War of Legends - New Trailer 5/1/'10

Carl

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my friend says war of legend is new mechscape

Well considering that jagex didn't develop the game (they are just publishing it for a developer, using their experience in Java gaming.) that seems highly unlikely not to mention it isn't even the right genre.

Plus on the WoL twitter they confirmed it has nothing to do with it.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Well considering that jagex didn't develop the game (they are just publishing it for a developer, using their experience in Java gaming.) that seems highly unlikely not to mention it isn't even the right genre.

ok how do u know they are just publishing it for a developer? from what i read jagex made woL themselves

Rich_Luke1_.png

ok how do u know they are just publishing it for a developer? from what i read jagex made woL themselves

A Post from FunOrb forums

wolfunorb.png

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Digging the snail on his head.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

It's a pretty good idea to let other trusted developers come to Jagex in order for their game to be published. Considering not many people have the power and no-how of browser based Java games like they do, I think Jagex has an upper hand in the competition. And with Jagex' fanbase, it's a smart move for the developer. Extra money for Jagex, more games to put under their advertising belt, and even more productivity for the people who made the game. Win win win, if you've seen The Office.

However the game, already, has turned me off by simply being based around such a strong plot line. All that Ancient China crap just doesn't interest me. Keep a strategy game simply a strategy game. I don't want to read through tedious storyline and dialog fest mouth breathers. I just want it to be fun and entertaining, and not built around a certain subject. I just hope it isn't like Puzzle Quest. It's a great puzzle game, but the story is [bleep]ing annoying and the plot it takes you down is completely not necessary.

Stellactic.gif

Seems like the trailer reveals less than I had hoped it would. I kind of wanted to see the game play for it, and see whether or not it would be resource-centric (a la Starcraft/CnC) or map-centric (a la Armies of Gielinor).

Still looks good. Did they say there were planning to launch it in January? That's what the trailer gave me the impression of, anyway.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Seems like the trailer reveals less than I had hoped it would. I kind of wanted to see the game play for it, and see whether or not it would be resource-centric (a la Starcraft/CnC) or map-centric (a la Armies of Gielinor).

comments1.gif

You can find more of these answers here: http://www.stellarstop.com/forum/index.php/topic,1690.0.html

[404] Signature not found.

A compilation of responses from the Jagex Youtube page:

http://[Censored - Don't use a URL shortner]/8K0Sgv

And here's a screenshot from the game:

55304935-53096475ee528cc57616333c847d9c9b.4b45d271-full.jpg

The trailer and the screenshot pretty much tell us absolutely nothing about the gameplay. We just know it's a multiplayer strategy game that will have alliances, you'll log into it with your Jagex account, and there will be some p2p content. And apparently there's a map, but we have no idea what the map is for. Also, it will not have ninjas.

Jagex's take on Evony?... lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

This one is maginally better...

55536571.jpg

It doesnt show much but what it does however, reminds me of all those chinese micropayment "free forever" games such as Evony, Kingory, Travian etc.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

So are we supposed to expect graphics like that?

No those just remind of of Fable 2 cutscenes if you've played the game you'll remember the panning and zooming in between cutouts

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

You guys do know that it's a flash game right? That IS how it will look - which is pretty damn impressive for a flash game.

@LegendsTower Flash works best with this game, so it was used. Don't worry, we're still heavily focused on Java. Ajd

Seeing as how the game was developed by a 3rd party developer - it would be highly unlikely that Jagex would give up their RuneTek engine without a large licensing fee - therefore the developer used Flash.

-------------------------------------------------------------------