Black Sheeps in Lumbridge

Gradeskip

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's part of the recent re-work of the starting F2P Quests. They've added quest-specific items instead of buyable ones (for example, a special egg for Cook's Assistant and a special hammer for Vampire Slayer). The icons are to notify the new player that the item or NPC is part of a certain quest (each quest that got re-worked has its own icon). As part of this update Draynor Manor had a graphical update as well.

It's sort of odd that they didn't even mention this in the In Other News section though

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The priest in Lumbridge church also has an icon by his name.

Several of the F2P quests had their rewards bumped up. If you go through your quest list one by one, you will see messages at the bottom of the ones with unclaimed rewards.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Black sheep have wool...

Wool can be used to make bowstrings...

SAILING@@@@@)&95873592

Just kidding. :razz:

When did they say they were reworking F2P quests?

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Black sheep have wool...

SAILING@@@@@)&95873592

They didn't mention it, but I'm surprised it's taken them this long to rework a quest. Some of them are a little weird. They probably want to rearrange some of the story lines.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Black sheep have wool...

SAILING@@@@@)&95873592

In this interview with the lead CM Mod he mentions that they have spent some time reworking the beginning of the game (like the new tutorial and now these reworked quests) in order to have a better impact on brand new players so that they stay with the game. He also says that player number growth has stalled and it's sort of implied that Jagex is re-working the beginning of the game to solve this problem. They want to leave a good impression on new players so that numbers start growing again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it just proves Jagex aren't racist...

They renamed baa baa black sheep to baa baa rainbow sheep as it was deemed racist.....

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Seems racist, not anti-racist to me.

The white sheep are ordinary, but the black sheep are special. Thats discrimination based on colour.

Jagex need to be careful about this or they'll have legal issues.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The white sheep are ordinary, but the black sheep are special. Thats discrimination based on colour.

I hope your being ironic :cool:

Nope racism works both ways.

Look at the dialogue you get if you try to shear a black sheep

The farmer wouldn't like you shearing theses special sheep. Try the white ones.

It could be taken that the black sheep are either superior or inferior to the white sheep as the black sheep are special.

Either way your calling one colour of sheep superior or different to the other and treating them different = racist.

Personally it doesn't bother me, but I guarantee you someone will take it as being racist. The same way pretty much anything you or say can be taken as racist.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The colour of the sheep is of no relation to the colour of human skin. Grow up people.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The colour of the sheep is of no relation to the colour of human skin. Grow up people.

Tell the UK government that then as well as anyone who believes in being politically correct.

Google baa baa black sheep controversy.

Many schools refused to teach that song and a few changed it to rainbow sheep as they found it racist or discriminating.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Nope racism works both ways.

Look at the dialogue you get if you try to shear a black sheep

It could be taken that the black sheep are either superior or inferior to the white sheep as the black sheep are special.

Either way your calling one colour of sheep superior or different to the other and treating them different = racist.

Personally it doesn't bother me, but I guarantee you someone will take it as being racist. The same way pretty much anything you or say can be taken as racist.

Oh my god. I did not pay attention to the dialogue! That HAS to be removed. It's really offensive from my view. What idiot made this change...

Good job Joe with making me aware of it :thumbup:

To everyone argumenting that it's not racists:

Even if it is not meant to be racists, it's cleary offensive. In a game there is clear boundries that you should not cross, and in this case Jagex or the person responsible for the dialogue text, have crossed the boundary.

You're talking about it like they've called it a severe racial slur, they've actually just called it black because that's what colour it is.

And it would be "special" if it were purple, orange, fat, thin, smarter, woollier... it's black. Sheep in the real world can be black. It's a [bleep]ing sheep, not a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

You're talking about it like they've called it a severe racial slur, they've actually just called it black because that's what colour it is.

And it would be "special" if it were purple, orange, fat, thin, smarter, woollier... it's black. Sheep in the real world can be black. It's a [bleep]ing sheep, not a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

It's the dialogue that's offensive, not the colour of the sheeps.

My personal opinion of the colour of sheeps being black:

It looks horrible, but like many have said there are sheeps that have the colour black so it's not a big deal.