War of Legends - New Trailer 5/1/'10

Carl

You guys do know that it's a flash game right? That IS how it will look - which is pretty damn impressive for a flash game.

@LegendsTower Flash works best with this game, so it was used. Don't worry, we're still heavily focused on Java. Ajd

Seeing as how the game was developed by a 3rd party developer - it would be highly unlikely that Jagex would give up their RuneTek engine without a large licensing fee - therefore the developer used Flash.

They used flash? Flash is so stupid. There are many better choices for gaming. Heck, everything else that flash can do, something else can do better. Flash just runs like crap. :mellow:

I mean, ever heard of "Flash: 99% Bad?"

EDIT: ooo I now has 999 posts.

Big_Stingman.png

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another 99% stat for you... flash is installed on 99% of desktop computers. Most of the Civilisation type games (which i believe this to be) also use flash. It makes sense to me.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Some of the "Legends" you can recruit are having their art released on Twitter today.

Today on @War_of_Legends: pictures of some of the Legends you can recruit into your armies. Ajd

http://twitpic.com/x78hg - King Zhou - destined to be the last ruler of the Shang Dynasty

55764916.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1262962820&Signature=amneouizzfCw7HGntAkZ7zyAv6A%3D

I'm really liking the look of all the game. Should be interesting to see how the game actually plays.

Here's another 99% stat for you... flash is installed on 99% of desktop computers. Most of the Civilisation type games (which i believe this to be) also use flash. It makes sense to me.

Just because everyone uses/has something doesn't make it good. And I am not critiquing them for using flash, I am just saying that there are better choices.

My main point is that flash does a horrible job at allocating resources, but there are rare cases when the designer does an extremely good job in flash. Guess we'll find out if this developer is one of em!

Big_Stingman.png

http://twitpic.com/wxdk7

If it's going to be something like in WoW where you have to go to one place only (the image tags suggest that) then guess where I'll be going (hint: bottom right). :P

Might also just be for where you want to start off though.

I am almost 100% convinced its an Evony clone now. I would make an educated guess that there is no monthly fee but instead they rely on micropayments for more troops and food etc.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I am almost 100% convinced its an Evony clone now. I would make an educated guess that there is no monthly fee but instead they rely on micropayments for more troops and food etc.

Yeah, I agree, to be honest it seems to be Jagex getting revenge on Kingory (Another chinese themed Evony-like (Which is Civilization anyway))

Since they use "Most popular free-online game" When RS has one of the titles for it.

(Also, Kingory uses stolen Chun-li art for the registraion screen, Reeaaalll quality here folks.)

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

Dumbest trailer I've seen in forever.

You know its going to suck if they are too ashamed to show screen shots of the actual game...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Dumbest trailer I've seen in forever.

You know its going to suck if they are too ashamed to show screen shots of the actual game...

Um, you do know it's a teaser trailer right? They don't generally show off much. mellow.gif

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

Yeah, I agree, to be honest it seems to be Jagex getting revenge on Kingory (Another chinese themed Evony-like (Which is Civilization anyway))

Since they use "Most popular free-online game" When RS has one of the titles for it.

(Also, Kingory uses stolen Chun-li art for the registraion screen, Reeaaalll quality here folks.)

Evony stole the homepage of Runescape too. Would be interesting to see how Evony could get away with that kind of copying if Jagex have a similar game.

nnnpyx.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

They still have millions of people giving them a couple of quid every month. Their advertising campaign is working.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Evony stole the homepage of Runescape too. Would be interesting to see how Evony could get away with that kind of copying if Jagex have a similar game.

nnnpyx.jpg

Wow, that's kind of...

71.jpg

I hope to god Runescape doesn't start advertising the game with pictures of large-breast women. We already have enough immature kids in Runescape.

Nuwa.jpg

Nüwa is the controller of the Thousand-Year Old spirits. She is a legend that you may choose to recruit.

Daji.jpg

Daji is the favourite concubine of King Zhou.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

nnnpyx.jpg

Wow...that is so sad...

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

It looks like. .Heroes of Might and magic

exactly what i'm thinking.

[spoiler=heroes of might and magic 3]homm3hero.jpg

[spoiler=war of legends]58191319.jpg

A little less extensive, but it has the same principal.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

@AustinHinz1st There will be no 'members version' of War of Legends. The whole game will be free-to-play. Ajd

Wonder where they will get the income for it.

Still hasnt been released.