers there is an altar, cracked and crumbled, but clearly Zamorakian, in the centre of the barren structure.

Praying upon the altar requires a minimum of 31 Prayer; praying upon the altar with less will result in your prayer points being drained and nothing happening. Changing books has a visual impact on the skill, as well as a different collection of prayers... the statistic icon of Saradomin's emblem will become the emblem of Zarmoak. To change back to the Prayers of Saradomin, worship at the altar in the Monastery.

Courtyard; In the courtyard the fountains flow blood, the trees tainted and the guards dead. In English? The magnificent fountains spill blood, the ancient trees fight back and the guards are the animated dead. This next snippet of information doesn't fit in anywhere, but any bones buried on the premises will yield double experience (the monastery could offer a similar effect). All combat-able characters within the Citadel do not yield bones (as a drop), but instead provide immediate prayer experience for laying their tortured souls to rest. (about the same experience as you get in hitpoints)

Ground Floor (US: First Floor); On the ground floor will be the usual hustle and bustle you'd expect of a marketplace; npcs roaming the stores in search of wares. Stalls include; a General Store, an Apothecary, the Black Knight Armourer (see post 2), which includes range and magic equipment. Let's not forget the Chaos Altar, or, Altar of Zamorak; which will be a lot grander in its non-ruined state. The colour scheme is generally stone, blood red and black.

First Floor (US: Second Floor); Up the spiral stair cases you will a buzzing conference room, a nice location for Jagex to drop small hints into future RuneScape lore. The residents are fuming with arguments and discussions, and even battle plans (similar to HAM head quarters). Upon the walls are paintings of victory, tomes listing stories and historical event (if a little biased) and a portrait of the lord himself.

Rooftop; The rooftop is an excellent location for sight-seeing, with orb-o-scopes for scrying into the surrounding areas. Players can even make use of the magi-cannons constructed in the past age (when rune stocks were low) to catapult the Zamorakian forces over long distances. Locations include; Port Sarim, Paterdomus, Camelot, West Ardougne and the Scorpius Shrine. Atop the roof houses a demon (black), chained to the spire like a pet. His movement is limited, so he makes for good training.

Additional Info; Praying at Zamorak's Altar whilst in the mind of his Prayers will gain an additional two prayer points. When you first enter the dungeon (below) a cutscene will begin, illustrating a Zamoakian being dragged by an ominous tendril; from the marketplace and through the trapdoor. Should you discover the mangled, already-decomposed priest you can pinch his robes for your own usage (similar to the Zamorakian robes worn in Paterdomus). They respawn, of course, and offer the same stats as Monk's Robes.

The Dungeon!

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Name: Sanctum of Solace

Size: Approximately the size of the God Wars Dungeon.

Location: Beneath the Citadel, there is a trapdoor on the ground floor.

Other Entrances: The godshield ripped a tunnel to the Monastery, so that Saradomists may enter.

Multi-combat: Mostly, though the shield is surrounded by a single-combat zone.

Appearance: Similar to the Fists of Guthix, only more ravaged by battle and burning.

Synopsis: In fear the Godshield buried itself, calling upon the dead to protect it.

Foes: Notably similar to the God Wars Dungeon; Icyene, Avianese, etc.

Safe: No.

A few years ago the ZMI discovered an item potentially capable of breaking the Edicts of Guthix. The Godshield; incarnated by Guthix, to symbolise the end of great war, a personified unison between peace and violence. But the shield established emotions, a personality if you will, but it's emotions were vastly limited to fear, and anger.

When Zamorakian priests found the shield it was dormant. It was brought to the Citadel to be examined, but it retaliated. Erupting into flame upon being touched, the shield was eventually cast into the wine-cellar. Within it grew angry and began to feud, ripping the cellar apart until it was mere cavern. But like the human race, greedy for space, it expanded, ravaging with angry tendrils until the cavern became so large the Zamorakians could build structures - but they burned.

The shield tired, and fearing an ambush, it created an army - legions of dead (formerly-buried). Though thousands of battle-raised souls, who knew nothing but battle, spawned a war, but for no purpose - none knew of the godshields power and none wanted it. Resurrecting such warriors, however, brought treasures to the dungeon. The carcass of the fabled Strongbow (for example) was found, and can be purchased for a great sum of money within the guild, but it's limps are not so easily recovered.

Rewards!

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Some of rare loot, others come as standard.

Strongbow Limps can be obtained by defeating the many foes of the dungeon. Two matching limps can be combined with the Strongbow carcass to create an aligned strongbow (requires 75 fletching). Like the Crystal Bow, it has charges (5000). It can be repaired. The arrows conjured have a chance-effect;

Armadyl Strongbow; Damage inflicted also damages the foe's energy (50%) & prayer (25%).

Bandos Strongbow; Damage is inflicted as if the foe had half the defencive bonuses.

Saradomin Strongbow; Damage inflicted regenerates prayer points.

Zamorak Strongbow; Damage inflicted also damages the foe's combat skills.

Attacking the shield will causes it to summon one (of a handful) might manifests to slay the foolish adventurer. There's a minute chance you could receive a fragment of the shield, the Guthix Umbo. The umbo can be attached to either the Godsword or Strongbow. It's unstable, though, and will break after 5000 attacks.

Callous Strike; Hits through the opponents defence, minimum of 10 damage.

Degenerative effect; The attack-speed will slowly decrease (from 6).

The Guthix Umbo, and the Saradomin and Zamorak hilts, can be attached onto their respective staffs to create (lesser) Godstaffs. Each has an effect and the ability to cast one of three new spells (as well as the old ones);

Guthix Godstaff; If faster, your opponents attack speed is halved.

Saradomin Godstaff; Immunises the player from binding spells.

Zamorak Godstaff; Immunises the player from poison.

New spells are dropped (as scrolls) within the dungeon. Sell them or "use" them to learn them;

Natures Wrath; Chance of poisoning/infecting the foe.

Righteous Thunder; Chance of stunning the foe for 10 seconds.

Scorching Flames; Chance of burning the foe for low amounts.

^

Maximum of 30 damage, 45 with charge.

Frequently Asked Questions!

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Q: How would the effects of Zamorak's prayers work in multi-combat?

A: Zamorak's prayers, Curse of Frailty for example, only affect the foes you're in combat with; the same with all of Zamorak's prayers. However, the effects are private between you and those affected. Scenario; player A is using Curse of Frailty against player B. Should a third party, player C, attack player B, they will fight as normal, no lowered strength! However, if player C attacks player A, their strength will be lowered too.

Q: Woah! Stopping combatants from using their combat skills is way overpowered!

A: Not technically a question, but it's not; negating the attack is no different to negating the damage! If my foe is using magic, "Protect from Magic" and "Weakness in Magic" are near identical.

Q: How could your dungeon reward them?

A: Like the new god-spells, as mentioned, the prayers could be dropped as a scroll (somewhat less rare than things such as the Umbo). The scrolls would be untradable, however, and to learn the prayer simply "use" it.

Q: What about Bandos and Armadyl, shouldn't they have strongbows?

A: There is the potential, but I didn't see it necessary to include them in what is a considerably easier God Wars Dungeon... possibly the limps could be dropped in the GWD, but ultimately it's up to Jagex.

Q: What about the Prayers of Guthix?

A: As for Guthix, it does not want nor require prayers... thus it has none for a player to tap. Although, I do like the concept of group-aiding prayers (like Lunar)... the medics of combat! Unlike Lunar, you'd have to be exempt from the effects... just a little draw back.

Q: What about Bandos or Armadyl prayers?

A: Whilst Bandos and Armadyl have prayers, they have no followers willing to share them with us. Please see posts 14 and 15.

Q: Zamorak already has Robes, would the new ones be the same?

A: They could be the same, but they should be different. Possibly rename the existing robes as "Chaos Druid Robes", or term the new ones "Chaos Robes" or "Chaos Monk Robes".

Q: Why does Zamorak have more prayers than Saradomin?

A: He doesn't! In total Zamorak has only 41 prayers, whilst Saradomin has 43. If Saradomin doesn't receive, for example, their range-virtue prayers, Sanctity and Tenacity, Zamorak would obviously not receive their range-sins.

Q: What about the lighthouse books?

A: They aren't a requirement and are in no way related to the Saradomin and Zamorak prayerbooks. However, certain items could offer bonuses such as additional prayer-points when you combine them with the prayerbook of the same good. Possible additional points; a complete lighthouse book (+1), a Mage Arena Cape and matching Staff (+1), a full set of Treasure Trail Prayer Robes (+2), the Godsword (+2), and the God Weapons (+2). Players can now obtain 105/99 if they combine the above with the Nature/Chaos/Holy altar. Other effects could also be added, such as a complete lighthouse-book unlocking a high-levelled God Prayer.

Q: Would the prayerbooks turn off aggression in the GWD?

A: Yes, the Saradomin forces won't attack you if you have his prayerbook - the same with Zamorak's. Though the Guthix portal isn't effected, taking rival prayerbooks into the Zamorak or Saradomin portals at Castle Wars will trigger a transformation.

Q: Does this affect what altars I can pray at?

A: No. All altars, aside from the Chaos, Nature and Holy Altars, only renew your connection to the Gods' Realm - others aren't pious enough to distinguish between different prayerbooks.

Guthix Spoke!

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Guthix stated that Guthix does not want, nor does Guthix require worship. Worship is how the weaker gods gain power, Guthix does no require it as Guthix's power is drawn from the planet. It's Guthix's choice not to want worship. For proof, read the God Letters.

"I hath no symbol of mine own, for acceptance of my beliefs is not a choice of itself; it is rather a rejection of the choices forced upon thee by mine brethren. To follow in the balance is to dismiss the notion that thou must be aligned either one way or the other, or that thou must only take one path in thy life and stray no further."

"In the past certain of my followers have created their own symbols to honour me, for although it seems improper to possess such a symbol in mine own eyes, I dictate not to mine followers how best to proceed other than to guide them in the ways of balance."

To Guthix, I am still searching for the right god for me and I was wondering... Do we get anything special for worshiping you guys? Like a stregnth bonus or maybe we can get things for cheaper at stores or something like that.

From which Guthix replied, "I canst speak not for other deities of this land, but from me thou recieve only the self satisfaction that thy cause is true, and that balance will be served by thine decision."

"It is not in my nature to reward those who follow me, for those who follow me do so for their desire to see balance, and balance is its own reward for those chosen few."

"Mine power is based upon the movements of the planets, the balance of life and death and the wisdom of nature. I hath no need for followers, yet appreciate those who search for truth in mine actions."

Burn?

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Burn is a new affliction that can be inflicted by most fire-based creatures, especially the Dragon. The burn splash is vibrant orange, and causes twice the damage of poison for the same grade. Fire-spells could possibly inflict burn, but definitely arrows!

Anti-Burn (52 Herblore)

Kwuarm

Crushed Blue Dragon Scales

Super Anti-Burn (69 Herblore)

Lantadyme

Crushed Black Dragon Scales

Prayer Cape of Accomplishment?

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Obviously, if the skill-icon changes then so would the cape! It would become the first cape available from two NPCs, but they will only sell with you permitted you are aligned to their God; Brother Jered of the monastery and a Zamorakian Priest (to be named) of the Citadel.

Saradomin's Cape of Accomplishment;

Appearance: Pearly white, Holy Symbol

Animation: Angelic-wings erupt from the player and they ascend a pearly light.

Zamorak's Cape of Accomplishment;

Appearance: Dirty white, blood-stained (torn at the base), Unholy Symbol

Animation: Demon-wings tear from the player's back and they ascend above an eruption of fire.

If Guthix received its own prayerbook the emote and cape would be altered appropriately.

Smaller changes to accommodate;

The Combat Brace would teleport you to your appropriate Prayer Guild. As would any other non-Saradomin teleports to the Prayer Guild.

The Ancient Magicks Spellbook would be updated with a Citadel Teleport (under an ancient name of course, it was Zarosian at some point in history knowing the wilderness' background).

Other-Godly Prayers!

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Imagine... all the gods are screaming in your head, they all want you to worship them because worship is what makes them strong. You make the decision to worship one, and you pick out their voice.

Zaros' voice is NOT silent! He can be heard and you learn it during the Temple at Senntisten. Guthix, on the other hand, isn't shouting (so it's not there to pick out) - either Guthix hasn't got a voice, it's too powerful for us to hear (hence why only the chosen, like Juna, can hear him), or it's there and he has hidden it).

We are raised Saradomist, we know his voice. However, we cannot distinguish between the other screams. This is why I had a prayer requirement for Zamorak, in terms of lore, you could argue that it's required for you to begin distinguishing different voices. Zamorak is the second most powerful god, out of those we can hear, thus his is the easiest to pick out (it's louder). But we must be taught over prayers... you can't read what something sounds like.

As for prayers themselves, they are bribes. To put it frank. People who worship Guthix do it voluntarily, because Guthix won't reward you. However, the other gods need your worship and try to win you over with effects.

Of course, as with players being Saradomist at birth, most species choose a god - humans are Saradomin, with a few who have chosen otherwise; goblins are Bandos, with some who have chosen not to. With non-humans, I can't think of any examples where they've converted to another god from their own... all the ones I can think of are from one-to-nothing, or nothing-to-one (gnomes, dwarves, etc) - Guthix hasn't got a voice, so the Red Dwarves are nothing-to-one, Dorgeshuun is Bandos-to-nothing.

Basically, to learn Bandos' voice you'd go to the goblins. However, only those who teach prayer (like priests, monks, etc) can teach you. Unfortunately, the only goblins we are friendly with don't worship him; and those that do, wouldn't tell a human! So Bandos will have to wait until we establish friendship with other goblins. Armadyl's followers are too busy; Seren's are too secretive.

Marimbo is the only real candidate (at the moment). Before Monkey Madness, we don't understand monkey... so even if we could hear Marimbo we don't know what he's saying. However, with the M'speak Amulet, Marimbo's Prayerbook would be quick and easy to release!

The Desert Pantheon, however, are not true gods - Amascut and Icthlarin both deny the Edicts. However, this doesn't mean they don't still hold the power the stories say - the mahjarrat are near-godlike. What I'm trying to say, they don't need worship.

...but they may still reward it! So a "Tatty Prayerbook" could be possible! A collection of prayers scrawled on papyrus (pages unlocked separately? Quests, treasure trails, etc?). The reason why this works, whilst paper wouldn't suffice for other gods * that's no "ancient scrolls" detailing lost prayers is that these prayers are more like spells, or blessings.

One example, as suggested by my friend Darth Void0;

Name: Afterlife

God: Icthlarin

Effect: The Death-Timer is paused while the prayer is active.

The tatty prayerbook should be exempt from the death-list, but not be lost on death. An effect like the above would only work if you have it on you and it's one of the three most valuable items you own... which is unreasonable. But keeping it in the bank so you can rush to use Afterlife is a waste!

The tatty prayerbook would be held in the off-hand, so potentially powerful effects could be had (as you can't combo with two-handers), and there would be a tab in the prayer panel. [/hide]

Anyways, my last post didnt seem to have any responses so I figured it would be better to paste them in a hide tag, I think it's a bit big though, I'm not sure if mods will delete this post :(.

[hide]thread_necromancer.png[/hide]

[img=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/adeptusmoronicus/thread_necromancer.png]

There is a little icon for images. Don't use the media one. Btw I used a different link from that website. It's the one specific for forums.

Big_Stingman.png