Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

I did not seen a update for BC2 today. Kinda made me sad, I wanted to compare the new M60 and the M93 to the pre-patch version.

As for game play today I have fallen in love with the M416. Not as good as the M16, but still is an amazing gun if used correctly :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I was using the ns2000 for a bit last week and it felt more accurate than the 870. Is the ns2000 actually more accurate, or is it just a placebo effect from watching videos? I managed to outgun a medic about two lanes away from me on the road on the right side of the map on panama canal. We were looking right at each other. I was pretty thrilled to survive that showdown.

Hmm, i didn't get an update for it today (yesterday technically) either but folks were complaining about the improved Tracer gun on the Ea forums, i don't know.

The G3 has overtook the XM8 assault rifle as my most used gun. Trying to start using the M14 a bit more now as well after watching some gameplay vids on youtube.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Hmm, i didn't get an update for it today (yesterday technically) either but folks were complaining about the improved Tracer gun on the Ea forums, i don't know.

The G3 has overtook the XM8 assault rifle as my most used gun. Trying to start using the M14 a bit more now as well after watching some gameplay vids on youtube.

I'm going to play a few games with it and see how it goes. I am actually going to start using the weapons that can be used for each class and give my thoughts on them. See how that goes... :unsure:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I just used the M416 for the first time, rush Attack on Laguna Presa. This is the result...

de8lyr.jpg

I have to say that I like it :thumbsup: I was so excited. I got 4 of the combat excellence, or whatever the 8 killstreak pin is called. You can only see one in the pic, and you can see 2 of the 6 killstreak ones. The whole game I went ninja and snuck into the back of their base and picked them off. This was also beneficial for a spawn point for my squad. I also got 4 knife kills in one life from sneaking up behind them :thumbsup:

My last 5 or so kills were with the M16, which I unlocked in that game. The first time I got it, I found someone, unloaded the clip and killed them, and then thought something was wrong because there was literally no recoil at basically full auto. So, it's pretty much amazing :mrgreen:

2s0cxth.png

You guys heard about this?

Bad Company 2 Gets Multiplayer Co-op Mode

New 'Onslaught Mode' allows up to four players to work together.

A new downloadable mode will soon be available for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 that introduces cooperative gameplay to consoles.

Onslaught Mode allows four players to team up across four objective-based multiplayer maps Valparaiso, Atacama Desert, Isla Inocentes, and Nelson Bay. The maps have been "redesigned" with new lighting, time of day, added vehicles and other effects, according to Electronic Arts.

"We're thrilled to bring something new and fresh to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 while still keeping Battlefield's signature gameplay intact," says Patrick Bach, Senior Producer at DICE. "We want to consistently support the over 4 million fans playing the game with new ways to get into multiplayer and also challenge the elite players with new experiences to improve their performance online.

"Effective squad play is the key to success in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer and this new mode will provide players with a dedicated environment to test their team skills and rank against the competition."

No price or release date was given. EA says the new mode is "coming soon" to PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. Stay tuned for our impressions at a later date.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1089037p1.html

Is this likely to be free?

Heard about that today, sounds pretty good.

Playing earlier with a couple of friends and couldn't get a kill to save myself. Got a ton of assists and got my arse handed to me by folk using the M416. Got some sweet kills with the RPG on helicopters using the tracer pistol.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Played only 3 full games today (Work kinda stole away me playing) and I started to use the G3. All and all if used correctly the gun is great. I find it difficult to use long range, but medium range it kicks [wagon]. Not something Ill use a lot, but more of a gun for [cabbage]s and giggles. back to my M416 tomorrow.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

A new downloadable mode will soon be available for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 that introduces cooperative gameplay to consoles.

Onslaught Mode allows four players to team up across four objective-based multiplayer maps Valparaiso, Atacama Desert, Isla Inocentes, and Nelson Bay. The maps have been "redesigned" with new lighting, time of day, added vehicles and other effects, according to Electronic Arts.

"We're thrilled to bring something new and fresh to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 while still keeping Battlefield's signature gameplay intact," says Patrick Bach, Senior Producer at DICE. "We want to consistently support the over 4 million fans playing the game with new ways to get into multiplayer and also challenge the elite players with new experiences to improve their performance online.

"Effective squad play is the key to success in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer and this new mode will provide players with a dedicated environment to test their team skills and rank against the competition."

No price or release date was given. EA says the new mode is "coming soon" to PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. Stay tuned for our impressions at a later date.

:thumbup:

There are still 2 VIP add on's left, this could very well be one of them. Anyone know when the 3rd map pack is released?

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

The M60 is awesome, even after it's supposed "nerf"

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Played only 3 full games today (Work kinda stole away me playing) and I started to use the G3. All and all if used correctly the gun is great. I find it difficult to use long range, but medium range it kicks [wagon]. Not something Ill use a lot, but more of a gun for [cabbage]s and giggles. back to my M416 tomorrow.

If you crouch when firing, it eliminates 50% of the recoil which makes it noticably easier to hit. I think this is G3 specific however i'm sure most guns have reduced recoil when firing from crouched but i don't know if it's as much as 50%. My favourite gun at the minute anyway. Moving onto the M1 Garand and the M14 now for a while.

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

The machine gun on the UAV is activated when you use Alt.Vehicle Weapon for the vehicle specialization.

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

The machine gun on the UAV is activated when you use Alt.Vehicle Weapon for the vehicle specialization.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case but I wanted to double check.

I'm looking forward to using the m9 after the patch. Looks like a nice mix of the m1911 and the mp-443.

Im hoping the M93 is better. If its any good that will be my new side arm, along with the M1911.

I hope once I get a few pay checks in from work Ill buy a PVR and start recording some games and give weapon and map reviews. Should be a fun side project over the summer :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

:thumbup:

There are still 2 VIP add on's left, this could very well be one of them. Anyone know when the 3rd map pack is released?

I also found this video if anyone has or has not seen it. It's the new trailer for onslaught mode. Looks really REALLY good.

http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

Got everything unlocked today. The mg3 is just amazing. I actually feeling like I'm using a hose to shoot people; a couple burst taps seems to kill a person. Played two squad rush games tonight as well, got eight mg3 kills in one of those rounds. The defenders seems to get such a nice height advantage on panama canal though, there's a two-story building with a clear vantage point on the bomb site.

bc2gr1.jpg

Tasty. Lovin' all the marksman headshots.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Been using the weapons that can be used with all the kits, the G3, M14, M1 Garand and the Thomson Sub-Machinegun. The G3 is definately my favourite, with decent damage balanced by having a relatively small magazine. The M1 Garand (the WWII rifle) is probably my second. It's quite close in style to the M14 but i find the iron sights on the Garand a hell of a lot clearer to use. The M14 and the Thomson i'm not all too fussed about. However i think the Thomson and Garand are still bugged when it comes to tracking your kills which i'd hoped would've been fixed with the patch last week.

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction