Thinking outside the box with Prayer

Logdotzip

Well, I personally would like a low consumption greed prayer for when I forget my ring of wealth.

But, in terms of a major update, I'd like to see something that affects summons, and nearby clan members/castle wars teammates, and such. So instead of praying for 15% better attack yourself, you pray for 5% better attack for the group, spreading out the prayer costs from the person with boss agro, at least allowing them to focus on their protection prayers. Doesn't need stack.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I personally would like a low consumption greed prayer for when I forget my ring of wealth.

Greed prayer...

$_$

YES PLEASE

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Greed prayer...

$_$

YES PLEASE

At some places where you pray all the time that could free up the ring spot, and if you have access to the MA rings that could be a HUGE boost. Do want! :pray:

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Greed prayer...

$_$

YES PLEASE

At some places where you pray all the time that could free up the ring spot, and if you have access to the MA rings that could be a HUGE boost. Do want! :pray:

=P~ Cha-CHING!

I wouldn't have to pick between RoL and RoW... \:D/ :pray: :pray: :pray:

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

I think they should add some alternative methods to training prayer that is as efficient (if not better) than current methods. I mean whenever a new prayer is released, the story is the same: all bones, especially dragon, shoot up in price. People crowd house parties in search of guilded altars. When uber uses of the prayers are found, prayer pots and their materials will be bought up in seconds and prayer training itself would hit a standstill with all the merchants. All dragons would be crowded. If jagex released alternative methods (even if they are just as expensive, it doesn't matter) of prayer training, we wouldn't have such an economy-dependant skill on our hands and then there could be VAST areas of room for expansion without screwing the economy.

My idea all along was for an item/prayer that auto buries bones when you get the kill. Who actually picks up and buries every bone they get? There are so many wasted bones, that I could of had 99 prayer by now.

I don't see why prayer needs to be so expensive. There should be alternative methods that are free or less expensive, that don't include a minigame.

Stellactic.gif

Hmm, im sitting in the office at work bored, thought I would make some suggestions for some prayers, tell me what you think of them:)

The thing with alot of the prayers is that they have been arround since the days of classic.

There are the equivalnt prayers for range and magic now, this was a huge unbalance in the past when it was only mele that received bonuses from prayer.

What prayer needs is to give it both combat and non combat upgrades.

Also I like it how piety/chivalry required a quest, I dont like the idea of high level items, eg whip, barrows not having a quest requirment, i beleive if you want to be the "strongest" in a fight you should be a well traveled adventurer that has become powerful through his travels, rather than a rich merchant. :P

Here are some little prayers that I think would be cool:

Legendary Strength:

Increases Strength by 28%, requires legend's quest, level 72

*note,can be used with other prayers, pretty much the upgrade of ultimate strength

Mithril Skin:

Increases Defence by 35%, requires completion of while Guthix Sleeps *ability unlocked when using dragonkin key with a mithril dragon), level 76

*note, can be done with other prayers, pretty much the upgrade of steel skin

*i could continue with examples for range, attack etc but ill let someone else have some fun :)

Here are some little non combat prayers that would be cool:

"Noble Savage" - Level 83 Prayer, and 83 Hunter

*Whilst this prayer is activated increases the players prayer level by 22%, it has the same prayer drain rate as "superhuman strength", requires completion of quest "hero's quest"

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

A magic prayer? I highly doubt it, with the new herblore update I've heard of Ice Barrage hitting 46s, so this pretty much puts Magic back in the game.

Now, I wonder what kind of prayers could they possibly make, something new...Something we've never seen before (Like Smite/Retribution, you know, those prayers that don't have prequels)

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

OK, so far we have suggestions like:

1. 'Noble Savage' - Boosts prayer points. (King giovas)

2. 'Greed' - Increases drop potential (Kalafai)

3. 'Bless crops' - Increases crop yield helps prevent disease. (Lielac)

4. 'Autobury' - Automatically buries bones. (Stellactic)

I have one similar to Soul Wars, burying bones adds prayer points.

# BTW does anyone know why my siggy is showing 1's? #-o

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

2 protection prayers at once, very high drain... all 3 prayers at once, but for a max of 15 seconds, even at 99 pray.

Venomus strike: Causes your weapon to do poison. if your weapon is allready poisoned, it does double poison.

Altar blessing: Bless the altar in GWD boss rooms for in increased chance of a rare item. requires 90 pray and for you to sacrifice something.

Gods' Wrath: If you are wearing saradomin and your opponent zamorak items, or visa versa, you will gain accuacy and may smite them (depending on how much both of you wear.) (could work with bandos and armadyl.)

There, there's a few new ideas in there.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

2 protection prayers at once, very high drain... all 3 prayers at once, but for a max of 15 seconds, even at 99 pray.

Venomus strike: Causes your weapon to do poison. if your weapon is allready poisoned, it does double poison.

Altar blessing: Bless the altar in GWD boss rooms for in increased chance of a rare item. requires 90 pray and for you to sacrifice something.

Gods' Wrath: If you are wearing saradomin and your opponent zamorak items, or visa versa, you will gain accuacy and may smite them (depending on how much both of you wear.) (could work with bandos and armadyl.)

There, there's a few new ideas in there.

God's Wrath sounds pretty cool, as does Altar Blessing. Although I highly doubt my opinion is of much importance, since they would be P2P (most likely). Venemous Strike could be cool, although I would say it only works with unpoisoned weapons. And the protection prayers idea isn't bad, either. As for ideas of my own... my imagination is pretty much non-existent.

Prayers for skillers? It's possible but I don't think this will happen. Prayer is a combat skill after all

Herblore is a non-combat and it now has a pretty substantial impact on combat situations.

while I appreciate all the suggestions being made, it wasn't what I had in mind for the thread itself. I only threw a couple of my ideas in to possibly spark the main question which was;

If this was something you'd like to see implemented, and to see how plausible it could be, or how much sense it could make.

Why do people keep saying that Prayer is combat only? Rapid restore is useful in thieving, and agility.

The prayer book is indispensable for Pyramid plunder.

Protect from Range is very useful for ZMI Runecrafting.

There are probably some others I have missed.

As you can see The Prayer skill already helps out non-combat skills a whole lot. So why not add new non-combat prayers?

Prism_Swords.png

prayer needs some form of new prayers. i would like some form of skilling prayers, allthough there would be the problem that some skills would be hard to make a prayer for (ajil, fire-makeing, mineing, theafing most noteably).

some ideas, (most wont really be very difrent form wat we got now, but meh)

a prayer that lets you keep 2 extra items.

times 3 heal rate.

prayer to half the rate that boosted stats go down, be a way to save money by useing less pots.

level 90 prayers, prayer of zamorak, prayer of guthix, prayer of sara.

zamorak would be somehting like +50% str, +30% attack

sara, + 50% def, well you should get the idea by now.

a prayer that helps your sumons :^_^:

standard things like extra damage/def, and maybe other stuff like evan praying for your sumon to last longer!

yea, thats about as much as i can think of.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I like the idea of a poster a page back, an item that would autobury bones, maybe for a sacrafice of half the xp you would normally get burying them yourselves. God, thousands upon thousands of az's I must have killed...

Anyways, I can't really think of many prayers but I have read something on the rsof for ideas of new prayers... the qfc = 76-77-58-57420631

Lots of ideas there, don't want to copy and paste from rsof now that I'm in college... >.<

Prayer is a combat stat, should only effect combat. People can compare it to herblore and say that herblore gives combat bonuses, but the problem is aside from the new untradeable potions, you don't need the herblore level to actually use the potion, but you do need the prayer level to use the prayer.

Lagatag.png

Oh, I believe protect from summons has been long awaited, but I suppose that will be waiting til summons are actually useful offensively in pvp situations.

prayer needs some form of new prayers. i would like some form of skilling prayers, allthough there would be the problem that some skills would be hard to make a prayer for (ajil, fire-makeing, mineing, theafing most noteably).

Thieving, success rate.

Mining, Gem rate.

Fire.... Fire IS my god, and is manifest with a mere tinderbox!

Actually, I'd like to be able to sacrifice bones to a fire, like we can player owned alters. Ordinary logs making mere bones give 6 exp rather 5.5 exp, and magic pyre logs making them give 10 exp, but each of these take twice to three times than burying. Perhaps burning herbs as incense to restore prayer, one point per herb level in a totally non-efficient manner.

Thus, when dragon slaying, you'll always want to bring an experienced firemaker with you, and carry some extra logs for him.

Prayer is a combat stat, should only effect combat. People can compare it to herblore and say that herblore gives combat bonuses, but the problem is aside from the new untradeable potions, you don't need the herblore level to actually use the potion, but you do need the prayer level to use the prayer.

Why do people keep saying that Prayer is combat only? Rapid restore is useful in thieving, and agility.

The prayer book is indispensable for Pyramid plunder.

Protect from Range is very useful for ZMI Runecrafting.

There are probably some others I have missed.

As you can see The Prayer skill already helps out non-combat skills a whole lot. So why not add new non-combat prayers?

Reading is fun!/I hate repeating myself.

You can say any combat stat, and I can tell you how it's useful outside of combat.

Prism_Swords.png

You're not even ranked in prayer.

Oh, that has evrything to do with anything, amirite? I'll buy it later. *rolls eyes*

Many, many people are waiting for a prayer update. When it comes, d bones will shoot up, ppl will train prayer like mad, and new methods of killing monsters using these prayers will develop. TBH, I'd say a prayer update is one of the more major updates which we know is coming but dont know when/what it is.

I believe it is you that couldn't be more wrong. What is more likely to happen is people will do the same old, same old - Some enterprising people will kill things for their bones and sell them on the Grand Exchange, then some people will buy them, and level their prayer, and if they happen to get a wonderful, brand spanking new prayer from it, so be it. And that's all will happen, and the update will be forgotten in a week, and instead, people will slip the new prayers (if they are any good, that is) into their repertoire. And that will be that.

if there was a prayer update the likes of which have already been mentioned here, then it is highly unlikely that it will be "forgotten in a week". alot of people for a long time will be thinking of the best ways/places to use these prayers and they will have an extrmely long lasting effect on the game.von top of this, it will be kind of hard to ignore the update when it will cause prices on so many itmes to jump up.

examples; bones, ofcourse

prayer potions and super restore potions*

saradomin godsword for prayer restore w/o using consumable

*a rise on cost of prayer potions will also cause most of the high end weapons and armour to go up in price, as pretty much all of them (mainly godwars items) need prayer potions and if they become more expensive, so does the armour.

...basically, it wouldnt be nearly as simple as you seem to think, and would require alot. ALOOOOOOOOOOT of testing and balancing to make sure that one skill doesnt become like 75% faster while another is maybe 5% faster

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Before Jagex doesn't anything to update prayer, they first need to address TRAINING prayer. Look at the herby update, it was great and all, but training herblore now borders on impractical. The content was great, but needed a bit more forethought on the training.

So take an already impractical skill to train, like prayer, slap on some high-demand updates, and what do you have? Prayer could easily get to 20-25gp/xp using conservative methods, imo.

Before I see Jagex release new prayers, I would like to see them add a new training method. Doesn't need to completely overturn what we have now, just something to balance out the increased popularity with the update.