New Year Message - 31-Dec-2009

Uaexkiller

I'm a little surprised at some of the things they chose to highlight from 2009. Evil trees? Advisor system? I wasn't under the impression that those were the most popular or influential updates of the year. And they didn't mention the random event update or the run update, both of which had huge impacts on gameplay.

But those are f2p :rolleyes:

adviser system is for f2p newbies

4e0Vn.png

It looks like next year will be the year to keep an eye on. I'm anxiously awaiting the next Grandmaster quest, and the new skill should prove to be fun/exciting/the undoing of the rares market.

I wonder what their 'theme' will be...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It looks like next year will be the year to keep an eye on. I'm anxiously awaiting the next Grandmaster quest, and the new skill should prove to be fun/exciting/the undoing of the rares market.

I wonder what their 'theme' will be...

It's going to be the "year of awesomness" :thumbup:

priest_wiz.png

Lol why get exited? None of those updates will actually come out in 2010, if they are in development now.

Erm, how would they come out if they aren't under development... unless.. they are already done.

The ones that come out in 2010 are under development now, or, if not, come out tomarrow.

New skill. Am I the only one who cringes when Jagex says that?

The last six skills to come out seem to me to be a huge success and three of them are my favorite skills; summoning, hunter, construction, farming, slayer and runecrafting.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

New skill. Am I the only one who cringes when Jagex says that?

Last skill was good and sailing rumors have been squashed, so I have high hopes.

The RSOF tells me that this will be the new skill.

For those of you who are afraid of links, here's the quickfind code:

16-17-348-58687481

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Sounds like a promising year. A lot of the updates they listed sound like quite high-lvl'd , like filling more holes in skills and conclusions of quest-plots. A new skill is usually a great addition to the game, so can't wait for that either, and because they are aware of the importance of high-lvl content, i have no doubt it will have some special rewards at higher lvl's, depending on what kind of skill it is of course.

Maybe the new equipment will have something to do with the rebalancing of the combat triangle, or maybe they have some innovative ability instead of just upping the max hit and defence bonusses.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Im sure im reading into the wording too much and incorrectly but "Thats before we even mention the new skill that is coming in 2010! And yes, there will be new combat equipment as well" The "And yes" part to me seems to be an extension of the previous sentence. New skill is a combat oriented skill?? I hope so...

I hope not. Or it will be a let down from Jagex to skillers.

Dart.jpg

Im sure im reading into the wording too much and incorrectly but "Thats before we even mention the new skill that is coming in 2010! And yes, there will be new combat equipment as well" The "And yes" part to me seems to be an extension of the previous sentence. New skill is a combat oriented skill?? I hope so...

I hope not. Or it will be a let down from Jagex to skillers.

That would be true if we assumed that skillers do not do combat(Wich they do, if they're true) and that Jagex' most important demographic is skillers (which it isn't) and that everything that jagex realeses in relation to a skill (wich is everything) is catered towards skillers alone(which nothing is).

It is a skill closely tied with combat and that can only be good, seeing that the combat triangle is messed up, i want to see a square.

I'm hoping the first year of the update is a good one as it will have been three weeks without an update (4 if you don't count the Christmas event). I'm not saying they should be making up for their lack of updates recently because of Christmas of course, but I'm hoping they make it a good start so as to set the tone for the rest of the year.

imagangster.png

Lol why get exited? None of those updates will actually come out in 2010, if they are in development now.

Then why would they write about it? A year is a long time, they might have been working on a quest for 2 months and it can easily be released in 2010.. :wall:

Erm, how would they come out if they aren't under development... unless.. they are already done.

The ones that come out in 2010 are under development now, or, if not, come out tomarrow.

How quickly people forget...just look at Mobilizing Armies. Scheduled for November 08 comes out over half a year later and it still doesn't work. The minigame is still worthless and is less of a strategy game than flipping a coin.

And the last skill that came out was less than halfway complete. It too was hyped like crazy, came out late and was completely glitched.

One of the best strategies when dealing with Jagex releases: be pessimistic, you won't get nearly as angry.

2496 Completionist