Breathing

baalboy5

Wow, when I saw title, I thought this was one of those threads that would say "you are now aware that you are manually breathing". Now I'm manually breathing. Thanks a lot, self.

Anyway, I never knew there was an actual name for your breathing condition. I mean, the only time I breathe through one nose is when I'm sick. But now since we're talking about nasal congestion, I've always been curious, why/how does the body always keep one nostril moderately clear during sickness, while the other is totally clogged up? I mean, why don't they both block up? Is the immune system really that strong that it will keep one nostril clean so that you can breathe safely without risking suffocation (even though you have a mouth)?

There are hairs in the nose that filter out dust and bad stuffs. That's prolly why.

I don't have much unusual stuff going on when I breathe, apart on the fact that I get a stuffed nose.

Stuffed noses are annoying.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I have often wondered about my nose... not to the point of questioning the doctors about it, because to be honest, i have gone 24 years with no great problems.

I do find that I seem to have a stuffy nose a lot of the time, however if I lift the tip with my finger, I can breath perfectly fine. I also get a random blocked right nostril.

The main reason I have not seen anyone about it, other than the fact it would be a waste of time having someone look at it, it is the thought of anyone doing anything up my nose.

Eyes and nose are a bit no no for me lol.

lizzy_wizzy.png

lizzy_wizzy.png

Gah, this topic has made me manually breathe. Must... keep... living...

On average I breathe about the same through both nostrils, but I'm always getting a clogged up nose and have probably gone for weeks surviving on just the right or left one without realising. I also catch myself mouth breathing unintentionally every so often. :oops:

~ W ~

sigzi.png

To all those who are scared, it is completely normal to breathe through one nostril at any given time.

It is also possible to breathe through your ears. I have had this problem with several professionals documenting it. Previously, I have had several ear infections, P.E. tubes, and a perforated eardrum (after I hit my head on a goalpost).

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I don't like people making me think about my breathing, I fear that once I breath manually, I won't be able to turn automatic back on.

Same, except it's not just a fear, it's a reality.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Guest Mrmegakirby

I always breathe manually. I am right now, I can just breathe manually normally while breathing manually. I also blink manually. It's really, really annoying at times, but usually it doesn't really matter.

Am I weird?

I always breathe manually. I am right now, I can just breathe manually normally while breathing manually. I also blink manually. It's really, really annoying at times, but usually it doesn't really matter.

Am I weird?

That would drive me insane.

I have another question about noses... For a lot of people in my grade, you can see that their noses have a bump in the middle if you look at them from the side. I thought that only happens if you break your nose, but some people that have that I know would never get in a fight or do anything dangerous. Is this the same thing as what we're talking about above, just the way their noses are, or actually from a broken nose or something else?

[hide=]

"If that dude over there throws that brick, I'll jump behind that trash can and hide" For example.

Just like that XKCD comic, if anybody has seen it.

A trash can has only a single exit and zero maneuverability within. Plus, you're wide open to an aerial attack and with no place to move around...

Ross said behind the trash can, not in it. :wall:

Did... Did Lenin just get owned by a guy with 29 posts?

The apocalypse is here my friends. :ohnoes:

[/hide]

I have another question about noses... For a lot of people in my grade, you can see that their noses have a bump in the middle if you look at them from the side. I thought that only happens if you break your nose, but some people that have that I know would never get in a fight or do anything dangerous. Is this the same thing as what we're talking about above, just the way their noses are, or actually from a broken nose or something else?

It's one of those genetics-type things. Ask someone who has more than a three week subject knowledge on it.

Well, I breathe through my nose all the time, but I try to avoid it during nose-bleeds, but I normally forget. I rarely breathe through a single nostril, as I try as hard as I possibly can to eliminate the obstruction before it leads to that.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I can inhale using my mouth and nose at the same time, and then exhale using both as well.

I read somewhere that that isn't supposed to happen. Can't for the life of me explain it though.

Wow, when I saw title, I thought this was one of those threads that would say "you are now aware that you are manually breathing". Now I'm manually breathing. Thanks a lot, self.

Anyway, I never knew there was an actual name for your breathing condition. I mean, the only time I breathe through one nose is when I'm sick. But now since we're talking about nasal congestion, I've always been curious, why/how does the body always keep one nostril moderately clear during sickness, while the other is totally clogged up? I mean, why don't they both block up? Is the immune system really that strong that it will keep one nostril clean so that you can breathe safely without risking suffocation (even though you have a mouth)?

It's not your immune system's fault, it's the way your mucus irrigation system is designed. Everyone has (or is supposed to have) two nostrils, and two sinuses. Each sinus is located just under your eye and cheek bone. Your sinus is connected to your nostril, your ear, and in some people, their throat. When you get a head cold, the body's defense system overproduces mucus to defend against the virus/bacteria. This mucus creates pressure and stuffy noses. It only blocks breathing on one side because gravity pulls the mucus (and the pressure and blockage) to one side. Next time you get a head cold, wear ear plugs and then lay on the opposite side of the blocked nostril. Then take the ear plugs out and try again. The results are amusing to say the least.

Please don't double post. ~meol

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I think I seem to breathe more through one than I do the other.

Don't know if thats normal.

Same for me, I breathe more by the right than the left lol.

Although I breathe by the nose and the mouth at the same time. Some people ask me how I can do it, apparently I'm the only one around here who can do that.

I have the same problem. I went to my local doctor and he told me it was 'Annual Rhynitis' which is essentially allergies to a virus or something like that. It feels like I perminantly have a cold which is SOOOOO annoying. I have almost thought about converting to being a mouth breather but I get bad breath alot (curse you coffee!).

I don't like people making me think about my breathing, I fear that once I breath manually, I won't be able to turn automatic back on.

Same, except it's not just a fear, it's a reality.

Oh.. no.. NOT AGAIN!

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I think I seem to breathe more through one than I do the other.

Don't know if thats normal.

I think I remembering seeing on TV that this is normal, had something to do with 'stereo smell' or something. I know I breathe more through one nostril than the other.

EDIT: upon further research I found that we breathe through one nostril at a time all the time. Which makes me wonder why it's a disease to do this. I'm confused >.<