How is it any different?

onedaysoon

Okay after reading what i believe to be a very great post I have decided to write my own spin off of it. The post I am talking about can be found here.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?times=348

I have to say up until now I have not been bothered one bit by 76k'ing, I believe that if that is how some people want to make money there is nothing wrong with it, however after reading that post my opinion has shifted somewhat. I have to say that I hold nothing against EP'ers, however against JaGex thats another matter. Now I know it would be in the archives somewhere, but I really can't be bothered to spend hours looking for it, the post I am talking about was made by a JaGex mod just before the release of the trade limit. Whilst not being the exact words this was the message,

"People that are buying gold for real money are getting ahead in the game of those honest people that work hard for their GP, to combat this we are going to introduce a trade limit that should hopefully put an end to this"

I would say good fight, but that does seem a bit juvenile to post so I will just leave it be. I know JaGex is clever enough to have already taken the 'original' wilderness into account for this, however it seems that at the time they didn't see it as a very feasible option for RWT'ers, yet as we have seen it was, enough so for them to have to change it. As this is straying away from my main point I will close this off with JaGex trying time after time to get this right and to once again please the majority of the Runescape cohort, yet it seems they are yet to perfect it, the new blemish, EP'ing.

When I look at what EP'ing is accomplishing for players I ask myself, is it really that much different to RWD, I know many of you will say

"Well yeah nub it is, I work for my cash"

Granted EP'ers must wait that time to first get their EP to 100% and then kill someone until it runs out, this adds about an hour and a half to your free cash. Yes I will call it free because in my eyes thats exactly what it is. I have talked to many friends over this matter, some of who EP themselves and they just laugh at it thanking JaGex for that free 10m a day.

Now lets compare, back when RWT was around 1m on Runescape would cost you what, $8 US, I may be wrong but thats because I never payed attention to any of those banners. Now look at EP'ing, you spend your time getting the 100% EP then killing for your cash. When you put them side to side like this, it pretty much just shows that JaGex has simply done a shift, a shift that has pissed a lot of people off.

Thanks for trying JaGex, but at the end of the day you are back at square one, although now you have the addition of many annoyed Scapers, RWT'ing and EP'ing whilst being different methods accomplish the same goal, sure almost everyone does now have access to this 'free' money maker, some people are once again getting ahead of the main body of Scapers through a method many would call dishonest. If I had the choice to go back in time and prevent these updates I would. I would stop the removal of the wilderness over an issue like this as I am sure somewhere down the track another issue will pop up. I would remove the trade limit to help combat another uprising problem, 'junk trading'. If I could have things the way they used to be I believe Runescape would be all that much better for it, it may sound selfish but I know many people out there would agree with me, just ask.

Well, balls back in your court now, what are you going to do with it?

4sDIn.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RWT only had 1 advantage, if you can call it an advantage, cheap raw materials.

I remember when essence was only 20 to 30 gp each due the high number of macro'ers.

RWT needed fixing is just how Jagex decides to balance a risk vs reward system without giving the option to abuse the system.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The way you put it sounds like free RWT which makes it worse than before. I wouldn't mind it as much if the cash was 500k-800k an hour because you can make that with other methods but the fact that it is easily over 1m an hour really ticks me off. Another thing that annoys me is all the complaining PKers who seem to think that they're right every time no matter what the rest of the runescape community thinks. If they hadn't complained about losing the wildy we wouldn't be in this mess.

Jagex needs to fix this fast because it makes it 10x harder to buy anything that pkers would use which can hinder my gameplay.

c962a1b4be.png

A quick google search says that 1m gp now costs just $1.80. My guess is that all the RWTers do now is just gain EP on your char for Statues til you get the money you paid for.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Thats very interesting Mercifull, I hadn't heard anything about this until just now. Jimmy you raise a valid point. Since this has started the cost of items that are used to train combat and combat related skills have risen ridiculously. My main examples would be Dragon bones and water runes. Dragon bones at over 3.8k each, 99 prayer 12 months ago would have sot me 82m, now over 168. As for water runes, take a look for yourself..

4sDIn.png

If those godawful PKers did not complain about getting the old wildy back, 76k-ing and EP-ing would never have happened now.

They really should remove of the artifacts, those are the items that are causing inflation.

I remember when rune essence was 40gp and anchovy pizzas are 550gp... now they are 70gp and 1800gp respectively. :wall:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

PVP has been nothing but trouble for this game. I would say remove it, but that's slightly unreasonable. I've heard some great ideas for countering 76king that I'd like to see implemented immediately. I'm getting sick and tired of items that I want rising faster in price than I can keep up with by slaying. I'm hoarding my cash until this mess is fixed.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Wow the way you put it, I now believe 76king is WORSE than RWT. It's driven the prices of just about everything up, whereas when we had RWT at least raw materials were dirt cheap.

Then again when we has RWT no-one could woodcut...

But still, with RWT at least prices were stable, instead of the crazy fluctuations we have now. (4M for a master wand, 1M for my ring of stone, 450k for dragon boots, and 3M FOR WHIP!!!!!! (which previously has always been at a stable 1.4M))

And yea, water rune prices are f***ing insane.

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

The only viable solution to all this mess is to remove PvP altogether. It's not even worth it anyway, so why do people even do it?

Cost: Depends on how much money you decided to waste on food, ammo, pots, etc. Waste of money if you do not get a drop.

Experience: From what I heard, it is even LESS experience than normal monster hunting, so it is a really bad place to train.

Risk: Unless on a Bounty +1 world, you lose ALL your items upon death, so the risk is extremely high.

Reward: Artifacts are the only "real" rewards. They are the things that cause inflation, so it's kinda bad, in the sense of the economy. It's decent for money though.

If there was no old wildy PKing in the first place, all this would never have happened...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Then again when we has RWT no-one could woodcut...

Thanks to Ivy, the G.E and the sawmill even if RWT was brought back it wouldn't matter, seeing as Ivy would yield no profit to Macro'ers, which may I point out JaGex did a good job of removing, means that you could still level woodcutting well enough to combat them when you are competing for yews or magics.

I'm getting sick and tired of items that I want rising faster in price than I can keep up with by slaying. I'm hoarding my cash until this mess is fixed.

To right you are. I know it may be annoying not being able to get items, but whats really pissing people off is the inability to level up the skills you need to pay for, the items are just the icing on the cake.

I've heard some great ideas for countering 76king that I'd like to see implemented immediately.

As do I. My personal favourite being that the player receiving the kill should get no more then 2x the risk, rather than as I read somewhere up to 65x.

Please keep posting your responses.

4sDIn.png

If those godawful PKers did not complain about getting the old wildy back, 76k-ing and EP-ing would never have happened now.

They really should remove of the artifacts, those are the items that are causing inflation.

I remember when rune essence was 40gp and anchovy pizzas are 550gp... now they are 70gp and 1800gp respectively. :wall:

You're an idiot.

Zerker_jane.png

My feelings are that most of Runescape players have become used to just being able to buy levels and buy armor/weps(relatively) quickly. They pick one way to make fast money and then use that to purchase their skills. Thats why this inflation caused by 76king effects them. For players like myself (i dont 76k i did a few times 26k)I collect raw goods and them sell them for profit its not the fastest way to make money but over time I level my skills and make money doing it. I fish my own sharks, make my own pots, then kill slayer monsters, make money by selling rare drops. Then go mining then either make bars, or just sell the ore make money. As inflation drives up the prices I get increasing profits. I dont worry that im not training my skills the fastest way possible or making the most amount of money i can per hour. My advise for my fellow Runescape players is relax its a game enjoy it, its not race, someone will no life their way to everything faster then you can no life your way to it. Just play to have fun and dont get caught up in all this I must by my way to a 99 a fast as i can nonsense.

Ok I'd like to remind you that RWT and 76king do both bring money/resources into the game but RWT is a criminal offense in real life that impacts living beings. 76king only impacts pixels...which is worse?

RWT isn't a criminal offense, the criminal side of it only arose when Jagex switched essence into normal and pure essence (meaning a lot of macro'ers needed money to pay for members which they used stolen credit cards to do).

The whole game is merely pixels, but to quote (or near enough quote) a signature I see around a lot.

To call in-game items merely pixels is the same as calling money merely paper.

The act of trading copyright free (this includes game points or money) or legal material for real money is perfectly legal in every country I've ever looked it up on.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You're an idiot.

3hitm4g3u, what is up with you and your obsession with old PKing?

Just because you love it to death doesn't mean you get to pick on people that dislike it. Your opinion is not superior, nor am I claiming that mine is either.

Saying that I'm an idiot because of my first sentence that you quoted me leads to the conclusion that you are one of those "PK whiners".

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Ok I'd like to remind you that RWT and 76king do both bring money/resources into the game but RWT is a criminal offense in real life that impacts living beings. 76king only impacts pixels...which is worse?

RWT isn't a criminal offense, the criminal side of it only arose when Jagex switched essence into normal and pure essence (meaning a lot of macro'ers needed money to pay for members which they used stolen credit cards to do).

The whole game is merely pixels, but to quote (or near enough quote) a signature I see around a lot.

The act of trading copyright free (this includes game points or money) or legal material for real money is perfectly legal in every country I've ever looked it up on.

Remember that RWT is against JaGeX's rules, ever since the beginning.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I was replying to RWT is a criminal offense in real life

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

RWT was never a criminal offence, it may have been against JaGex's rules, but at no point was it a criminal offence. Granted that it did lead to credit card fraud which is an offence however it never was.

So your telling me you've never broken one of the rules around your friends, or a complete stranger for that matter? I'm not trying to put words in your mouth however rules aren't there to be obeyed 100% of the time. It, at the time, was just a more severe rule to break.

4sDIn.png

I'm sorry that is just an absurd argument. RWT and 76king may both be considered "Dishonorable", but 76king doesn't even break any of jagex's rules, RWT always was against the rules and supported credit card fraud. Additionally, RWT cheapened the value of the game by making your real world status in life a factor in your success in a virtual world. No one really has a legitimate excuse for not 76king to earn their money.

I'm sorry that is just an absurd argument. RWT and 76king may both be considered "Dishonorable", but 76king doesn't even break any of jagex's rules, RWT always was against the rules and supported credit card fraud. Additionally, RWT cheapened the value of the game by making your real world status in life a factor in your success in a virtual world. No one really has a legitimate excuse for not 76king to earn their money.

Other then the fact its causing mass inflation like never before?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Why were statues even necessary? Why couldnt ancient armours like statius replace them, and just be a litte more rare then statues are now. That way it wouldnt drive prices down too much and money would not be added to the game.

Also, make it so that value of the drop cant exceed the value of the opponent's armour, unless it was a target kill.

Tell me any flaws in these ideas.

BOO

The problem is not the 76k'ers, its the system. JaGex needs toremove the system and wait to implement a new one until they have found one that works well and does not have the major problems this one has. But, knowing JaGex, this new system won't be created and released for another year or so. And of course the pk'ers will maon, but they need to suck it up and stop causing so much harm to this game, just look at what they did to the best update this year, the herblore update.

WOW... just WOW, is your head screwed on right? I have no words for this idiocy.

Staurolite.png

Well, stop using a straw man. I will combat the real difference.

RWT- Against Jagex rules. Promoted credit card fraud. IS ILLEGAL. (Look at how blizzard took down several RWT companies.) Transfer of items, whether GP and IRL cash, or just IRL cash, from one character/person to another. No/little time spent by the person gaining the items.

76k'ing-Not against Jagex rules. Breaks no laws. Transfers no materials between accounts. Time is spent gaining EP, although little effort.

Note: I did not address RWT through 76k'ing, as that is RWT, and doesn't bear into this argument. (The topic is 76king vs RWT, thus it would fit into the RWT category.)

The inflation argument is rather ridiculous, as their are so many other things contributing to inflation, such as the shop update, (No more cheap water runes.) Dragon bones went up after RWT was dealt with, as did yew logs, and p ess. These two factors alone contribute more to inflation than 76king does.

P ess may be 200 gp each, but death runes are also over 150 GP more than they used to be. (300 gp). Same with several other runes. Blood runes went down in part to the altar, and natures stayed lower because of graahk rcing. P ess also went up due to ZMI rcing.

The reason Pizzas went up is due to the shop update, not 76king.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]