Childhood Games?

Shiny

I think childhood games all ring a bell, far far away in our minds. They introduced me to gaming as a whole, something I am very grateful. When I was a child I remember every single game I played being great, however some games stuck in my mind more than others. Being born mid-nineties, I didn't have access to things like half-life, I was only 5 when the millennium rolled around, so I didn't fully experience things like N64s or Sony Playstations. I bet some of you probably remember cramming down on a saturday morning, pulling out your SNES and playing some Mario. Maybe your like me and you remember waking early enough to get your PS2 going, playing Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank.

Whatever you did, I'm sure you all had your favourite childhood game. For me, Jak and Daxter and Tekken Tag Tournament all claim for the top, but what takes it is Zoombins: A Logical Journey.

So what is your childhood game, tif?

lampost_sig_stark.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jak and Daxter. My Runescape name, my TIF name and several other names have been named after the game. Best game of all time, and with the fourth (the REAL games) coming out at the end of this year, it's a moment of excitement and disappointment. Why, Naughty Dog? Why did you give up Crash and now J&D? D:

I can also relate to Tekken Tag, it Jak and Daxter and a kid's racing game (not sure of the name) were th first three games we had. I can still remember that great Sunday afternoon I came home from my Dad's and saw my step-dad play Tekken Tag with a friend of his.

Best J&D memory: Not being able to cross the bridge to get to the Blue Eco vent on Geyser Island. Stupid analogue stick.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I remember Pajama Sam, Putt Putt, Spy Fox, and Freddi Fish. Yay for computer games when I was really really young.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Sonic Heroes.

When I was small, I didn't even have a video game console. >_>

I played the PS2 version at my friend's house, and eventually I fell in love with that game. It was one of the only games he had, lol. It was also my first console game.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

People who post stuff like PS2 games depress me :(

On topic:

ducktalespc1.png

I remember Pajama Sam, Putt Putt, Spy Fox, and Freddi Fish. Yay for computer games when I was really really young.

Haha Putt Putt Saves the Zoo. I forgot about that game.

My childhood games would be the Sonics, Shining Force, Mortal Kombat, Altered Beast, Quake, Rampage, and mainly Zelda OoT. I've been a gamer almost my entire life.

I was born into the NES era. So my childhood favourite was Super Mario Bros. 3. It gave me countless hours of entertainment, until my friend gave me a copy of Kirby and Battletoads. Then those two were my main games. I had about 10 games at that time, but only played those 3.

I was born in snes and luckily my father bought one from an early age. There are the games that I remember. Boy, I just wanna play some of these again :mrgreen:

•  
  • Mortal Combat
  • Tiny Toon Adventures
  • WWF Royal Rumble
  • Donkey Kong
  • Super Mario Cart
  • F-Zero
  • NBA Jam
  • Killer Instinct
  • Castlevania
  • Earthworm Jim
  • Street Fighter
  • Super Mario World
  • Pocky and Rocky

Never played any RPGs because they were too complicated.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Never played any RPGs because they were too complicated.

I know what you mean. I was always intrigued by Final Fantasy 9 when I saw my uncle playing it, but I knew it was way over my head with the abilities and equipment and all. The only RPG I played when I was young was Shining Force, but that game is very straightforward. Oh and Pokemon if you would even count that. I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet.

I've played Pokemon Blue but that was after the SNES.

I think I've still got my huge old Gameboy around somewhere heh.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I was born in snes and luckily my father bought one from an early age. There are the games that I remember. Boy, I just wanna play some of these again :mrgreen:

Earthworm Jim

Earthworm Jim is awesome.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Super%20Mario%20All-Stars.gif

I'm still trying to beat this... It took me nearly 10 years to beat even the first one, but there are still three more games left.

Actually I like these good old games just because of their difficulty, I can beat most new games in 5-10 hours. No one makes hard games anymore. It's all about the graphics now. :mad:

These <3:

I also remember playing 102 Dalmations. It's a PS1 game that I got with my PS2 for Christmas 2001. I was too young at the time to appreciate games, but it was really good. I still play it sometimes now, for a kids game it was amazing. It had so many collectibles, unlockables, creative level design.

I could go on and on, if you can go online and get yourself a copy (it should be very, VERY cheap, afterall it's a PS1 kids game), definitely pick it up and see for yourself.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Oh man, my favorite series of games were the Sonic games, so I remember having every one of the originals.

I was born in '94 and my grandma still had her NES from the 80's and before I discovered the fact that there were PSX's and N64's I sat around playing Super Mario Bros...Here's the list of NES games I remember spending hours on:

-Super Mario Bros

-Tiger Heli

-Top Gun

-There was one about a cat collecting yarn, I remember he always said "Bogus".

Then I found out my Dad was hiding the PSX, which I don't think I ever played. Then he bought an N64 specifically to play Goldeneye 007. I remember playing mutliplayer against him and kicking his [wagon] all the time with the cop character.

Then we got the Xbox. I remember the first game we got was Halo. Didn't like it then, don't like it now. And we got SSX Tricky. That was a pretty sweet game. I wish I could find another copy of that somewhere because that was a great game.

Somewhere around nine years old I got the GBA, which would become my best friend. I remember I spent hours playing a Scorpion King game that I never beat. There was some Zelda game, and then a Yu-Gi-Oh game that I spent hours and hours and hours playing. The GBA fell though and half the screen turned black :sad:

Rest In Peace my Gameboy Advanced.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I remember I used to love playing Paperboy on the NES and Super Mario 3 was always my favorite when I was really young. I never really got into video games until I got a Playstation and played Crash Bandicoot which just the other day I bought on the PSN.

tFtfA.jpg

I remember playing Indiana Jones: Desktop Adventures (was from one of those dodgy 100 games for windows type CDs) for hours on end. Also, not as far back, Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb...

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Halloween harry too is another awesome one.

Yep... and you have props for knowing it as Halloween Harry and not Alien Carnage.

Might also throw in Raptor: Call of the Shadows

and

Zone 66