Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What update hurt you the most?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

cydoor
[ Display Name History ]

cydoor

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Cydoor
  • Clan:BlacKnights
Personal shop stocks and trade limits.
Posted Image

Jabawoki13
[ Display Name History ]

Jabawoki13

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • RSN:Jabawoki13
Probably the limits in shops, but most recently the Nomad's Requiem quest. Since getting my quest cape last year, its the longest time I havent been able to wear it (over a week now)...had about 6 attempts now but hopefully now far off now finishing it

Achievement Diaries
Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja
Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704
Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

Sea_dragon35
[ Display Name History ]

Sea_dragon35

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 570 posts

Personal shop stocks and trade limits.

This
Used to be able to make some nice money off shops.
And trade limit... do I need to say more?

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,475 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Dec 07. The updates in the months before and right after it.

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Trade limit and brawler gloves.

Jeda45
[ Display Name History ]

Jeda45

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 333 posts
The so-called "day that Runescape died" has always bugged me. The new PVP system just makes it worse.

And the GE has recently repealed my long-held tradition of "get it yourself."
If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

SeanyTheSailor
[ Display Name History ]

SeanyTheSailor

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:SeanytheBear
I see the trade limit as jagex essentially forcing people to use the GE, though I realised it helped resolve scamming.

i think the GE hurt me the most cuz i used to merch whips, but once it came out everyone just went to the GE set it for min and ran off to do whatever until we merchers had to give in.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

Kazukiyuki
[ Display Name History ]

Kazukiyuki

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
As said before, limits in shops and the way GE has made getting items too (?) easy. Now every upcoming little brat who wants to train 'x-stat' will just spam buy all the materials, raising the prices. :'(
Forgivness is for those too weak to take vengeance.
DJ Hiraku

Posted Image

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,014 posts
Anytime Jagex has screwed me over by releasing an useful update to what i'm doing a week after I finish what i'm doing.
Examples:

Berserker Ring able to be enchated day after I sell mine.
Servant updates after I get 70 Construction.
Dragon Pickaxe released after I get 70 Mining. (Not too bad, as I never got one anyway)

There was one other time, but I can't remember it.

#KERR2016/17/18/19.

#rpgformod

jsboutin2
[ Display Name History ]

jsboutin2

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 768 posts
Nothing much, actually. I know I wasn't perfectly happy ith some of them, but meh, I understood.

So good job update team!

Warmon45
[ Display Name History ]

Warmon45

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
The update that probably hurt me the most were probably the trade limit and pvp worlds...

Ezkaton
[ Display Name History ]

Ezkaton

#1 Bad Maxer

• Members
  • 2,387 posts
  • RSN:Ezkaton
  • Clan:EoE
Whatever update that was made to make smithing a generally non-profit skill, though tbf I don't mind making bars for profit or cballs...... Only methinks armour should be more than the bars, but oh wells, I still <3 smithing no matter the cost.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Kekek
[ Display Name History ]

Kekek

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • RSN:a Kekek
  • Clan:Supreme Skillers
Can't name one.

Living rock cavens made mining too easy.
Herblore update made herblore too expensive, but overloads are nice.
Trade limit and old style pking removal made the game different, but it had to be done.
Posted Image

Mio
[ Display Name History ]

Mio

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • RSN:Mio
The Prayer and herblore updates are the ones that got me.. Raising herb and Dragon bone prices imensley. Now If i want to get 70 prayer I will have to pay out 8.6m when before it could've been around the 3m mark.. And herblore I spent 1.4m alone on 51-55 herblore which is annoying for me. The grand exchange and trade limits also took the communtiy feel out of the game, Many people used to have perm material sellers on their trade lists; Now you can go day by day playign runescape without havign to say 1 word to any other player.
Posted Image

Kazukiyuki
[ Display Name History ]

Kazukiyuki

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
I got 70 pray through ectofunctus, 43 - 70 (it killed me, I swear...); two weeks later they release 'x', followed later by the prayer xp increase. NOT FUNNY :z. Ditto on the Berserker Ring and, to a degree, on the PvP update. I still understand the reason it was done...but it was crudely impemented, with limited forethought.
Forgivness is for those too weak to take vengeance.
DJ Hiraku

Posted Image

CHAPPERZ
[ Display Name History ]

CHAPPERZ

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • RSN:I CHAPP3RZ I
The trade limit.

Runescape doesn't seem the same not standing in a big park, saying the same thing over and over.

Ah, good old days
☆ α ηοοβ ϊs : sοmε οηε ώhο τακεs Rύηεsζαρε τοο sεriοsιy ☆
☆*ยป I CHAPP3RZ I Posted Image

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts
(Although it has no effect on me) Woodcutting update. Completely unnecessary, also made WC pretty much an afk skill.

I don't care about PvP updates, seeing as I don't do PvP. I also don't care about trade limits as I don't trade and only use the GE now (which imo made up for the limits).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

ilovesilvia
[ Display Name History ]

ilovesilvia

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
RS died in july 2007 with the graphical update. The funeral was on december 10, 2007 with the trade limit.
LOL.

Alex_Ewan_1
[ Display Name History ]

Alex_Ewan_1

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 834 posts
  • RSN:Alex Ewan 1
Trade limit.

I did quit for about a year in 2008 however I decided to give RS another chance since and have now got over all the price limitations.
Posted Image
Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.
Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

Ayisha
[ Display Name History ]

Ayisha

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 36 posts
This update didn't really hurt me, and I'm sorry, but I'm too newb to know a pre-ge or pre-wildy-pking runescape, but the update that upset me the most was the one that changed the current pvp systems implemented around July last year.

I used to really enjoy the thrill of skilling with only 3 items protected as I stayed clear of the tag of pker with no skull over my head. I died lots doing it, losing the items I'd gathered. But somehow, dying to (my definition of a) pjer wasn't so bad.... It at least taught me not to fight back as my account just isn't built for it.

Since the chage that puts a skull over my head just for logging into the world, where I will lose not only my power (i used to be f2p/ on f2p worlds with a friend) but something else I don't have bank-space for.... idk.... I don't want to be just-the-same-as the thrill-seekers who attack other players.

Meh, no rant here... I don't like the changes, so I have not logged into a pvp world (except a pre-arranged bout or 2) since they were brought in.

What I really don't like about them is they remove a de-crowding skill-training option for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users