The Obligatory Ice Hockey Thread

Hawks

I went into this year thinking Jets are a borderline playoff team and that basically remains my opinion thus far. I don't watch enough of your games to have a more specific opinion...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'm looking forward to the Winnipeg-Detroit game tomorrow. We've been playing really well, and if we can beat Boston we should have a decent chance against the Wings.

Quite honestly, the Jets have a pretty good team. I heard someone say that we were planning on rebuilding through the draft (like Edmonton has done so well) but I just looked at them like "what....!?". I think that playoffs this year would be a stretch, but if we keep the same core group and add a little here and there, playoffs next year, maybe 2 years down is not a stretch at all.

Also, Pavelec has been phenominal as of late.

That was a bit of wishful thinking on my part. I really wanted Peg to ended up with Yakupov. I really did not think they had the goaltending, but Pavelec has shown flashes of greatness.

Canada is pretty much the only country that actually cares about the WJC lol. But yeah, I'm excited.

Pissed that Stuart Percy didn't even get an invite. Then again our team is stacked as always. But Brad Ross almost made it...

polvCwJ.gif

Lol yeah it's kind of funny how much more we're into the WJC than all of the other countries. But hey, it has consistently produced some of the most exciting hockey games of the year, and it gives a great look at guys who have just been drafted or who are about to be drafted into the NHL.

WJC is here in Edmonton this year, but I don't have anyone to go with :sad:

Probably can't afford it anyways.

I don't think Canada's as stacked as previous years though, why did they cut Bulmer? He made the Wild team out of training camp :blink:

Anyways, I'm excited about Granlund :P

Staurolite.png

Just when I thought our PK couldn't get any worse... <_<

And Phaneuf might be suspended. Fantastic.

Oh, and the league's best power play (VAN) meets the league's worse PK (TOR) tomorrow. Should be great.

polvCwJ.gif

Yet another game blown due to the PK. Thought this was relevant (in response to the post about the marlies' PK system):

Don't we have a system? 3 in the corners with Dupuis laying on the ice somewhere?

polvCwJ.gif

Wilson just got an extension. Big WTF moment right there.

I'm not really surprised. I do think it could have waited till the end of the year...but it's not like he can't be fired if we miss the playoffs. It's basically just insurance money for him.

polvCwJ.gif

Yeah, I watched the first game. Solid win for canada, pity DSP got injured though.

And if the season ended today, the leafs would have the worst PK percentage in the league since the 1988-1989 season, where one team was worse...the leafs.

FML.

polvCwJ.gif

How does someone get an extension when they can't fix the god awful PK?

Who knows.

Then again, there are positives. Significantly improved PP, good offense, still in a playoff spot almost halfway through the season with a lot of injuries.

It's not all bad. Imo Wilson gets fired if we miss the playoffs, extension or not.

polvCwJ.gif