26-Nov-09 Thanksgiving & Community Event (UNTIL DEC 7TH)

Toad

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall this event has been completely awesome, hope tomorrows clues actually require calculus, how epic would that be <3: /wish.

Highly doubt it, I would bet that the majority of the devs haven't even taken calculus.

calculus doesnt even exsist as a subject in the uk ;)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It took me awhile to figure out that Fred and the other guy each only did half, so they each would get half of the profit no matter how long it took them . :shock:

Good job Jagex. These are challenging, but not hard enough to where I would give up or automatically look for people who already did it.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

Overall this event has been completely awesome, hope tomorrows clues actually require calculus, how epic would that be <3: /wish.

Highly doubt it, I would bet that the majority of the devs haven't even taken calculus.

It must be nice there.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

Its under another name. Because i remember doing those kind problems on the run up to my GCSEs.

Only thing i remember mind, alcohol and wiped most of my school memories.

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

Its under another name. Because i remember doing those kind problems on the run up to my GCSEs.

Only thing i remember mind, alcohol and wiped most of my school memories.

Congrats

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Glad to see they stepped up the difficulty a notch again. The first and last ones were easy but the second one provided me with a nice facepalm moment when I finally figured it out. :P

Can't wait for tomorrow's clues.

What is the reward for this anyways.

A *cough* magnifying glass.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

What is the reward for this anyways.

A *cough* magnifying glass.

I understand that it's been 'leaked' so far, but how exactly does a magnifying glass relate to Thanksgiving? :blink:

It doesn't. This is just Jagex's first community event. I assume that the next events will give us more parts to this "Sherlock Holmes" set, especially since someone found a smoking pipe in the cache (along with the magnifying glass).

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I see... So do you think the emote will be the only thing that we're getting for Thanksgiving, or will the emote relate to this Community Event? If that's the case, then that Thanksgiving thing was nothing at all, lol.

I can't blame Jagex, though. I don't think they celebrate it in the UK so they shouldn't be forced to make it fancy. : \

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

If I find a way to fill three jugs with wbter, it better work or I am going to sue Jagex...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

If I find a way to fill three jugs with wbter, it better work or I am going to sue Jagex...

You've done it wrong.

In that clue word 2, 2nd letter comes out as A or B

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just use the Waterpump by West Falador Bank on your way to the Gem Merchant.

EDIT: Or did Paw Claw solve that and I just misunderstood?

Too lazy to figure out what the first item was telling me (it's too complicated!). Anyway:

[hide=Items]6 Red Spiders Eggs

200 gp

3 Jugs of Water[/hide]

[hide=4th contact]"Head on to where the ground is granular and the solar spectacular, then quiz the fellow who peddle pasttimes to passers-by."

Who could this be? Anyone help please?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's this Faruq guy in Al Kharid. It says something about buying some tools for fun kind of thing.[/hide]

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I havent used my brain this much while playing runescape since doing while guthix sleeps without a guide. :P

Loving it, cant wait for the reward tomorrow.

So glad I played Professor Layton, that second item would've stumped me if a question just like it hadn't popped up in that game. Let's go #4 :thumbsup:

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

So glad I played Professor Layton, that second item would've stumped me if a question just like it hadn't popped up in that game. Let's go #4 :thumbsup:

ugh its sunday and jagex still hasnt released the clue/ no one on tif will post the answers

1. post the answers so i can get a fail reward plx <3

2. if this has nothing to do with thanksgiving why am i doing it :?

OTMSigXD.png

ugh its sunday and jagex still hasnt released the clue/ no one on tif will post the answers

1. post the answers so i can get a fail reward plx <3

2. if this has nothing to do with thanksgiving why am i doing it :?

It's a community event, nothing to do with Thanksgiving.

Candidates,

You’re nearly there! You have the details of the final contact you’ll need to speak to. All you need are the code items to give him the go-ahead to share his knowledge with you. Get your cryptic-crunching craniums around this clue and you’ll be all set.

For your next brain-training endeavour, we asked our good friend Sir Tiffy Cashien to come up with a complex conundrum for you to contemplate.

“On one of my many journeys about Gielinor, I encountered the strange beast known as the Chaos Elemental. When I came across this swirling vortex of randomness it was holding a rather mundane looking chest.

“What items do you have in that chest?” I asked it.

The creature responded: “Its no Mirasol all Gentle cats can tilt red Romulans rear crease bulbs salt gate

Thoroughly confused, I told him I didn’t understand. Again, the bizarre monster responded: “43 – 35 – 27 – 19 – 11… Use what follows to skip over the answer.

Confused? By Jove, that’s an understatement! I was dumbstruck for a while, but I remembered my lessons in deciphering secret messages and eventually I cracked it! An odd assortment of items, but then the Chaos Elemental is a strange being!

Anyway, you’ll need three of the first item, ten of the second and the number you get if you take the first from the second for the third. Haha!”

If you can solve Sir Tiffy’s little puzzle then you should know what items you will need for this part of your test! Take them to our contact for your final set of clues.

Good luck, as ever.

Best of luck everyone!

RIP Michaelangelopolous